The game is actually worse. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, agreed. The title is quite obviously and objectively untrue.

I don't think you can declare my title objectively untrue btw. For all intents and purposes the game's mechanics/features have hardly changed since the launch of EA. The player does literally the same loops then (day 1) as they do today (year+ later). There are just a few more quest, minor cosmetic changes, and bug fixes.

We have not rcvd significant or otherwise relevant improvements to any of the things I listed in the original post:

"No immersion
No RPG elements
Nothing to do outside of war - don't say do quest, just please don't; the quest are not in any way enjoyable
Diplomacy is so haphazard and nonsensical - decisions seem totally random
Victories do not feel rewarding because AI comes right back
No real intra-kingdom politics or real ways to influence anything other than "influence mana" and even then...its just BAD! Could we get some internal politics FFS
No good dialog or meaningful relations system"

I think as time goes by, you have become more tolerant and accepting of the mediocre work of FAILWORDS. Don't lie to yourself. You know.

While this is true the game still has improved a lot. I call the EA release state of the game "Placeholder Lord" :wink:

I think it has improved in very limited terms; mostly bug fixing and some balancing. But the overall experience has not improved in my opinion.

The game is of course not worse (maybe only worse performance/graphics-wise), but at the same time it is not more enjoyable then it was at the release, lol.

The reason is that they mostly kept adding features in isolation rather than deepening the game world and interactions.

Placeholder Lord above is a good name. :smile:

The game is of course not worse (maybe only worse performance/graphics-wise), but at the same time it is not more enjoyable then it was at the release, lol.

The reason is that they mostly kept adding features in isolation rather than deepening the game world and interactions.

Placeholder Lord above is a good name. :smile:

Yeah I have to agree with everything you just said, and I think you've described the problem perfectly.

Nothing seems like it was designed to interact - almost everything feels like its done in isolation.

Why don't you be more specific on what can be improved? can you write examples on how we can get better in each of the sections that you wrote? if so, I am guessing that the game product managers will take that into consideration taking into account budget, other urgent matters like bugs and then try to help.

we immediately recognize the new ones on this forum, believe me taleworlds does not listen to anything and this since the beginning of the EA, no communication nothing

I understand a lot of people are past this stage but in agreement with them, I just wanna say that yeah.. if you look at everything with only eye open, I can understand people who feel they're on the right track, but otherwise.. it's one step forward, three steps back.

And it makes me worry.

Would I say TW has done a poor job of fixing the major issues of the game in a timely manner? Yes.
Would I say the mid/late-game is still overall a luck-based, grindy, unintuitive, exploit-filled, imbalanced repetitive experience? Yes.

But would I say the game is not more enjoyable than release? No. I think the game is more enjoyable than release.

If we look at this feedback thread we can track TW's real progress on things the community has asked to be fixed, as opposed to just working on random nothings that nobody asked for, or making meaningless tweaks.

It shows that although progress has been incredibly slow as always, since 1.5.8 (roughly 5 months ago) there has still definitely been progress on fixing things that made the game less fun, and implementing things that made the game more fun. Overall, the game is still highly flawed, and it's taking way too long to get better, but it's improved, and they're finally tackling major issues, like sieges. Credit where credit is due.

Maybe the reason it doesn't feel more enjoyable to you than launch is because the actual amount of gameplay improvement in each patch is very small, and so it feels unnoticeable.

Would I say TW has done a poor job of fixing the major issues of the game in a timely manner? Yes.
Would I say the mid/late-game is still overall a luck-based, grindy, unintuitive, exploit-filled, imbalanced repetitive experience? Yes.

But would I say the game is not more enjoyable than release? No. I think the game is more enjoyable than release.

If we look at this feedback thread we can track TW's real progress on things the community has asked to be fixed, as opposed to just working on random nothings that nobody asked for, or making meaningless tweaks.

It shows that although progress has been incredibly slow as always, since 1.5.8 (roughly 5 months ago) there has still definitely been progress on fixing things that made the game less fun, and implementing things that made the game more fun. Overall, the game is still highly flawed, and it's taking way too long to get better, but it's improved, and they're finally tackling major issues, like sieges. Credit where credit is due.

Maybe the reason it doesn't feel more enjoyable to you than launch is because the actual amount of gameplay improvement in each patch is very small, and so it feels unnoticeable.
I see your point and yes, I give them their credit for it. Of course some stuff the community asked has been added.

