The future of 1257ad(old)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the day has come, when we finnaly are releasing the next version of 1257ad. It's been almost two year since our last release, so it's about time. The download will be ready in the coming few days - Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Link to the topic: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,245842.0.html

Recently there where some of the copythefts of our work. Just yesterday with the infamouse AlexDragon(who was banned from taleworlds for using hacks in multiplayer) had released a modified 1257ad as his own mod on http://www.moddb.com . Despite that, we still feel that having fans in our development is important and will continue to have open policy for our development version.

Thanks for all your support guys and hopefully releasing a new mod at the start of school(atleast for some of you) will not destroy your future!

tl;dr
subversion will continue as it is.
This will include the new kuauik pack
Those who follows our development version(subversion) can update the mod without re-downloading it

I just found out about this game like a week ago. I Did not even know mount and blade existed; long time medieval 2 player/ modder here. This is a fantastic mod, the best one ever for a medieval history freak! After finding this mod late at night last week, I had to call in sick for work the next day, I could not quit playing and it was 500 am before I knew it. Thanks to all involved with this, it is brilliant!! It may be my favorite game ever, which is saying a lot.

GodHandApostole said:
..If you are going to grab a bear, first off: where? Second, send pictures of the aftermath  :lol:
I really hope he knows how to handle the bear, otherwise the bear'll grab him.

Otherwise: Great news, although I don't dare to ask whether or not kuauik's latest update will be included.

congrats for achieving your goal.

And many thanks for the much fun you bring me with this brilliant mod. Because of your mod M&B become one of my most played games. From Europe intrigues to crusades till Mongol invasion. You have all what I had expected as I heard of this game. And as little extra you have the user friendly download system of tortoise so we as consumers don't have to download every time the whole mod when a new version is out. And you let us try your steps forward...just if we want to try.

So...many thanks for your great work  :smile:

And btw. you are saying AD is beta but I know many games that are not as stable as your "beta"  :wink:

WOW!!!

Buildable Castles? That was what I wanted in Warband, I always wanted to build my own Castle!!! :mrgreen:

THANKS GUYS!!! :mrgreen:

when the download link is released, and when I download and install this beta, I WILL PLAY THIS MOD 24 HOURS PER DAY!!!!! :lol:

Best news I heard (concerning video games) in weeks!!! Great job, and thanks for doing this, I will be one of the first to download it :mrgreen:

Hell ************* Yeah!

Now I got a Problem :sad::

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DOWNLOAD LINK!!!

PLEAZE! Be fast or I die and then I can't give you a present...

And good luck with this AWESOME MOD!!! :mrgreen:

Great work, but could you please get rid of those weird castle scenes used for a lot of the English and other castles. Walls are sandstone while the interior is some sort of whitewashed mudbrick. There are a few castle packs for download, and most mods use them rather than re-invent the wheel.

Great work.

I a little in perplexity from a being created agiotage concerning this news. Therefore I would like to specify pair of moments.
@DrTomas. I so understand simply version 0.97 will be issued. In which will be not than other, as subversion 102. but downloaded by one file?
And further work will proceed in the same direction and the same means, namely by means of open subversions on code.google?
And we can, how earlier in it to participate, that is to help you with work on the project? I do not care to play the mod. :mrgreen:  Me work with this project interests only. In it there will be no changes?
Or I that not so understand that in this news?

Thanks in advance for an explanation :wink:

Hunterwolf said:
I a little in perplexity from a being created agiotage concerning this news. Therefore I would like to specify pair of moments.
@DrTomas. I so understand simply version 0.97 will be issued. In which will be not than other, as subversion 102. but downloaded by one file?
Yes
Hunterwolf said:
And further work will proceed in the same direction and the same means, namely by means of open subversions on code.google?
Yes
Hunterwolf said:
And we can, how earlier in it to participate, that is to help you with work on the project? I do not care to play the mod. :mrgreen:  Me work with this project interests only. In it there will be no changes?
Yes

We are releasing for three things:
1. Getting finally rid of pre0.95 which still haunts me to this day.
2. Getting the mod to bigger audience, getting satisfaction from ruining lifes and there praises from it  :mrgreen:
3. Rip-offs, like these: http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-and-dust would be easier to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom