The Drunks' Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Alcohol has led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost each year in the United States from 2006 to 2010.

More resources for the rest of us.

Whilst that statistic is probably true, without alcohol far fewer people would have sex. Therefore far fewer children would get born. So I would wager that the net change in terms of living human beings from a purely numerical perspective is in fact positive.

Plus, it feels good yo.

Drank this one over the last two weeks. Reminded me of the Vida, but with a little less bite - I think I'd prefer the Vida if I had to choose.

mezcalunion_2.jpg

Running out of options at the store near me. There are still a few others left that I haven't tried, but I might need to take a trip to a mezcaleria in the near future.  :eek:

Also thinking about getting a Glencairn glass - used one for the first time with some whiskey the other day and it was a remarkable improvement in taste and aroma, so I figure it might work for mezcal too!

Long ****ing week at work, my uni course  is incredibly stressful... so today a few course mates and I went to our work places roof (one of them had a key from the janitors) grabbed a load of drinks and sat down to watch the sun go down. Had a laugh and a good chat. Exactly what I needed!

All I'm saying is, thank god for whiskey. Gets me through those **** days...
Edit: Also, I almost got fired once for drinking on the roof of our building with the owner of the building. Apparently that's an ABC violation...

I’m not condoning drinking under stress but bloody hell it does relax you.

I’m currently at a friends house by the seaside playing PlayStation and having beers...

Hahaha Rocco did they know who you were drinking with? Would be funny seeing their reaction,

Yeah, one of my bosses kept asking me who told me to go up there and I was like "I'm not talking lol" (I was buzzing a bit), then when the owner came down the boss was like "Hey sorry, but still you can't do that".  :lol:

Beny said:
Our office has a free bar in the canteen every month, so somewhat of a different approach to alcohol :lol:

We've got free beer on tap every day. The wine and liquor's usually reserved for parties, although I think that's more of an unspoken norm, rather than a rigorously followed rule.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom