• I play Battania and it's fine for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need to go faster... Faster!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruslanesque

Recruit
Is it just me or AI is very eager too paint the map their color? In 6 hours of my 3rd playthrough I already had the map divided in half by Battania and Southern Empire and them being at war with each other. If there are no rebellions game becomes much less fun when there's only one faction left.

Also I think that Batannia is way too OP. In 2 hours or gameplay they already conquer half of Western Empire and Aserai making them the fattest faction. That was the same for my 1,2 and 4 playthrough. They just dominated Vlandia, Sturgia and Western Empire very fast.

Borders AI forms don't make any sense from a Strategic point of view: When Battania conquers Aserai right away it puts them into vulnerable position of possibly being split in halves. Sadly, other AI don't use it. That was the same for 3 of my games.

Otherwise I love this game and thank you Taleworlds for delivering such a great experience! I didn't have any bugs or crashes so far which is great. Only thing that bothers me is that I can't pan the camera with RMB smoothly on the campaign map but that's not that big of an issue for me.

Also question unrelated to this post:

How can you earn more money from caravans? Do you assign a person with a high trade skill to it? Because I couldn't find any of those in Taverns. They are all just fighters mostly.

I think the main issue is that lords tend to join strong factions keeping their fiefs, even if they are in a war with them. I played Vlandia recently and we finally got to capture a city and then voted on who to get the fief, liege decided to give it to someone with minor support resulting in 1 Clan leaving the kingdom to join our enemy, taking a city and a castle with them

Seconding this, I've played multiple games now and watched the Battanians, Khazaits, and Northern Empire balloon out of control in various games. The borders change stupidly fast and also due to the way recruiting works now and imbalances in units, it allows some factions to just wipe others out. The biggest problem imo is the arsehole-bag-of-holding. I've put down multiple lords and ransomed them off, only for them to immediately show up with 70-150 troops again outta nowhere. The AI can seemingly just pull armies out of nothing, but at the same time is braindead and has no grasp of strategy so when they raise an army they don't even send it to relieve a siege. I recently watched the Southern Empire get steamrolled despite having a 300 strong army because said army was chasing bandits in the west while the entire portion of the eastern provinces were under siege by the Aesari.

I think you mean faction imperialism is too fast which is true. It should take a faction decades, ideally 50+ years to conquer half the map.

Otherwise the game is way too slow in terms of level/skill progression, and ageing.

Seconding this, I've played multiple games now and watched the Battanians, Khazaits, and Northern Empire balloon out of control in various games. The borders change stupidly fast and also due to the way recruiting works now and imbalances in units, it allows some factions to just wipe others out. The biggest problem imo is the arsehole-bag-of-holding. I've put down multiple lords and ransomed them off, only for them to immediately show up with 70-150 troops again outta nowhere. The AI can seemingly just pull armies out of nothing, but at the same time is braindead and has no grasp of strategy so when they raise an army they don't even send it to relieve a siege. I recently watched the Southern Empire get steamrolled despite having a 300 strong army because said army was chasing bandits in the west while the entire portion of the eastern provinces were under siege by the Aesari.
Oh no armies out of nowhere again ?.
I hated the cheating AI in warband. Ransom a lord the next day he shows up with 200 men without using his garrison. That's no fun.

Back
Top Bottom