The cost of peace increase is nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

I joined Caladog as a vassal, because he seemed to me like a noble, reliable and honorable man. I was so wrong he just declared war to every faction within reach without having nearly enough troops to deal with a single one... so I took back my oath from him (Made him very sad, but he wished me the best^^) as I realized he is completly insane...

Update: the increase completely broke my kingdom. I’m now being steamrolled by the remaining three kingdoms who I now have no money to pay for peace. This is even after destroying several 1000+ armies.

Taleworlds. Quit "fixing" this minor stuff that may not be quite right and work on major problems, like characters and groups not holding their assignments, or any of the other huge items listed in this forum.

The cost of peace is kinda irrelevant since it last about 0.2 microseconds before the (completely random) AI decides to declare war again anyway. And apparently the entirety of TW's ambition is to re-enable the war/peace button on the Kingdom screen.

It cost me 2M to sue for peace which is more than half of my cash, and this is when I'm wining. The war just can't stop now. Great job TW for over fixing, again.

It should depend on the conversation, if honour and valour then who cares about money, if calculating and devious then all they care about is money, etc…

Also there's no influence if your army outnumbers them 10 to 1, in those situations the price is too high, like it's not reasonable since the alternative is slaughter, it works for looters and bandits but not nobles and lords (whom supposed to be smarter).

Last edited:
It feels like even factions I'm beating the hell out of want 600k+ for peace. After a grueling campaign against the Khuzarit, I've got 10k more power, fairly even casualties, way more prisoners and successful sieges, and they're ahead on raids - but it'll still cost me nearly every coin I've got to end a war that by all rights they should be thrilled to be done with.

Back
Top Bottom