The devs say workshops are working as intended in 1.4.3. Hera are some numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

PCDug

Recruit
I started a game, grinded 16K and saved the game. After that I went in various cities to buy workshops to test them out. All workshops were bought in cities that had local sources of goods for productions and the chosen workshops were the only ones of their kind in the city ( so no 2 oilpresses in one city for example). After that i let them run for 15 days and recorded the results and where pertinent the prices of related goods in the city. Letting workshops tun for more then 15 days did not produce increases in income.

Pravend Tannery - 2 hog villages. Day 1 income: 30 Day 15 income: 0. Day 15 cost of hides and leather iddentical at 37 gold.
Ipocrotea Smithy - 2 iron villages. Day 1 income: 30 Day 15 income : 0 .
Seonon Wood workshop - 2 wood villages. Day 1 income: 3 Day 15 income: 20.
(It seems that once workshops that produce weapons and armor satisfy the initial needs of the city they will rapidly start to lose you money. )
Jaculan oilpress -2 olive villages . Day 1 income: 19 Day 15 income: 75
Penn Canocc Potter. 3 clay villages . Day 1 income 18 Day 15 income:65 Clay price :6 Pottery price :35
Sanala brewery: 3 grain villages. Day 1 income: 33 Day 15 income:125 Grain Price: 6 Beer price:29
Baltakhand whool weavery: 3 sheep villages (1 if dinar castle is lost) Day 1 income: 41 Day 15 income: 230.

It seems that buying workshop that focus on equipment like weapons and armor will just lose you money. The game economy is not capable of dealing with weapons and armor as trade goods.
To make money you can only count on those workshop that have dirt cheap raw material costs like grain and olives or clay. Most others are a waste of time and money.

But you know what ? I'm probably wrong, the dev say that all of this is working as intended, so silly me for experimenting.

They didn't know that they had even changed the code. Just revert back to 1.4.2 economy, it was working fine. I don't understand it?
From the answers they give I guess they have a very disjointed work team and they probably don't know what the others are doing or changing so version control is probably very hard/bad.

While I am ok with getting 150 average daily from workshops, I do agree with a lot of workshops are just not profitable at all. I am getting 100-150 from some decent places but then if I want to buy workshops only in one Kingdom towns in order to do not lose them due to wars, then there are not enough good places to have at least 4 of them giving +100 gold.

Currently playing as Vlandia vassal and I have the following workshops:

- Jaculan - Olive Press: my best workshop, It is giving me 100-170 consistently.
- Pravend - Brewery: decent workshop, It gives 90-120 daily.
- Marunarh: decent workshop, It gives 80-110 daily.

The problem I have now is that all places on Vlandia and Battania towns are just garbage and give me too low income. Plus, if we go to war against Battania, I would lose one of my workshops automatically.

I find workshops underperforming mostly because It is pretty hard to find at least 4 towns in the same kingdom which could give some decent income (something between 100-200 which I would find ok, please do not bring back OP tanneries giving +400 daily). Plus my caravans are giving me 0 denars daily so I am just getting about 400 denars daily from 4 workshops and 2 caravans which is not good at all.

Anyway, I am still not having issues to get money because selling loot is just too profitable, but I need to be actively fighting battles and tournaments in order to be able to pay for wages and have some money. I have been one of the people asking for nerfs for passive income but It has been overnerfed, especially caravans which are not giving me anything.

Last edited:
From the answers they give I guess they have a very disjointed work team and they probably don't know what the others are doing or changing so version control is probably very hard/bad
I agree with this. The dev from combat department should know what AI department is working on but this might not be the case for Bannerlord. The devs always say "I didn't work on it so I don't know certainly" or "this might be wrong" etc.

While I am ok with getting 150 average daily from workshops, I do agree with a lot of workshops are just not profitable at all. I am getting 100-150 from some decent places but then if I want to buy workshops only in one Kingdom towns in order to do not lose them due to wars, then there are not enough good places to have at least 4 of them giving +100 gold.