But my point is that the game still feels like a placeholder. It will not feel like a placeholder and will be more vivid, when, for example:
  • bandits left alone long time gathers up, creates an army, and attacks kingdoms.
  • minor factions give quests, they stop being programmatic copies of each other, and have their own missions in the world affecting world balance
  • lords are not robotic and remember the player and act differently accordingly
  • scenes have reasons to visit them
  • and so on... hundreds of these kinds of suggesstions has been made on these forums.
How has the game progressed towards these types of deep features?

Not real progress has been made. Only rebellions.

These kinds of features are generally harder to implement from a programming perspective. And if their codebase is mess, they avoid these types of features.

On the other hand, TW picks the easy solutions and adds features in isolation such as keep battles, smithing, board games, prison breaks. They are easier to implement. They do not affect or interact with the game world.

I am not saying they are bad. They all have merit and good, but they are not organic features, only isolated ones.

My point is that unless more organic features are added, the game will stay as a Placeholder Lord.

My point is that unless more organic features are added, the game will stay as a Placeholder Lord.
You're not wrong, but remember the experience we are trying to compare is Warband vs Viking Conquest. Warband was a hollow shell of a game, but VC was a complete one.

That is, I'm fine with Placeholderlord and would rather they have a real stopping point in mind so that the community can be unleashed for-once-and-for-all

I think it's funny someone deleted my post here stating they can't move forward because of utter lack of direction, stepping backwards every time they feint stepping forward and when I come back there are 4 more pages of people doing the same

No immersion
Haven't you seen the defending troops go make a circle in the river on that one map?
No RPG elements
Nah re-loading the game until it gives you what you want is tried and true RPG element.
Nothing to do outside of war - don't say do quest, just please don't; the quest are not in any way enjoyable
Stealing horses is always enjoyable
Diplomacy is so haphazard and nonsensical - decisions seem totally random
They count thier power compared to fiefs, less power more fiefs they get passive and want peace, more power to fiefs they get aggressive and wannt wars.
Victories do not feel rewarding because AI comes right back
Not if you keep them prisoner forever years and years in you party and only let them go when you taken thier entire faction over.
No real intra-kingdom politics or real ways to influence anything other than "influence mana" and even then...its just BAD! Could we get some internal politics FFS
No good dialog or meaningful relations system
Still jacked up sieges
Yeah, nothing for this, siege's are less messed up sometimes now, but I still want better control and command.

Dilly Dallying.
Tinkering
Because it isn’t a bug. It was made this way on purpose to nerf HA.
Yeah and then I send them reports and get back "We couldn't recreate the issue" I know you can't TW, that's why I also sent videos. These are high caliber combat micro issues, I know they will never come up with TW testing. I demand perfection and obedience from my troops!!!!!!!!!!!
I would say that the two weights and two measures are in fashion.
I don't know what this means. I wanted to join in on the bully troll bandwagon but I can't, I really like Berserk and Darksouls, it's been dark time for Berserk fans.

Indeed. I presume this was implemented so that enemy armies could actually flee without being slaughted to a man everytime.
It's silly because all you have to do is charge before they break or have HA on fallow me and you can still wipe them out. So it's just inconvenience for nothing.
I created a custom battle with 100 khans guard vs 100 druznik champions in 1.6.0, the khan guards crushed the druznik.
Yeah the Druznik and other melee Cav can't even land thier attacks most of the time. KG eat Cav for breakfast but the issue is when HA (most of which are not KG) are charged they used to go in a wide circle and fire, avoiding close combat. NOW they go in a closer circle and some will usually try t melee and die. Not the KG because they have glaive, but other HA really don't have a side arm that can even be used effectively so it just wastes them. I would have been much better to enhance weak type of troops rather then ruining the type that functioned well.
Implying these kinds of channels aren't just there to milk the game for views
That guys alright, at least he plays the game. It's the ones that are all "oh a update, I don't know what any of the words means cuz a barely played the game but I'll reed it like a durpy ****** for views anyways". Does M&B have a big illiterate player base?

Bannerlord is complete. Don't worry. The space game will be amazing.
I was thinking that is DLC reference
I swear I saw a moderator say maybe it's a DLC also one of the Devs made a space game saying look at what you can do with our mod creation tools
I know Taleworlds might seem like they have no clue but I would think they have some sense not to make a space game or DLC for Bannerlord

I was thinking that is DLC reference
I swear I saw a moderator say maybe it's a DLC also one of the Devs made a space game saying look at what you can do with our mod creation tools
I know Taleworlds might seem like they have no clue but I would think they have some sense not to make a space game or DLC for Bannerlord
Well, that rumor comes from a job listing they had that mentioned they were looking for artists with "a sci-fi interest for an unannounced project". Not too many directions that could go, I doubt it's dlc. The job listing was deleted when people started talking about it.

Back
Top Bottom