The Final Release Date

What do you think?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

They're suspiciously silent about this, well actually they're silent about everything. But what happened to the gang mechanics they showed 4 years ago ? No one had time to fix that in 4 years?
The same as with the upgradable workshops / villages, playing as a bandit, placing troops before battle, banners or last but not least the battle troop slider:

7-format2020.jpg

I know they´re still claiming to add the banners *since EA release* so I only believe it when they´re in the game...

It won't be released in March, pretty sure of that. I played for a while back at release then left for a few months. There have been a lot of improvements in that time but the core game is still the same. They need to fix / create the following before a release:

1. Diplomacy - a lot more variety needed than just being at war or at peace i.e. alliances, trade deals, arranged marriages etc...
2. Economy - need to stop yo-yo ing from poverty to billionaire and find a balance, workshops, smithing, loot, caravans, trade - lots to do here
3. AI - loads of work needed on both on the campaign map with faction leaders, nobles and companions. Also in the battle map (though that is better)
4. Sieges - ties into AI but it's a real mess, trying to order troops to do anything is pointless.
5. Bug fixing and tidying up the game - this does seem to be something TW are actively doing as they go.
6. Castles - a personal wish more than a need but Castles need to have a proper function in the game, right now they are rather useless other than donating prisoners for influence. Scaled down market place, recruiting of different troops types, regional patrols / security...give them some function.

I think another year at least or more before this game will be ready for launch.

The same as with the upgradable workshops / villages, playing as a bandit, placing troops before battle, banners or last but not least the battle troop slider:

7-format2020.jpg

I know they´re still claiming to add the banners *since EA release* so I only believe it when they´re in the game...
I am also waiting to see when we'll be able to tell our clan's parties to stop raiding on the opposite side of the map or to patrol around our own fiefs

I am also waiting to see when we'll be able to tell our clan's parties to stop raiding on the opposite side of the map or to patrol around our own fiefs
that was refused, it's too complicated so they decided for a stance system where you can chose between 3 stances and that's it, no finer control :roll:

that was refused, it's too complicated so they decided for a stance system where you can chose between 3 stances and that's it, no finer control :roll:
Too many things seem to be too complicated unfortunately, including the perks that have been finally implemented (have they all? Haven't played in a while), but most of them seem to be underwhelming at best.

Now I understand that it's not easy to make them interesting and balanced at the same time, but that's what makes the difference between a good game and a mediocre one: if the devs manage to implement things that are hard to implement.

You can always go for the quantity over quality route, but I am not a fan of that and it's full of those, not many of the good ones unfortunately.
I guess this is another example of a project that was too ambitious for its dev, a shame it took them so long to realise it, pretty much until the game was sold in EA.

like i wrote a week ago , its seems that the banners are already in game like many features but are hidden look this video for proof
others links for proof

Last edited:
I think they are close to were they thought they would be, as of August and November Callum said he thought they were still on track for their timetable. He did say they would push back if needed but they seem to be going faster than they were in November.

"While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product."

Take from that what you will, but I think we are still on track and can stand by this statement. If it takes longer than a year, it takes longer, and ultimately, the game will be ready when it is ready. But you shouldn't for one moment think that we will just be fixing bugs and then call it a day when some self-imposed timer is up.

Mabons said:
Out of interest, is the original plan(roughly 1 year in EA) still within sight or can we expect this to be a bit longer, or even on indefinite hold. Considering that the next time Bannerlord will receive a massive influx of players is on full release, it could be critical that the game is in an agreeable state then. (Before you hit me with the “game will be supported even after release” :razz:)

I think the aim is still to meet that target, or thereabouts. But of course, we will delay the full release if the game isn't ready at that point.

Like the majority of players right now, I feel that major work is going to be needed before a release.

I would say 2-3 years is more realistic, maybe even longer.

I think Bannerlord is so far from a full release. Development is very slow and the game misses many features and fixes that it needs to be truly enjoyable for most of players.

There does seem to be a consensus here - each patch does bring some improvements, but also bugs and some ongoing issues need to be resolved (ex: siege AI and armor being too weak).

Banners themselves, the main quest, and other content seems to be incomplete too.

I think they could do it if they wanted to but I think they aren't focused enough to do it.

See in my opinion, 95% of the balancing issues and feature additions will be taken care of by mods, at least as soon as the game releases into a stable, finalized format where there won't be but a few patches a year. The only thing holding back the modders is the number of patches and the fact they haven't released the full suite of modding tools yet.

So fix the framework, correct the bugs like the siege tower issue and a few others, release the modding tools and they are done. The rest will correct itself.

Back
Top Bottom