The Final Release Date

What do you think?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

TaleWorlds time is basically a modified Valve time, so for every promise (in this case, the really vague 1 year EA one) add +5-10 years of development at best, that will result in said feature either being:

a) Scrapped (upgrading villages to castles)
b) Hell with a tons of bugs (siege AI)
c) Barely existing with no actual meaningful gameplay (gangs and criminal systems)
d) Half-baked. 3/4 baked (skills)
e) Actually implemented with maybe a few bugs, maybe not. (combat, I guess)

Callum literally said "We were and are never good at giving dates" in a stream so them saying we will release it after 1 year means nothing
They didn't even say they will release the game after 1 year:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”

But people already act like they announced a March 2021 release.

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”

The text literally says "we expect the game will be in early access for around a year.".

Yeah I know it's not a concrete evidence that it is March and it only applies to the EA label, but still. Most EA games either get out of that period within 1-3 years or never, plus the end of the EA usually means the final version is in works or end itself is the full release: I don't know a single expection to this rule. I expect the Bannerlord to be the latter category.

The text literally says "we expect the game will be in early access for around a year.".

Yeah I know it's not a concrete evidence that it is March and it only applies to the EA label, but still. Most EA games either get out of that period within 1-3 years or never, plus the end of the EA usually means the final version is in works or end itself is the full release: I don't know a single expection to this rule. I expect the Bannerlord to be the latter category.
They also said they don't want to impose a deadline.

yes

I think two years to fix what they have and two years to finish the rest should be expected. However, at this rate I don't believe it will ever be a polished game. We are more likely to see a Mount and Blade: Bannerlord II after a series of DLC. Why not ride this crippled cash cow into a second sequel?

It probably won't matter. Even after the game releases its 1.0 version, the development will continue; core/moderate fans already bought it, there won't be another huge sale at release; there will not be significant content updates at release neither.

So according to the store on Steam.

So here we are in mid-January with no release date, no completed main story, and a plethora of missing content that was showcased in the demo that we haven't even heard about anymore (Diplomacy, Gangs, Actual late-game goals).

I just want to know what other people think about this actually being released in a year which is fast approaching in March. I'm guessing that the game either doesn't fully release until Dec or 2022

My bet is still March 2022 - two years Early Access.
Devs said they made so much money to support the game for years.
Also expecting some DLC will come after leaving EA.

I vaguely remember someone saying that it was supposed to be a 10 month EA cycle. So I expect full release within 2 weeks
Yeah I somewhat agree with this however I think they will still need few months to optimise the game. I don't think any new content is on the table at this point though. What remains is optimisation for console and last minute bug hunting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom