The dev is beating around the bush

Users who are viewing this thread

You have to first have a functioning economy as a base to work with and then you can introduce any perks and skills (modifiers) that work within that framework not the other way around.
Nope, first need all the interfering systems be in place, otherwise you are with every new Addition (like the skills) constantly rebalancing (=>huge timesink for developers).

I too code for a living...

To be honest, TaleWorlds in general seems like a pretty cool place to work, with almost no deadlines to meet, and a 'done when it's done' mentality. I can't imagine stress is a big feature there!
Really? People have been screeching for a release date for 8 years and now they´re getting bombarded with threads like this crying for big content drops despite the game not having been out for even a month. Lmao dude

To be honest, TaleWorlds in general seems like a pretty cool place to work, with almost no deadlines to meet, and a 'done when it's done' mentality. I can't imagine stress is a big feature there!
And i cant imagine you to believe this statement to be more than a hyperbole. to mess up something or actually doing a great job people love to refer or to complain about decades, i consider this as somewhat of a burden. just saying.

Wrong, get everything working first, then balance it. Otherwise say one patch fixes one trade perk but not the others, well now with that perk everyone is making mad money for some reason. Well, time to nerf the economy again. Wait new perk added, gotta nerf the economy again. Whoops another perk, gotta nerf it. Get everything working, then balance it.

Diplomacy is currently non-existent, you can't even trade with companions, fiefs are instantly starving because prosperity is negatively effecting food production. We got bigger problems than the economy right now..

As others have mentioned I imagine that maybe 1-2 people are actually working on the Economy presently.

Perhaps they are limited in what they are currently allowed to change/address while waiting on the main group of developers to release more of the systems. Such as better diplomacy and other missing features that the Dev blogs spoke of.

As such they are tinkering with what they can?

Like a roll out of features perhaps planned for next month or something, but they can't start working on said features and updating us about it until they roll out.

People are very up in arms about things, and the game just hit EA. If in a few months time very little has changed and its still just "tweaks and bugfixes" Then yeah I would warrant that's a reason to raise concern, but right now. We really don't have enough information or time invested to know just what is going on and how its being handled. Many Devs have mentioned that certain features and chunks of the game ARE missing and need to be implemented. So to me that says that most of the main crew is focusing on those things, theres a Tech group fixing bugs, and poor mexxico here is probably someone sent to satiate the ravenous masses demanding answers immediately from devs.

To the OP
Without the fine tweaking stuff like caravans etc. how you think a kingdom will work if they simply add it? I rather get a working kingdom system and wait for it a couple of weeks instead of having it and nothing works in it.
Cause then everyone would be complaining having a feature that isn't working.

Imho all theese treads appear just because of lack of communication with us "alpha testers" players. I don't mean answering any single post, but some general discussion between players and dev team. Some monthly\weakly FAQ from the devs will be so nice. @Callum , @MArdA TaleWorlds

+1 OP. I was hoping new updates would start introducing big and experimental features (potentially broken which is perfectly fine in EA) instead of this derping around with bandaid balancing patches. Let the modders deal with that junk for now and focus on getting all the systems in place first.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.
Good luck getting that through to people.

Some monthly\weakly FAQ from the devs will be so nice.

Agreed, communication is what most people want. a road map has been asked for almost since release, doesn't have to be perfect but even a post saying what will be in the game would be nice, even if we dont know when.

well they wrote a completely new engine for their game... look at for example ea and how many of their games struggled so hard bc the higher ups forced their companies to use a new engine. Everything had to be implemented again. Lots of stuff is "just" busy work. I for one dont care if there is a placeholder text or 2 paragraphs of background i instantly forget about. The difficult and meaty and imho most important stuff at the moment is improving performance and eliminating crashes. since there are almost endless different builds out there, its impossible to sufficiently test those things internally. Sure I'd wish the game itself had a bit more meat on its bones. And most certainly I'd like to see a roadmap to know whats in the pipelines, at least generally. Had to give feedback and suggestions when you dont know at all whats allready planned. But for now i guess they r only interested in making the game stable, and for that feedback on mechanics isnt really needed. a little bit communication on these matters would be nice though, but dont forget these folks are turkish and as you can see when a dev posts their english is a bit broken. would be nice to have a community manager, but hey it seems that wasnt on their radar. after all, its a pretty small company without a lot of games under their belt.