Currently playing as Vlandia vassal and I have the following workshops:

- Jaculan - Olive Press: my best workshop, It is giving me 100-170 consistently.
- Pravend - Brewery: decent workshop, It gives 90-120 daily.
- Marunarh: decent workshop, It gives 80-110 daily.

The problem I have now is that all places on Vlandia and Battania towns are just garbage and give me too low income. Plus, if we go to war against Battania, I would lose one of my workshops automatically.

I find workshops underperforming mostly because It is pretty hard to find at least 4 towns in the same kingdom which could give some decent income (something between 100-200 which I would find ok, please do not bring back OP tanneries giving +400 daily). Plus my caravans are giving me 0 denars daily so I am just getting about 400 denars daily from 4 workshops and 2 caravans which is not good at all.

Anyway, I am still not having issues to get money because selling loot is just too profitable, but I need to be actively fighting battles and tournaments in order to be able to pay for wages and have some money. I have been one of the people asking for nerfs for passive income but It has been overnerfed, especially caravans which are not giving me anything.
If there was a good way to synergize our workshop production and our caravans it could work. If instead of selling to the city your workshops donated the output to your caravans to sell to places with good prices all of this could work.

I agree with this. The dev from combat department should know what AI department is working on but this might not be the case for Bannerlord. The devs always say "I didn't work on it so I don't know certainly" or "this might be wrong" etc.

Yeah, it appears to be not coordinated very well.

I currently have 2 workshops in my latest playthrough 1 in Sanala bringing in 150-160 a day after 2 weeks the other 140-150 a day in Chaikand both of them breweries. I don't think the numbers are great but it's enough to help with an army of mostly T4 and 5 around 50.

I guess beer is where it's at in Calradia. :iamamoron:

Yeah, it appears to be not coordinated very well.
Who would've guess that TW isn't well coordinated. /s
I mean how many times has the engine been redone? Twice? :facepalm:

I currently have 2 workshops in my latest playthrough 1 in Sanala bringing in 150-160 a day after 2 weeks the other 140-150 a day in Chaikand both of them breweries. I don't think the numbers are great but it's enough to help with an army of mostly T4 and 5 around 50.

I guess beer is where it's at in Calradia. :iamamoron:

Who would've guess that TW isn't well coordinated. /s
I mean how many times has the engine been redone? Twice? :facepalm:
DId you try that on a new campaign? or on an existing one? It is possible that the economy becomes more destabilized as time goes on, leading to bigger profits. The same workshop gives me very different results on different saves 10 years apart ingame.

DId you try that on a new campaign? or on an existing one? It is possible that the economy becomes more destabilized as time goes on, leading to bigger profits. The same workshop gives me very different results on different saves 10 years apart ingame.
This is a new character I made a 2-3 days ago. I haven't been able to play today because I'm showing my house and this is the first time I've been able to be on the computer today.

This is a new character I made a 2-3 days ago. I haven't been able to play today because I'm showing my house and this is the first time I've been able to be on the computer today.
iN ANY CASE YES, with grain as cheap as 6 or so, breweries have a very large margin.

Probably because first they nerfed Wood workshops, then they heard tanneries could make money anywhere and smithies where making more than others but still less than tanneries and nerfed those.

Maybe if they fixed the cost of equipment in general, they wouldn't have to keep nerfing.

It was intended that owning a workshop be almost worthless. In that vein, it is working as intended.

Workshops have been nerfed to the point that there is little value in owning them. Caravans are almost the same. I see little point in investing in either one.

If this was the result they were looking for... one has to wonder why workshops and caravans were added to the game in the first place.

Looks like the goal is to slow the game down with less cash flow. I think it is the right direction as if a right balance is found could lead to more strategic thought process in wars and economy

Taleworlds gotta be careful of taking all the enjoyment out of the money aspect of the game -just minimizing everything making money getting a game long grind is NOT fun by any measure. Throw in a few surprises like Looters actually having loot and a chance for a high value item -stop being so predictable as that is the opposite of fun -and we wanna have fun

EDIT: By 'fun surprises' I mean not in the Billion Dollar Javelin kinda way..

Back
Top Bottom