The forge needs to be slightly improved

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
Two things:
1. Memorizing a recipe.
The forge must "memorize" the last recipe and the next time the player enters the forge, he should see the complete recipe for the weapon that he put up the last time.
Why? I'll explain with a personal example - I like blacksmithing (in all games), I can forge weapons for many hours to make the BEST weapon possible, it brings me pleasure and makes me feel good. As you know, blacksmithing is loved by many players. And it is very frustrating when you create a new weapon (you make the length and size of each element you need - you experiment.), leave the forge, and the recipe gets confused - you have to do it all over again from memory. And this is difficult, because if you are tired (after work), then you are not attentive, and this is annoying.

2. Weapon length.
At now blacksmithing works blindly. You cannot see how long the weapon will be. And this is very bad, because it is the length that is most important, it affects your playing battle style. Just add the item "length" of the weapon to the result menu - it will make blacksmithing clear and convenient to everyone.

because now the smithy is a blind and forgetful cripple
so pls just add a button "save last recipe and element sizes", also add weapon length to result table

P.S. please do not write to me that "the smithy is printing money" or that "the smithy is bad because you cannot make armor" - we have what we have, I just propose to make the smithy more convenient and usability.

Last edited:
You can use ctrl+c to copy recipes and ctrl+v to paste them currently. It's not as good as a memorization system though, certainly. Would be nice to save 5-10 recipes.

I thought weapon reach was effectively length?

You can use ctrl+c to copy recipes and ctrl+v to paste them currently. It's not as good as a memorization system though, certainly. Would be nice to save 5-10 recipes.

i.e? can I save-load and remember in the system which elements of the weapon I have set and their size?
if so, it is not obvious

I thought weapon reach was effectively length?

no, only the elements and their size affect the length of the weapon (I experimented for a long time, and the video shows the longest two-handed sword in the game from possible, 146 cm)

This would be a nice feature, especially for swords etc that require a more complex set of parts. There's probably more important things to implement first, but this would definitely be a nice qol improvement.

Or you know, deleted and replaced with a NPC to smith me gear and parts that drop in battle or taken from gear. I'd like that bunches.
And this is a discussion board, not suggestion or bug reports, so if anyone feel like get'n snippy with me for saying so, too bad.

It persists through save and load - but not through exiting the game.

And yeah, I only found out from a comment online, not obvious in game at all.
I haven't tried but I'd guess you can paste it to notepad or what not. It works for character sliders.

Or you know, deleted and replaced with a NPC to smith me gear and parts that drop in battle or taken from gear. I'd like that bunches.
And this is a discussion board, not suggestion or bug reports, so if anyone feel like get'n snippy with me for saying so, too bad.
While I agree with you wholeheartedly I think that ship is sailed a long time ago. When they decided to have smithing perks there was no way TW would ever change it.

The thing I'd personally add to smithing changes; have the part you learn be something similar to what you just took apart or made. If I smelt a bunch of weapons I should be learning about parts that can be used on similar types of weapons. I mean why am I discovering dagger parts after smelting a mace? It doesn't even have to be the exact thing I've smelted or crafted, maybe my character looked at the item and thought of a way to improve it, but it should be something close.

I would add they need to add the hold shift click to do 5 from the party and inventory menus as options in refining/smelting. As the amount of clicks to do simple mass refining or smelting is excessive.

Removing redundant recipes really needs to be done as well as it's just clutters and completely unnecessary to see 2 wood for 1 charcoal, when the better recipe is still 2 wood input... and gives 3....

I would also remove all the excess crude iron ores from refining high tier metals to make it less of a money printer that everyone complains about as I cant seem to Smith enough not to have 1000s of crude.

That way new weapons from enemy parties are giving you an input and you dont getover run with weight from making fine steel. Plus it just seems a bit ridiculous that there isn't a lose of inputs other than charcoal.

It would pump the perk for iron ore as well as it would be more useful as right now I have never picked that perk as charcoal is the only input that matters.

Back
Top Bottom