The Division - Upcoming Game

Users who are viewing this thread

I always prefered Rogue Spear as my #1 Tom Clancy game. Absolutely cracking game.

The Division is pretty good. It is arcadey as hell (dumping 63x5.56mm bullets into a 'heavy' might only dent his armour slightly, and people survive multiple headshots from large calibre marksmen rifles), but it is enjoyable, the atmospherics are great. Story is 'meh'-ish, pretty straight forward, and the sticky cover system can be fecking horrible at times. But its customisation, extensive wardrobe, variety of weapons and their behaviours, tactical use of 'weak-points' on certain opponents, and adequeate AI, helps to make it a pretty good game. It's good. Not great, but good.

Wait for a free weekend on Steam - it is what I did and I had a thoroughly good time, so much so I brought it in the Steam Christmas sale.

Division is the superior game in pretty much every way except a few select areas: gear customization and openness. The setting of a quarantined city obviously limits the openness a bit compared to a south american countryside, but every single mechanic felt more 'complete' than Ghost Recon: Wildlands, where every single feature felt rushed or incomplete or sloppy at best.

Austupaio said:
The main game doesn't look interesting at all, but the short-form survival mode looked like fun.
Can confirm, short-form survival mode is fun. Comes in PvE and PvP flavors, too, which is the tits because the game's PvP has always been severely lacking in my opinion. The latest DLC came out a week ago and while being mostly PvP-focused (focusing on a new match-making team vs. team mode) it did ship with another end-game PvE dungeon and some updates to little PvE things like the rewards you get for helping random civvies on the street now being scaled properly.

The game isn't dead, though it isn't the world's most popular title either. If you want to compare it to another game, the closest mainstream title in most aspects would be Borderlands. Randomized loot, loosely role-based builds, and a combat pace more akin to RPGs than FPS (i.e. many enemies have lots of health and will take some focused fire to bring down). Just imagine Borderlands as a cover-based third-person shooter with a gritty realism art style and you pretty much have the Division.

Sadly, though, Borderlands still manages a better story and more interesting characters by a mile. :roll:

New patch out.
Game been resurected but for how long?
That the issue with online only games, when there no more players, they close the servers and no one can play anymore.

Back
Top Bottom