The game is actually worse. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, but this also won´t add any real gameplay value. Sure it´s very nice to have unique scenes but there still isn´t anything to do in those scenes.
They are indeed mostly glorified map markers at this time other than perhaps sieges, comedy of errors that they are, where they can feel a bit samey and give the world a small lifeless vibe after seeing X castle or town so many times not counting the other plethora of issues with them.

There are supposed to be other major features that take place in said scenes and I imagine it is why they wanted to go full unique for every center this time as a premise to explore and find those things. I think they are holding onto this idea that they need to do X before Y but I'd imagine many would be quite pleased with Y without X. I suppose it would just be too embarrassing for the studio if players went through the same town twice while playing through a functioning inner-city gang system?

That said, when done right a good variety of scenes does a lot for world building but it is very intensive and is quite time consuming, the work, the attention to detail required, all the issues that will pop up like with pathing and collision, the requirements are immense. Even at the end in vanilla Warband there were still issues with sieges having some guy fall into a wall or something and making the siege never end. In total conversion mods scene work was by far one of the hardest jobs to get right. The notion that so much of it and many other promised features are in such a poor state, it is certainly going to be years before final release. But we all know that.

But I do not think they are going anywhere, it is going to take forever, it has taken forever, but they have enough funding from EA sales to keep the lights on and pathologically sludge onward for quite awhile as by their own admission it really isn't about success or completion for them, to quote Armağan (IIRC) from an interview where he was being pressured about a release date: "we just like to go to work everyday and make video games", adding that "we have no internal timetables for completion", paraphrasing.

Last edited:
But I do not think they are going anywhere, it is going to take forever, it has taken forever, but they have enough funding from EA sales to keep going pathologically for quite awhile as by their own admission it really isn't about success or completion for them, to quote Armağan (IIRC) from an interview where he was being pressured about a release date: "we just like to go to work everyday and make video games", adding that "we have no internal timetables for completion", paraphrasing.
I´m ok with it if they need more time. Hell, even if they say it will be released 2023 but they will add X, Y, and Z, I wouldn´t say no.

But seems like it will be released Q1 2022 and we will only get the stuff they already told/showed us.

Last edited:
I wonder whether every town will have a unique tavern scene, or whether each culture will just have a couple of taverns re-used in each town. I wouldn't mind too much if that was the case.

Haven't posted or played in a while....

Tried 1.6.1 - couldn't believe how bad the game still is even after all this time.

Same problems since basically day 1:

No immersion
No RPG elements
Nothing to do outside of war - don't say do quest, just please don't; the quest are not in any way enjoyable
Diplomacy is so haphazard and nonsensical - decisions seem totally random
Victories do not feel rewarding because AI comes right back
No real intra-kingdom politics or real ways to influence anything other than "influence mana" and even then...its just BAD! Could we get some internal politics FFS
No good dialog or meaningful relations system
Still jacked up sieges
(WTF have they been doing for 1+ year???)

This game basically has nothing that you would expect from a game of this size and scope - other than the combat. But the enjoyment of combat and battles is immediately lost knowing that your victory's mean basically nothing. Either the AI comes back with a full army, or the kings declares peace before any real advantage can be pressed.

Honestly, how the F are we so far out from the launch of the beta, with no meaningful improvements to the game? HOW IS IT STILL SO BAD?

I tried, buts its still just such a "meh" experience. I'm 100% convinced nobody at FAILWORLDS even plays the game.

I wish they would sell this IP to a studio that actually gave a damn.

Its Early Access, maybe you should wait until full release?

I wonder whether every town will have a unique tavern scene, or whether each culture will just have a couple of taverns re-used in each town. I wouldn't mind too much if that was the case.
Goes back to "how many players will experience this" considering most things can be done from the world map. I don't think we'll get to see alot of new tavern scenes with this mindset.

Goes back to "how many players will experience this" considering most things can be done from the world map. I don't think we'll get to see alot of new tavern scenes with this mindset.
It's a curious mindset.
On one hand, it looks very rational from the developer POV, to prioritize stuff that gets most use (I've done this myself in modding Warband). But:
1. It's really only valid if you are late and need to cut features, so the low priority ones go first. If you have months to go till release, it's not very convincing.
2. In reality it results in half-assed features that don't seem polished, because you always need extra effort to do things properly - effort that may be de-prioritized by accountant-type management. Basically, you need to take time to polish a game, but mostly the will (possibly informed by professional standards).

I´m ok with it if they need more time. Hell, even if they say it will be released 2023 but they will add X, Y, and Z, I wouldn´t say no.

But seems like it will be released Q1 2022 and we will only get the stuff they already told/showed us.
I'm of the strong opinion we won't see Bannerlord release for years - and it will be a slow burn EA like Rimworld or Seven Days to die (still in EA almost a decade later).

