The Enemy Expatriation Act

Users who are viewing this thread

From reading the comments, I'm not the only one feeling some unbridled rage towards Dent and the rest of our government. I swear, I feel like I'm at the point where if someone were to knock on my door and offer me a rifle and a revolution I'd follow them.

BattleOfValmy said:
I don't want to live in this country anymore.

I do dislike this sentiment. You dislike how things are going? Its your government, change it. Gather an army and make a citizen's arrest on the entirety of Congress. Seeing as only 11% of Americans support Congress, I don't think many people would stop you.  :lol:

*EDIT*

Haha, what a wonderful ninja, bravo.

See my post above yours :>

Also, I may just be feeling that way because I'm listening to Sabaton.

Hmph...

I think the environment is getting close to the point where it could be exploited for revolution. I wont be throwing in my dice quite yet, though.

Define "supporting." Vocal support measures up to nothing. Actively assisting hostilities against the United States with money, intelligence, goods, etc. as a United States citizen is basically treason. If you're committing treason, I think being stripped of citizenship and deported is a pretty humane outcome after getting caught.

Orion said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Orion said:
Define "supporting." Vocal support measures up to nothing.

Let me rephrase, supporting was indeed the wrong word. 'Approve' would be the better one.

Not you. I meant the OP. :razz:

The point the OP and the linked article is making is that "supporting terrorism" could be defined as nearly anything from making bombs for terrorists to merely exercising your First Amendment rights to say whatever you want about a terrorist attack. That's why it's such a stupid piece of legislation.

Alex Jones, of Infowars, writes:

The Enemy Expatriation Act (H.R. 3166; S. 169:cool:...is similar to the Nazi Factions Nuremberg laws where Adolf Hitler took away Germans citizenship based on race, blood types, and those against the Hitler regime.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/317977#ixzz1kA8kGyRy

Oh for the love of Hitler, enough with the comparisons.

Purposefully, and materially. support.

Not:

Purposefully, or materially support.

You have to material support these guys and know that you are doing so to fall under this act.

Edit: Stupid commas.

In any case, doesn't the US already have rules on how to treat people who commit treason? How much worse would their treatment be if they have their US citizenship stripped?

BattleOfValmy said:
From reading the comments, I'm not the only one feeling some unbridled rage towards Dent and the rest of our government. I swear, I feel like I'm at the point where if someone were to knock on my door and offer me a rifle and a revolution I'd follow them.

Might be time for one :/ I think that the majority of Congress has dropped duty from leading the nation, to switching to the road labelled "We're procrastinating."

Swadius said:
...How much worse would their treatment be if they have their US citizenship stripped?
I guess it would mean that the US could do anything they wanted to that person. Who knows how horrific they could treat someone with today's technology.

Back
Top Bottom