SP Modern Apocalypse 'The Dead Rise' (Another Zombie Mod... but with a twist you won't expect...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, the whole pride in heritage that hits you when you're 13 can be intoxicating mate. Look at Tamuli; so bloody Irish that he got beaten from the town. And now you. Same age, same bloody continent. Enough with the scotsmen!

Oh yeh and, uh, god save Dublin.

Ruthven said:
Elenmmare said:
Ruthven said:
I don't have pride in Scottish heritage. I have pride in Royal Scottish heritage!

You're REALTED TO OLD SCOTTISH KINGS?
One queen, actually. But knowing Scotland, close enough.

ah... kavien.

The bloodlines of royalty are naught but falsehoods. What is a true king but a man with the courage to follow a cause and the strength to bind a people's will?

Elenmmare said:
Ruthven said:
Elenmmare said:
Ruthven said:
I don't have pride in Scottish heritage. I have pride in Royal Scottish heritage!

You're REALTED TO OLD SCOTTISH KINGS?
One queen, actually. But knowing Scotland, close enough.

ah... kavien.

The bloodlines of royalty are naught but falsehoods. What is a true king but a man with the courage to follow a cause and the strength to bind a people's will?
Sounds an awful lot like my relative, Mary Queen of Scots.

Ah, and remember her fate?

Also Ruthven, I take a hurt stance at your signature. That picture was used on many an occasion and it a man's duty to post it. Any man would have posted it! The honour is not yours!

Ruthven said:
Alas, I have heard talk of this much. It shall be gone, in all due haste.

Heh, just joking mate. You're a pretty agreeable guy, aren't you?

Argh... indigestion is not fun... :lol:

Anyways, it's nice to see that this topic has been kept in a state of undeath. :wink:

O'connel from the mummy series and neil from stargate?

Got it in one.

Now, I do really like a zombie game called "The Last Stand" (and its excellent sequal!)

In the sequal, not only can zombies use weaponry to kill your survivors, hiding behind the barricade, but you can set traps (such as the bear trap and mines.)

Sounds like an idea, doesn't it? (Traps, I mean...)

Oh and quit spammin'. :lol:

TIK

Been occupied, but I've found the time to describe some of the missions undertaken by those in the Australian military. Yes, the codenames don't sound that great, but then again, some of the real codenames for operations weren't all that exciting-sounding. :razz:

“Genesis” – The first mission undertaken… three scientists who were guarded by squads of nine soldiers were instructed to attempt to locate and retrieve an Immortal from North America. (At this time, there were several large groups in America, and one of them assisted in providing information as to the areas which were currently lightly infected.) Unfortunately, during their searching in the “light” areas, two scientists were KIA, as were their squads. The third scientist’s squad lost three soldiers, but managed to retrieve an Immortal. Extensive testing was performed, and several facts were discovered; was found that Immortals were still able to feel pain, but because of their unnaturally high pain threshold, they would have to be in agony for them to actually react to it, i.e. on fire. This mission was classified a “success”, but many resented that so many had been KIA because of the inaccurate information provided by the American organisation.

“Eagle” – It involved aerial reconnaissance of China, which was rumoured to have been completely overrun by the Immortals. The rumours were true. With its extremely high population density, it was one of the first countries to fall. The secondary objective was to locate any resistance movements. After using heat sensing scanners, it was found that a single group of Chinese had survived. They were quickly evacuated and brought to Australia. No-one was killed during “Golden Eagle” and it was viewed as a complete “success”, though knowing that so many in China had become Immortals was unnerving.

“Sky of Fire” – After discovering the huge numbers of Immortals, this follow-up mission was quickly approved. It was a massive aerial bombing – of all of China. Though many were reluctant to agree to participate in this mission, its necessity was obvious. Many felt that in some way, the Immortals were still human. Nonetheless, the bombing went ahead… many remarked afterwards that the skies really did seem as though they were alight. This mission was also successful. Millions of Immortals were killed.

“Shadows” – An elite squad was tasked with gathering supplies from Britain, which was at this time divided into several zones. Three of the zones were overrun, one was being fought over and the last was firmly in British hands. Upon meeting the British in the safe zone, the soldiers were told locations of supply stockpiles that had been overrun by Immortals. The soldiers were instructed to attract as little attention as a shadow by Colonel “Lion” O’Rell. The British lacked the manpower to gain the supplies themselves, so the agreed to split them 50/50 with the Australian people. The “Shadow” squad was able to eliminate Immortals near three of the six supply points and retrieve the supplies. At the fourth, they met extremely heavy resistance. Only one Shadow survived, but she had been wounded. She heroically defeated the last of the Immortals there single-handedly and got the supplies to the helicopters. After giving them the supplies, she told them what had happened and told them to leave her behind. As they were taking off, they saw her slump to the ground. A moment later, they heard a single gunshot. The mission was classified as “incomplete”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom