The Contrarianism of Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Multiplayer for Bannerlord blows. This has been evident and clear since the open beta (perhaps before by those who were invited). After near-universal hatred of multiple terrible things such as the class system/inability to customize your load out, the boring game modes being forced upon us, slow as hell combat (mine as well call it turn-based at this point) and the absurd refusal to release the private servers to name a few, TW still continues to double-down, triple-down, quadruple-down on all of these things, despite the multiplayer community begging them to stop. At this point, after three years (yes, that’s sadly the case) of multiplayer getting **** on by everyone from critics, players and forum posters, 80-90% of which united in their hatred of these things, TW STILL continues to push them. Then they implement detrimental things like skins and removing deaths which either A) nobody asked for or B) are complete gutter-trash attempts and diverting attention from the horror that is Bannerlord MP or both. With the multiplayer continuing to deteriorate, smaller and smaller player counts and then simply adding in more unwanted/unneeded additions, I think it would be a safe bet to assume that they are just being contrarian at this point. They are purposely doing things to piss us off and tank the game. While this explanation is far-fetched, it’s not unheard of in gaming. Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Super Smash Bros, intentionally refused to put Waluigi into the game out of spite of so many fans telling him to. He said in a private conversation he did so to prove that the fans do not control the game and that he does. While that’s a bit of a tangent, could that be true for Bannerlord’s Mulitplayer?

They are purposely doing things to piss us off and tank the game.
Imagine unironically believing that
p5SZVco.jpg

Seems perfectly sane and reasonable to me. Have you considered formulating the post to sound like the declaration of independence? Then it would at least be funny.

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, I think they just don't know any better and don't care. Why would they. Singleplayer is their priority and even that is horrible and barebones. They're now also gonna be ripping the Claimant quest system from Warband instead of thinking of something new, like a dynamic civil war / internal diplomacy type thing

They're obviously just going after what they know will make them the money, and multiplayer just isn't it.
Sad to see that the class system is here to stay with them doubling down with the customisation being based completely around the classes.

I actually will give Roy some credit here - as I think he has a sort of point.

99% of players are on Singleplayer now; it's the SP that is selling the game and keeping player counts up. So we are left with a situation where 1% of the prospective player base are kicking up more complaints and issues (and indeed rightfully so) then the other 99%.

It wouldn't be hard to see a situation where TW effectively said 'let them eat cake' and just focussed exclusively on singleplayer. Why waste time on a component of the game no one (now) plays - and is constantly under barrage of complaints & concerns? It's basically just cutting off the infected limb so to speak.

Would you like to give a better explanation?
Yeah sure, MP is just not a priority as they struggle to make SP release-worthy. They even had to move the release date for another year further. They gain absolutely nothing from it, they only lose more money the more they take to finish the game.

99% of players are on Singleplayer now; it's the SP that is selling the game and keeping player counts up. So we are left with a situation where 1% of the prospective player base are kicking up more complaints and issues (and indeed rightfully so) then the other 99%.

It wouldn't be hard to see a situation where TW effectively said 'let them eat cake' and just focussed exclusively on singleplayer. Why waste time on a component of the game no one (now) plays - and is constantly under barrage of complaints & concerns? It's basically just cutting off the infected limb so to speak.
It's them trying to get the mainstream audience of people who play whatever multiplayer game is popular. Capture the flag, overpowered archers, maps that look like fps maps, rankings and levels and unlockable cosmetics are indicators of the direction they want to go in. It was an attempt to get more sales, but they won't reverse course now that it didn't work and singleplayer is what's selling the game.

Inappropriate language
It's them trying to get the mainstream audience of people who play whatever multiplayer game is popular. Capture the flag, overpowered archers, maps that look like fps maps, rankings and levels and unlockable cosmetics are indicators of the direction they want to go in. It was an attempt to get more sales, but they won't reverse course now that it didn't work and singleplayer is what's selling the game.
I have never seen a FPS map looking like a medieval castle, interesting. Archers are also not OP, how about you get a shield or learn the A&D key?

Ballerina wanker.

I have never seen a FPS map looking like a medieval castle, interesting. Archers are also not OP, how about you get a shield or learn the A&D key?

Ballerina wanker.
There's that one flag on port of omar that looks like a shooting gallery, theres tons of cover spots and funnels to shoot into on every map. Most bows kill in two shots against most classes. People complain about anything that can be used to counter archery but they end up nerfing them by making the archers run super slow instead of nerfing the damage, making the game less fun.

Last edited:

Ballerina wanker.
Why does spinning make you upset? You literally just block in the direction the enemy is spinning in and it will be right most of the time. Now that I know how mad it makes people I'll do it more, lol.

that's the problem, they won't give custom server, so that 1% can go play themselves. instead come to this place and complain xD

Back
Top Bottom