Sure, that is NOT an excuse for everything, but its far to early to damn the game and the devs. THe game is out for about 2-3 weeks now. If there is no clear improvement on the base game in about 6 months, hell yeah i will feel dissapointed. But right now calm down and be reasonable.
The other game I was interested in that created a new engine didn't even come out(camelot unchained) with almost $20 million in backing. so i'm just happy this did.

When it is not even finished or released? You merely have a chance to participate during EA under development, don't be such a baby. Get real.
A game being developed for 8, likely 10+ years now, is a massive letdown. That means somewhere along the way they screwed up majorly, and have released early access because they ran out of funding due to poor decision making/implementation. They are not a small "indie" studio, they have over 100 employees IIRC. Surely if the gold standard, CD Project Red, can make a game as flawless as Witcher 3 with ~100 people, they can make a game in 8 years that merely runs on most people's PC's without crashing. How can a single, newbie developer make an early access game on Steam that, while sucking, doesn't cause this many crashes and bugs?

Many can't even load the fricking game or play for any normal amount of time without crashing. That isn't a normal timeline by any stretch of the imagination. Outside of the obvious performance (or non-performance entirely) issues, the game is so basic you have to wonder what exactly they've been doing all this time.

A game being developed for 8, likely 10+ years now, is a massive letdown. That means somewhere along the way they screwed up majorly, and have released early access because they ran out of funding due to poor decision making/implementation. They are not a small "indie" studio, they have over 100 employees IIRC. Surely if the gold standard, CD Project Red, can make a game as flawless as Witcher 3 with ~100 people, they can make a game in 8 years that merely runs on most people's PC's without crashing. How can a single, newbie developer make an early access game on Steam that, while sucking, doesn't cause this many crashes and bugs?

Many can't even load the fricking game or play for any normal amount of time without crashing. That isn't a normal timeline by any stretch of the imagination. Outside of the obvious performance (or non-performance entirely) issues, the game is so basic you have to wonder what exactly they've been doing all this time.
For one they wrote an entirely new engine from the ground up, so they had to redo all their work around 2 years ago. not saying there are no issues but the circumstances are not like you have stated.

For one they wrote an entirely new engine from the ground up, so they had to redo all their work around 2 years ago. not saying there are no issues but the circumstances are not like you have stated.

That's fair, but it's also admitting they blew 6 years of development. That's a pretty colossal waste of time and money. It's puzzling because the promo videos looked more promising on the original engine.

Complete bollocks, they are currently trying to balance the economy but if the perks would work their current balancing will be off again. They should at first the skills, otherwise they are working for absolutely zero gain here.
I wouldn't really call the changes to caravans balancing the economy (in terms of fine tuning). It's more like 'should caravans be invincible, risk free assets or not'. It's not so much about the amount of profit they are going to generate but about their general implementation. A caravan that can't be attacked is quite different from a caravan that can be attacked and that's what the change was all about.

How do you know the developers aren't working on these main issues?
The main issues are going to be bigger stories for the developers to work on and will therefore take a longer time.

The small tweaks are quicker to produce and that's why they are the updates we are getting right now.

You should take into consideration that most issues will only have 1 or 2 developers working on them (1 most of the time) as having more than 1 developer will not necessarily speed things up - especially now we are they are working from home.

Because of that these main issues could take a few weeks or even months to fix, so be patient.

Its clear who doesnt know anything about early access games or game development. It is not even possible for massive game developers to keep up with all issues instantly while bug fixing. Not even Blizzard was able to do that during the beta of World of Warcraft with a team of over 400 people working on the game.

TW must delegate issues between those working on the game. Bug fixes and content will be listed according to importance while hammering out critical issues first.No doubt, small things like minor tweaks to caravans and the like is being handled by 1 person (Small company, few people) focusing on what has already been implemented getting small tweaks while key developers are working on the hard ****.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.
Amen

Its clear who doesnt know anything about early access games or game development. It is not even possible for massive game developers to keep up with all issues instantly while bug fixing. Not even Blizzard was able to do that during the beta of World of Warcraft with a team of over 400 people working on the game.

TW must delegate issues between those working on the game. Bug fixes and content will be listed according to importance while hammering out critical issues first.No doubt, small things like minor tweaks to caravans and the like is being handled by 1 person (Small company, few people) focusing on what has already been implemented getting small tweaks while key developers are working on the hard ****.

Actual Facts Here.
At the end of the day, laymen don't know what they're talking about when it comes to criticizing game devs as they don't understand the work. If you're mad about the current unfinished state of the game, or don't like being a part of the dev process, you should have done the obvious thing and not bought a game in progress.

Back
Top Bottom