Need More Info The game crashes after update to 1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:I've just finished auto-update to 1.7.0 in Steam, read the solid list of "crush fixes", and.... starting new updated launcher, and pressing new shiny button "PLAY" the game.... CRASHES ! Sad to see it. The product become more raw from patch to patch.
I hope reinstalling will help, but... WTF?????
How to Reproduce: update in steam and get your crash
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Have you tried these workarounds before?

‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds​

If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
  • The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
  • Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
  • If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
  • Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
  • - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    - Click on Virus & threat protection.
    - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
    - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
    - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
  • Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.

The game runs perfect for me and seems better optimised too. But pervious patch the optimisation was not good at all i stopped playing. Had a problem early on going back to 1.5 branch with crashes and it was mods . Even through i had uninstalled them parts of the mods remained in my (my documents) bannerlord folder. I had to uninstall and delete those folders and re-install before the game became more stable.

I've been playing the game on ps4 since launch and it seems like each update makes crashing more fequent. This latest one being the worst. I played the hell outta warband on ps4 and don't recall having any issues at all. I was hoping that with no modding to muddy the waters, that the console version would be essentially bug free, but with Bannerlord, at first it was the "Corrupted save" issue, which seems to have been fixed, but the same crashes are occuring and a few new ones. For awhile most crashes came following battles while taking enemy lords prisoner, but now I'm getting crashes pre-battle too. Crashes are occuring from just arriving at a village or upon trying to speak to a village elder. I'm having them occur when making contact with bandit parties also. I don't want to sound like a complainer because I love this game and just want to see it get better. But I have to be honest about it, no offline console game experience should ever be this buggy, not for 50 bucks anyway. Hopefully the devs get it all straightened out.

On PS4. Game just crashed when I clicked on "Lead an assault" while besieging a town. An error has occurred in the following application (CE-34878-0)

I've been playing the game on ps4 since launch and it seems like each update makes crashing more fequent. This latest one being the worst. I played the hell outta warband on ps4 and don't recall having any issues at all. I was hoping that with no modding to muddy the waters, that the console version would be essentially bug free, but with Bannerlord, at first it was the "Corrupted save" issue, which seems to have been fixed, but the same crashes are occuring and a few new ones. For awhile most crashes came following battles while taking enemy lords prisoner, but now I'm getting crashes pre-battle too. Crashes are occuring from just arriving at a village or upon trying to speak to a village elder. I'm having them occur when making contact with bandit parties also. I don't want to sound like a complainer because I love this game and just want to see it get better. But I have to be honest about it, no offline console game experience should ever be this buggy, not for 50 bucks anyway. Hopefully the devs get it all straightened out.
Same issue. Crashes after sieges when I get asked if I want to let the lords free or not, while in conversation. This also happens when you speak to someone in the city or everywhere. I also noticed that this happens after like 3 hours playing, when crashing it doesn't happen for like 3 hours but then again. It's really annoying

Back
Top Bottom