Do you also want your court back?

• Agree

Votes: 79 95.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

"coder black sorcery" = "knowing what to google" :razz:

my entire job relies on me being the guy that knows what to google in order to find a post from the 3 guys on stack overflow who actually know how Java works
That works great for non-obscure systems with documentation and large number of users. As you get further from that comfort zone, it gets less crowded and lonely, until you are at the bleeding edge of obscure tech - like modding systems.

Agree with everything said here. Many have been saying for a while there needs to be more to do. I love the gameplay loop, but over time it gets stale and need something to break up the monotony and make it feel more like a living world.

That works great for non-obscure systems with documentation and large number of users. As you get further from that comfort zone, it gets less crowded and lonely, until you are at the bleeding edge of obscure tech - like modding systems.
yeah that's true but i couldn't pass up the opportunity to make the most overused joke in programming :razz:

Warband had these immersive systems even if they were a bit barebones, bannerlord scrapped anything they couldn't fit into boring menus because the devs seem to think immersion doesn't matter and all we need is flashy Hollywood fights that last 2 minutes with everyone wielding lightsabers because armor doesn't matter at all

Anyone voting no to these sorts of content related posts are either completely deranged about the state of the game or incredibly skilled trolls. At least there's only four of them. :lol:

Even if they did not add a scene, I could see a new dropdown menu or tab added into the Clan or Kingdom menus when you are the ruler of a Kingdom and you can assign roles similar to the in-party roles. What I would like is if I am ruling a Kingdom, you can appoint those positions from the Diplomacy mod and have any Governor bonuses applied to the whole Kingdom or at least unlock some special Policies with these.

It would be great if I could have my one over-powered Governor have their bonuses apply to the entire kingdom, even if it was reduced by 50% - things like +20% Propserity, Hearth Growth Rate, +5/10 Loyalty & Security and decreased Garrison wages for an entire over-extended kingdom would make the late-game much less grindy.

Hell they don't even need a special scene, just spawn in my 3 companions/family members I appoint and have the player character sitting on the Throne for it if you didn't want to use the menu. I think lack of a Court is just one factor of a larger body of issues regarding Kingdom management meta-game. Outside of yoinking towns for yourself and putting kids up as Governors and building a few things, there is not much to it besides constant warfare.

Even if they did not add a scene, I could see a new dropdown menu or tab added into the Clan or Kingdom menus when you are the ruler of a Kingdom and you can assign roles similar to the in-party roles. What I would like is if I am ruling a Kingdom, you can appoint those positions from the Diplomacy mod and have any Governor bonuses applied to the whole Kingdom or at least unlock some special Policies with these.

It would be great if I could have my one over-powered Governor have their bonuses apply to the entire kingdom, even if it was reduced by 50% - things like +20% Propserity, Hearth Growth Rate, +5/10 Loyalty & Security and decreased Garrison wages for an entire over-extended kingdom would make the late-game much less grindy.

Hell they don't even need a special scene, just spawn in my 3 companions/family members I appoint and have the player character sitting on the Throne for it if you didn't want to use the menu. I think lack of a Court is just one factor of a larger body of issues regarding Kingdom management meta-game. Outside of yoinking towns for yourself and putting kids up as Governors and building a few things, there is not much to it besides constant warfare.
It would be cool if these roles could be granted to vassal clan leaders for a boost on relationship with other clan leaders getting pissed they didn't get the position kinda like the powerful vassals demanding positions on the council from crusader kings.

Bannerlord severely lacks internal politicking, the game is basically a brainless map painter since your vassals doesn't matter and have no personality or personal goals at all.

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds hey guys any idea if something like this in the works or planned at some point?

The community has been hammering in that being a king is lacking, I concur, so it be nice to know if you guys had discussed and thought of how to improve the king experience. The recent ability to suggest aggressive/defensive behavior is great but I think something like a court would be huge.

The community has been hammering in that being a king is lacking, I concur, so it be nice to know if you guys had discussed and thought of how to improve the king experience. The recent ability to suggest aggressive/defensive behavior is great but I think something like a court would be huge.
Maybe they could give us the kingly experience with a Battle Royale mode.

It would be cool if these roles could be granted to vassal clan leaders for a boost on relationship with other clan leaders getting pissed they didn't get the position kinda like the powerful vassals demanding positions on the council from crusader kings.

Bannerlord severely lacks internal politicking, the game is basically a brainless map painter since your vassals doesn't matter and have no personality or personal goals at all.
That would also be cool, right now Clans are just used to provide manpower (and you cannot even tell how much they provide with all of their parties, etc.) and they get mad when you vote against them for war/peace/fiefs....and that's it. I feel I have more agency as a high-tier vassal than as a ruler which is sad.

I like all of your suggestions, even though the original thought was really basic. My wish was to make the lords hall scene useful in the most lowkey kind of way For example you go to your constable and ask him for a report, and he says for example "the citizens of husn fulq complain about the towns security/prosperity" or like "the headman of X village complains his villagers are killed"

But seeing these ones, they do sound very good

I like all of your suggestions, even though the original thought was really basic. My wish was to make the lords hall scene useful in the most lowkey kind of way For example you go to your constable and ask him for a report, and he says for example "the citizens of husn fulq complain about the towns security/prosperity" or like "the headman of X village complains his villagers are killed"

But seeing these ones, they do sound very good
That's very similar to how you can ask your governor about the state of your town. Seems like something they might actually do if nothing else.

That's very similar to how you can ask your governor about the state of your town. Seems like something they might actually do if nothing else.
Right, if you have your court in Charas for example, but also own Galend and Sargot in which you have governors, your court minister might tell you what they and the village headmen need or complain about, or at the very list very mechanically say their status. But keep the option that you can ask the governors themselves if youre in town. It would also be fun if you could initiate policy votes through your court minister, but maybe keep the vote itself as it currently is since nobles are in the field or on their estates (so just the initiation change)

My main goal here is to make ruling more peace-timeish, but also to introduce back the RP element of avoiding the over-utilisation of the menus. This is not Crusader Kings or Total War. Ruling in person was one of the biggest points in WB, not over the "kingdom screen"

Right, if you have your court in Charas for example, but also own Galend and Sargot in which you have governors, your court minister might tell you what they and the village headmen need or complain about, or at the very list very mechanically say their status. But keep the option that you can ask the governors themselves if youre in town. It would also be fun if you could initiate policy votes through your court minister, but maybe keep the vote itself as it currently is since nobles are in the field or on their estates (so just the initiation change)

My main goal here is to make ruling more peace-timeish, but also to introduce back the RP element of avoiding the over-utilisation of the menus. This is not Crusader Kings or Total War. Ruling in person was one of the biggest points in WB, not over the "kingdom screen"
They turned everything into a menu, it is not what I expected.

Back
Top Bottom