The cost of armor just makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

For chuckles; after the armour re-balancing they did (which was, in large, a vast improvement) there were some notable pieces that got the short end of the stick. The armoured bear fur, for example, now only has the same protective value as the bear fur -- despite being a tournament piece layered with steel plate beneath it. :grin:

And "legionary mail" -- a simple mail shirt -- retails for almost $140,000. Makes you wonder what the legion pays its troops. I think I joined the wrong faction!

The part that irks me is that mobs never drop the armour they wear.Take out a Sea Raider hideout, kill two dozen well armed and armoured men to do it -- and you get a few harpoons and a bunch of leather shoes. Maybe a horse or two. Somehow those mail shirts all disappeared, even off the prisoners you take.

This is the same guy who made a post that he refunded after playing only 2 hours the day of launch

Armor in warband was expensive too, it makes sense imo. The amount of labor needed to create a single piece of decent quality metal armor back then was insane.

The primary issue to me is that the stats are still whack. The default layered leather tunic you start with is better than 80% of the armor you'll find in towns.

Also like Northcott above me said, Sea Raiders are no longer Mail Armor pinatas like they used to be

I don't really see the purpose of this post tbh

Do you want all soldier wages to sky rocket? or do you want all armor to be dirt cheap?

Warband worked the same way and there were no issues with troops receiving their gear for practically free, otherwise the game would feel even more unbalanced.

But sure, some items in the game need to have their prices adjusted, but I don't care what items troops are given as long as they're balanced nicely.

I get the point. My top end armor cost me over 600k gold. Oddly enough, back before I had 1 million gold, the same armor sold for like 150k which leads me to believe that at some point it scales with how much you have to act as a money sink.

Still 600k for a suit of armor??? Seriously??? That is enough to buy an entire kingdom and it only gave me like 2-3 more armor value than I had. If I hadn't had a ridiculous amount of income and nothing to spend money on, there is no way in hell I would spend 600k on armor.

Also there is the 22k crossbow issue as well. A simple crossbow used by like Tier 2-3 troops is one of the most expensive weapons in the game??

Not only that but they need to really tweak item stats. I have many times found cheap items having better stats than expensive ones. For example a Battered Kite Shield that sells for like 700 has like 480 hit points where as shields selling for 5k have like 300 and no speed differences.

For my part though, I am just considering this part of early access woes. Tuning and balancing will be one of the last things they tackle before release.

For chuckles; after the armour re-balancing they did (which was, in large, a vast improvement) there were some notable pieces that got the short end of the stick. The armoured bear fur, for example, now only has the same protective value as the bear fur -- despite being a tournament piece layered with steel plate beneath it. :grin:

And "legionary mail" -- a simple mail shirt -- retails for almost $140,000. Makes you wonder what the legion pays its troops. I think I joined the wrong faction!

The part that irks me is that mobs never drop the armour they wear.Take out a Sea Raider hideout, kill two dozen well armed and armoured men to do it -- and you get a few harpoons and a bunch of leather shoes. Maybe a horse or two. Somehow those mail shirts all disappeared, even off the prisoners you take.

That mail shirt costs enough to pay that legionnaire for almost 200 years. Which again. Is silly.

Bud I've been here for 15 years, I ain't going nowhere. I refunded the game out of the utter disgust how how broken/subpar it was compared to Warband or even the Original Mount & Blade. I think repurchased the game to test it further to see if there was anything more to it after the 2 hour steam limit. I'm sure you'll be on to your next game in a week or two so frankly just shut the hell up ok?

Already sunk 40 hours into Bannerlord, And have 800 on Warband. Just because I don't ****post on the forums and cry all day like you do, doesn't mean I'm just some new player who's moving on in a day.

But hey, any one who is enjoying Bannerlord in your very evident opinion is just some new player who has no idea what the Glory days of Mount and Blade were. You sound like those Vanilla WoW Elitists, and yes. I played Vanilla WoW too.

It's already been explained, that the Update skewed prices, and will be fixed. But yet here you are, still complaining about literally anything and everything.

Already sunk 40 hours into Bannerlord, And have 800 on Warband. Just because I don't ****post on the forums and cry all day like you do, doesn't mean I'm just some new player who's moving on in a day.

But hey, any one who is enjoying Bannerlord in your very evident opinion is just some new player who has no idea what the Glory days of Mount and Blade were. You sound like those Vanilla WoW Elitists, and yes. I played Vanilla WoW too.

It's already been explained, that the Update skewed prices, and will be fixed. But yet here you are, still complaining about literally anything and everything.

At least I'm discussing the game. You are just whining to whine.
Nothing better to do?
Maybe go play your beloved game.

At least I'm discussing the game. You are just whining to whine.
Nothing better to do?
Maybe go play your beloved game.

I've posted in quite a few other threads asking questions, and offering advice to others. But again, nice try. Funny how I went from filthy casual to fan boy in basically an instant. Just refund the game and come back in a year like you said. Since you're so outraged about the state of Early Access.

Sounds spot like what we already have. Alot. The looting after battle is pretty accurate I think. I mean how long does it take a couple hours out of the already fast day. And then your not gonna get every piece off of every soldier, just what's still good and not damaged.

Yeah, I thought of that... but isn't what you currently get post-battle what the other lords inventory contains? Not necessarily whats on the field of play... otherwise by late game, you should be getting hundreds of the quality armours after a single battle since nearly every unit is tier 4-6.

I've posted in quite a few other threads asking questions, and offering advice to others. But again, nice try. Funny how I went from filthy casual to fan boy in basically an instant. Just refund the game and come back in a year like you said. Since you're so outraged about the state of Early Access.
No?

Hell man I have more hours into this than you do. All you are doing is wasting your breath and derailing threads. Go away troll. Hell you have 29 posts total 1/4 of then being attacks on me and most of the rest just saying "how hunky dory" everything is and stop complaining.

The point of EA is to point out what's wrong with it, so let me get back to work.

Last edited:
At the average rate soldiers are paid It would take 100 men something like 8 in game years to afford a single high end chest piece.

So where is all this armor coming from there are wearing exactly? lol
Yeah, it's an issue in warband as well. The game's economy is nonsensical.

the fact that all spouses have the best armor is a big problem IMHO. actually NPC stats are a problem over all. when I'm struggling to hit 40 on my main skills that random person I picked up in a bar whose 10 years younger then my char has 120s in all his skills it's VERY VERY jarring.

Back
Top Bottom