The game looks much better and crisper when I change from Borderless Fullscreen to Fullscreen and set the resolution manually to the one of my monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

momcilo94

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Can someone help me test if this is true?

1. Change Display mode from Borderless Fullscreen to Fullscreen.
2. Set the Screen Resolution and refresh rate to the one of your monitor.
3. Post your result here.

What I also noticed is that after doing this change settings like lightning quality actually seem to change something, but I'm not sure didn't do enough testing. There's also a weird bug now where I can't switch back to Borderless Fullscreen, but as I'm writing this I haven't restarted the game so might fix itself.

I also find it that when I switch manually to one of the lower resolution the game seems to get a lot darker.

I don't know the difference between "Borderless Fullscreen" and "Fullscreen". However, when I changed the screen resolution it helped a lot with performance. I thought this was because of the decrease in tool on the graphic card. I will try it though.

So iow it was running at a different resolution than your desktop even though you had set it to desktop? That indeed would be bad.

I can't know since it didn't show the number. All I noticed is that the game looks much better after the change, and before I tinkered with the lightning quality settings and saw no visible changes, but after changing the resolution I could see the changes, not sure though haven't done enough testing.

Same thing to me. I am running the game with an Ultrawide 21:9 monitor with a 120 refresh rate at 2k. After this change the graphics improvement is significant. Not sure what they mean by borderless fullscreen, hope they change the default setting so more people would know.

Same thing to me. I am running the game with an Ultrawide 21:9 monitor with a 120 refresh rate at 2k. After this change the graphics improvement is significant. Not sure what they mean by borderless fullscreen, hope they change the default setting so more people would know.

Glad it helped!

The reason why borderless fullscreen has less FPS is because you are basically rendering the game but also your operating system. Full screen kinda "forces" your OS to the backround.

I run 3440x1440 on max everything and it didnt improve fps for me but it does look slightly better, but it could just be placebo affect.

The reason why borderless fullscreen has less FPS is because you are basically rendering the game but also your operating system. Full screen kinda "forces" your OS to the backround.

I run 3440x1440 on max everything and it didnt improve fps for me but it does look slightly better, but it could just be placebo affect.

It's not placebo, the game looks crisper and more vibrant, you can even see it in the text of the UI, multiple people are reporting the same. I think it impacts the quality of lightning too, because before this change when I changed lightning quality the setting did nothing, and after it you could see notable difference between low and high. Although I need to do more testing to confirm that.

It's not placebo, the game looks crisper and more vibrant, you can even see it in the text of the UI, multiple people are reporting the same. I think it impacts the quality of lightning too, because before this change when I changed lightning quality the setting did nothing, and after it you could see notable difference between low and high. Although I need to do more testing to confirm that.

I'll have to check out more of the game and see as well. I just did a quick 30 second peek.

I got the same feeling. After the change, text becomes much more clear and lighting definitely improves.

I'm on a 2k 144mhz monitor, everything on ultra but have to keep res scaling at 75% which is basically down to 1920x1090 to keep nice and stable @144fps, which is weird cuz I loose about 30-40fps if I just set the overall resolution to 1920x1090 instead of keeping my native at 2560x1440

So basically you are saying change "borderless fullscreen" to "fullscreen" and

"desktop resolution" to specific "1920x1080" if my monitor native res is 1080p?

Back
Top Bottom