The ever-present marriage issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone!
I'm currently on my 72nd hour of gameplay, on my second campaign. I had to abandon the first 30ish hours run because of the infamous 10 year limit on the main quest (yey). Now I'm having another campaign threatening problem: I can't seem to marry.

My character is 42 by now, and I have just managed to conquer 2 cities and a couple of castles. I have hundreds of thousands of gold, a 300 men strong tier 4-6 army, and so on and so forth, you get the point. Needless to say, I'm not keen on having to restart the whole thing AGAIN. For the last couple of hours I've been running along the map talking to each and every noblewoman I could find, since marrying my long-standing companion, who legitimately rocks in Steward and Medicine, is apparently not possible.

From what I could gather, there is an age limit of 35 on marriage, though I'm not sure if it's on both sides since I've heard both opinions. That seems highly inconvenient since by 35 you don't really have much going on for you, or at least I didn't. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Past the age of 35, it's impossible to marry? I really don't want to start the game again.What are the consequences of not marrying and eventually dying of old age? Do I get to play as one of my companions or something?

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

LE I am playing the game on GeForce Now so the console fix I've seen elsewhere isn't unfortunately available to me :sad: I guess I'll just have to wait for a fix before my character gets to the age of 80.

Hello everyone!
I'm currently on my 72nd hour of gameplay, on my second campaign. I had to abandon the first 30ish hours run because of the infamous 10 year limit on the main quest (yey). Now I'm having another campaign threatening problem: I can't seem to marry.

My character is 42 by now, and I have just managed to conquer 2 cities and a couple of castles. I have hundreds of thousands of gold, a 300 men strong tier 4-6 army, and so on and so forth, you get the point. Needless to say, I'm not keen on having to restart the whole thing AGAIN. For the last couple of hours I've been running along the map talking to each and every noblewoman I could find, since marrying my long-standing companion, who legitimately rocks in Steward and Medicine, is apparently not possible.

From what I could gather, there is an age limit of 35 on marriage, though I'm not sure if it's on both sides since I've heard both opinions. That seems highly inconvenient since by 35 you don't really have much going on for you, or at least I didn't. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Past the age of 35, it's impossible to marry? I really don't want to start the game again.What are the consequences of not marrying and eventually dying of old age? Do I get to play as one of my companions or something?

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

LE I am playing the game on GeForce Now so the console fix I've seen elsewhere isn't unfortunately available to me :sad: I guess I'll just have to wait for a fix before my character gets to the age of 80.

If you send me your save I'll change your character's age. Or, I guess you can't do that since GeForce Now doesn't allow you access to the game's filesystem...

I can confirm that over age 35 you are prevented from marrying. The only fix I found was the dev console where it is easy to change your gae (or your prospective spouse's). I agree that the age is set to low especially for the player. However at this stage not much worthwhile goes on with in game your children so you aren't missing much.

Hope TW does something to fix that in the long run.

How about installing Detailed Character Creation like somadby on other post says, cann theat mod fix the age problem, and is it working on beta 1.3

I would love to resolve the problem, so eny info is welcome. Thx

S!

How about installing Detailed Character Creation like somadby on other post says, cann theat mod fix the age problem, and is it working on beta 1.3

I would love to resolve the problem, so eny info is welcome. Thx

S!

Although we shouldn't have to mod to fix, this mod does fix this. Added bonus of being able to start your character at any age. I prefer to begin my playthroughs at 22-24.

Thx for replay. Went on page and read about the mod , problems instaling and running the mod. I use vortex, but it need fixed louncher, and mod lib wich is not updated and not working on beta.

Damn looks like there in no easy fix for it, and didnt know about age problem for marriage until no women talking with me about it.

Well i hope sombady will make a mod soly for it and not to affect sva games.

S!.

Get married early. There's no real requirements so you can do as as a rank 1 clan (maybe even 0?) just do the dialogue checks and pay their parent, it's usually 3.5k for me but might be more if you're very rich.

Yes , but i didnt do it on time. didnt know about time frame, and made a progres in game so, starting a new game for a women is paine.

I just hope there will be a mod to fix it.

I do hope that if TW really forces us to keep characters deaths that they change to starting age from 30 to 20 or 21 that way you're not forced to rush through the game just to get married and have kids. Or least lower it to say 25, that gives players a bit of wiggle room. Imo there's nothing worse than feeling hurried in a sandbox.

Hello everyone! Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I have found some sort of fix for those who, like myself, play on GeForce Now. What I've done is, since I have an older Asus ROG at home (2015ish), is I installed the game on the older laptop, even though it could barely open it. I downloaded the console mode, low-ed everything in settings so I could enter the game, changed my in-game age with the command, saved and exited. I suppose it could work on a lot of other PCs or laptops, the game doesn't even have to be playable. You just need to load the campaign map, open the console, enter the command, and done.

On re-entering the game via GeForceNow, you obviously won't have the console still available, but the age is fine now. I know this is not a solution in and of itself and is rather troublesome, but for me, it worked in the sense that I don't have to replay 40ish hours. Better to lose 50 mins than 40h, I guess.

On the other hand, my characters seem to be extremely active, I already have 5 children, lol.

Last edited:
Thx for replay. Went on page and read about the mod , problems instaling and running the mod. I use vortex, but it need fixed louncher, and mod lib wich is not updated and not working on beta.

Damn looks like there in no easy fix for it, and didnt know about age problem for marriage until no women talking with me about it.

Well i hope sombady will make a mod soly for it and not to affect sva games.

S!.

ModLib is compatible with beta, it won't crash the game. I have it on my load order. Double check to see if the author put out a beta specific fix.
I used fixed launcher & the mod runs fine. I personally find Vortex is just a hassle and its easier to manage things manually.

ModLib is compatible with beta, it won't crash the game. I have it on my load order. Double check to see if the author put out a beta specific fix.
I used fixed launcher & the mod runs fine. I personally find Vortex is just a hassle and its easier to manage things manually.

I instaled the mod with vortex (personalz i find it easyera to use) and it is working, and working without ModLib.

Thx for replay and advice.

S!

Back
Top Bottom