The Enniskilling Regiment of Foote

Users who are viewing this thread

The Enniskilling Regiment of Foote

raising_of_the_regiment.jpg

Hello and welcome to our forum thread!
We fight for the highest bidder and don't ask questions!

We are a company of mercenaries for The Deluge mod, we have experience together in North and South and NW but are open to new players (ofc!) You will start your time as a man of the Pike-block , you will then have the opportunity further down the line to become a hand-picked Musketeer, a block of the best sharpshooters in the company. We will have weekly linebattles and our NW server transferred over too The Deluge regularly. We will mainly play as the Northern European nations.​

History
The 27th Enniskilling Regiment of Foote was raised as local militia at Enniskillen by Colonel Zachariah Tiffin in June 1689, to fight against James II in the Williamite war in Ireland. They served successfully, most notably at the Battle of Newtownbutler, and their performance gained them a place on the English establishment in 1690 as a regular infantry regiment, as such they then fought at the Battle of the Boyne.​

Tags:

Enns_Rank_Name

Character:

We will be Europeans.

Banner:

The banner of our steam group; 1st page, bottom left
MKwo8dc.jpg

Ranks:

Captain - Cpt
Lieutenant - Lt
Ensign - Ens
Serjeant - Sjt
Corporal - Cpl
Musketeer - Msk
Pikeman - Pkm​

Roster:
Captain Sharpe
Lieutenant Matt
Ensign Dagon

Serjeant Diddles
Serjeant Pol Pot

Corporal Austin
Corporal TBaggus

Musketeer Fish
Musketeer Arion
Musketeer Hjc
Musketeer Thor
Musketeer Tokkiio
Musketeer RangerRex
Musketeer Smexy

Pikeman Jay
Pikeman Flames
Pikeman WItcher
Pikeman Alester
Pikeman Hawkins
Pikeman Tea
Pikeman sHadow

Rules:
Pretty standard and obvious rules.
-Follow orders
-Don't teamkill
-Follow chain of command
-Don't troll
-Don't insult other members​

Application:
Steam Name:
Experience:
Have you read and accepted the rules?:
Can you be active?:​

Captain Sharpe's Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrotherPadre/
Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EnnsRoF​

Thank you for your time reading this and I hope to see you in our ranks or on the battlefield some day!

Leifr Eiríksson said:
I'm not entirely sure what such a regiment would be doing in Eastern Europe but oh well, can't win 'em all, eh?  :facepalm:

I know, I know... but... but Irish.
:grin:

I'm sorry if slight historical inaccuracy offends you but after all this is just a game, not a documentary but there are plenty of other British regiments (why you no butt-hurt on them?) and honestly we are here to have fun and help populate the mod. So if it isn't too much to ask put aside your petty argument and remember it's just a game, hell, it's not even that! It's a mod!

Kind regards

All meant in the nicest possible manor

No worries pal, I'm not here to enforce things (although I do have a habit of being overly aggressive with 'polite' suggestion).
There actually aren't any other British regiments in this module. If you take a look through the list, you'll find a grand total of one active Western European group - the Lucky Dogs and we sure as **** ain't trying to emulate a historical regiment.

You do yourself, and the module, a disservice by simply pretending to be a historical regiment that had absolutely no bearing upon the Deluge conflict.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
If you take a look through the list, you'll find a grand total of one active Western European group - the Lucky Dogs and we sure as **** ain't trying to emulate a historical regiment.
Oi! The Crimean Host exists aswell!  :lol:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
No worries pal, I'm not here to enforce things (although I do have a habit of being overly aggressive with 'polite' suggestion).
There actually aren't any other British regiments in this module. If you take a look through the list, you'll find a grand total of one active Western European group - the Lucky Dogs and we sure as **** ain't trying to emulate a historical regiment.

You do yourself, and the module, a disservice by simply pretending to be a historical regiment that had absolutely no bearing upon the Deluge conflict.

A disservice? wow.

I do understand it's hard to bring what you actually mean across when typing on a forum page but actually if YOU look through the forums there are quite a few British regiments, I'm not sure how active they are but none the less the make your point about that mute.

I again point out that we are here to have fun, we don't too much for precise historical inaccuracy. Most of our members didn't want to be Eastern European or German/Swedish so we settled on the Enniskillings. The only historical part we use about them is a little background on the 27th Enniskillings of 1689. We however are just the Enniskillings, we could be Irish Mercenaries, or Aliens from space!  :wink: Just dont worry about it, people aren't gonna stop playing because we chose this name. The devs aren't gonna stop working on the mod. The events aren't gonna stop.

Just don't worry about it buddy, fit whatever you want us to be in your head that would make it as historical as you like and forget about it.

Again, kind regards.

Sorry pal; I'll happily reconsider the statement when you, and the Blewcoats, have stuck it out actively for a few months. I've been with the Deluge since the get-go, folk come and go but one group.  :wink:

So far as English-speaking units go, we do plod on...

What would be more in keeping with the time period of the Deluge, if you wanted to retain the Irish angle, would be to look at creating something off of the back of Montrose Irish Brigade or the defeated Confederate Irish States. Plenty of cause for Irish exiles to band together to fight on in another country, fleeing the repression of the Catholic Irish & Catholic Scots in Ireland by Cromwell & the New Model Army.

rapier17 said:
So far as English-speaking units go, we do plod on...

What would be more in keeping with the time period of the Deluge, if you wanted to retain the Irish angle, would be to look at creating something off of the back of Montrose Irish Brigade or the defeated Confederate Irish States. Plenty of cause for Irish exiles to band together to fight on in another country, fleeing the repression of the Catholic Irish & Catholic Scots in Ireland by Cromwell & the New Model Army.

Look, I have nothing against you or Eiríksson and I understand that you want historical authenticity. But we, the Enns, have settled on this name and don't plan on changing it. The only historical part I put in was some background on the 27th Enniskillings but we are just the Enniskillings, a band of mercenaries from Ireland fighting for the highest bidder. I'm sorry it seems we got off too a bad start but I look forward to our first event together, with the Lucky Dogs, and may it lead to many more events and a growth in the whole Deluge community.

You can do exactly as you wish, I just like to throw historical examples out there in case it makes something click in a person's mind, for reasons that I won't preach as this is not the place & I don't think you would appreciate it (quite rightly, this is your clan thread not the place for me to wax lyrical on my philosophies).

Good luck to you and we'll see you on the field.

Back
Top Bottom