The dialogues&interactions with NPC's

Users who are viewing this thread

Recently having a blast with SP as I have installed Banner Kings and RBM, but one thing that really bothers me is the limited dialogues/interactions with NPC's. It feels so shallow, lacks complexity and therefore affects the overall lore and feel of the game.

The dialogues are already text based, so how hard could it actually be to make them more interesting, deep, varied and of real value in game world? I just cannot wrap my head around it. Not sure if they neglect this issue, or maybe they are not aware of this and how much it effects the overall feel of the campaign. I've looked at mods that can help me with this, but no luck.

Even some simple AND necessary additions would make a whole lot difference in my opinion. For example;

Why can't we, at least, ask lords where they are going, what they are doing or ask them to follow us or let them know that there is an enemy army marching towards X city/castle etc.

So I just decided to post here to see if there is anything that I am missing.

Best of luck, TW.

Somebody(s) felt the "suggest a course of action" and such in warband was just too much power for the player so instead they went with the design choice of "****ING NOTHING". Yeah, everyone wants this stuff but if they add anything it will likely be the least important, least useful things. TW always resorts to "we're not remaking warband..." but I really think if you're removing any function (I mean not adding them) you need to add an equal replacement. You can't just have less and less and less in the game and expect it to be considered a worthy sequel.

Somebody(s) felt the "suggest a course of action" and such in warband was just too much power for the player so instead they went with the design choice of "****ING NOTHING". Yeah, everyone wants this stuff but if they add anything it will likely be the least important, least useful things. TW always resorts to "we're not remaking warband..." but I really think if you're removing any function (I mean not adding them) you need to add an equal replacement. You can't just have less and less and less in the game and expect it to be considered a worthy sequel.
It’s so obvious a feature continuation it just boggles the mind that they left it out. And then act flippantly about it when asked “ that was then, this is now…” - non answer

It really keeps me awake at night, damn. Just hire me, and I feel like I can make dialogues and lore much more interesting&deep overnight. Why do they just neglect this? How hard can it actually be...

Back
Top Bottom