I'm of the strong opinion we won't see Bannerlord release for years - and it will be a slow burn EA like Rimworld or Seven Days to die (still in EA almost a decade later).
You can't compare it to Rimworld, which is basically a one-man project, which in turn tend to be slow-burn sagas for obvious reasons. Taleworlds has 100 or so employees and are supposed to be quicker, both for their players' sake and for their own sake (that huge wage bill needs to be paid each month).
That said, I'm pretty sure they'll try to release it soon with only a few people remaining on the project, fixing bugs and balancing. I don't think they'll do anything major with Bannerlord after the release, such as Warbanding it up (which some people inexplicably hope for).
We still need to hear a statement from Callum on the future direction so we won't have to guess like this, but I suppose it will be about DLCs and something generic and vague about Bannerlord support.

You can't compare it to Rimworld, which is basically a one-man project, which in turn tend to be slow-burn sagas for obvious reasons. Taleworlds has 100 or so employees and are supposed to be quicker, both for their players' sake and for their own sake (that huge wage bill needs to be paid each month).
That said, I'm pretty sure they'll try to release it soon with only a few people remaining on the project, fixing bugs and balancing. I don't think they'll do anything major with Bannerlord after the release, such as Warbanding it up (which some people inexplicably hope for).
We still need to hear a statement from Callum on the future direction so we won't have to guess like this, but I suppose it will be about DLCs and something generic and vague about Bannerlord support.
I really don't agree with this I have to say. Bannerlord is their only active project. We have had rumours of another project yes - but as we saw with Bannerlord; it might be a decade before we see anything further. It's likely not even past the concept stage.

So you have got 4-6 years of programmers with Bannerlord being the only thing they can work on. And we have clear hints that they want to do DLC. Maybe the reaction on here hasn't been great; but Bannerlord is a huge financial success - and it's safe to assume any DLC might easily sell well too.

I can't imagine TW wanting to drop that EA flag for a long time (it's a shield to hide behind) - and I only compare Rimworld to Bannerlord in terms of length of EA period.

Move on?! They will want to be shipping DLC for years yet. We already have hints at an 'Elephant DLC' & a 'Nord DLC'. Be a long time before they move on.
Move on with their main force. Of course they will develope DLCs, the game already sold a good amount and will sell more with it´s release.

But I don´t expect any big DLCs in the future. I mean the Elephant dlc and Nord dlc could easily be made by modders I guess.

They really don't even know when the game will be released themselves, but to them it is always just right around the corner. They don't have internal timetables for completion and when asked to extrapolate we were told, if I remember right, that this goes both for the project as a whole and also on a individual workload level when they hand out work they never say 'we need this done by'. If you think that such a thing would be an insane way to run a project and could not possibly be true, consider we are encroaching 12 years of development.

Those statements were years ago, though, now maybe it has changed, but it does not feel like it. So when they say it is going to be finished by X date that's an answer for the press/public, basically, to just give them an answer, like how when you are on an airplane and there is a bad delay and so they tell you it will be 30 minutes of delay every 30 minutes.

I used the word pathological earlier, and that was done purposely, we're not dealing with a corporation here, Taleworlds doesn't have coporate suits telling them to get it done by X or they'll liquidate their company. The artists run the company and they are perfectionists, for them it will never be done.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if they actually added more content before spending a year fixing bugs that they often introduce with previous patches. If they need to, let them take note from modders and implement the stuff the game is missing. Like the AI learning to surrender "AI Values Life" or faster interface "Fast Dialogue", more sliders "Detailed character creation", being able to send troops to hideouts to save time "Hideout Send troops" "Righteous Executions" less penalties for executing scumbags, "Neated NPC's upgrade equipment" NPC's actually improving along the player and buying new equipment to wear, "true brigands" where bandits have randomized gear, "EvilNoblemans executioner" mod, where NPC's can execute each other on occasion, DiplomacyAI, a mod that gave actual diplomacy, "Fighting together relationship" to gain relationship points when helping in battles other lords, "Control your allies after death" so you don't snooze to sleep after being KO'd in battle, "Yell to inspire" so you can shout inspiringly as you flank your foes, all these and many others, now pointlessly dead mods.

Last edited:
Inaccurate thread title. The game is getting better. Way too slowly for anyone's liking, but it is improving. I'm not worried on that front.
Inaccurate in semantics only - the sentiment is true. that being -the situation we are in 6 months later -is worse as we can see the lack of progression towards a fully fleshed out game experience. They seem to have settled on some mild bugs fixes but have expressed no real desire to flesh out the game Kingdom/Immersion/Scene or Interesting Characters-wise - at all.

Some may be happy but im certainly not and like many others the only real hope is they get all the tools to the majar mod makers out there ASAP before the also lose interest and the game land Dead On Arrival

If you think about it their moto of only working on elements the player will experience is perfectly coherent. Look at multiplayer, almost noone plays it so they let it shrivel and die!

For good reason too, I tried Captain Mode today after 1 year and it is SOMEHOW worse.

If you think about it their moto of only working on elements the player will experience is perfectly coherent. Look at multiplayer, almost noone plays it so they let it shrivel and die!

For good reason too, I tried Captain Mode today after 1 year and it is SOMEHOW worse.
how do they let multiplayer die if they just released the duel mode? XD

Back
Top Bottom