The constant wars is taxing

Users who are viewing this thread

In my current playthrough, I was with Northern Empire which got totally crushed and lost all holdings, but I didn't give up! I "revived" it by capturing a castle and then we got a city as well.

However, it was super stressing as other kingdoms kept pushing war with us ALL THE TIME. I got many of them suppressed by pushing for peace (using every time 200 influence...). Still, we were in war all the time. Castles and cities were occupied and lost and occupied and lost. I would assume other kingdoms would leave us alone as we were so insignificant. I had to simply give up at some point and return back to being an independent player not affiliated with any kingdom as the constant wars also kept crushing my parties and caravans. I felt like I was working a full time job just trying to keep our kingdom alive and pushing our king to make peace all the time. :grin:

I feel the kingdoms are WAY too bellicose. There's not a moment of room for just taking a breath and developing current holdings and getting caravans and parties up and running.

I've had the opposite effect since the latest patch, The Aeseri went from being at war with everyone but 2, to now being at war with a total of 2.
We would be at war with 1, but I used my influence to stop a peace agreement because we were in the middle of sieging one of their cities and one of our own guys suggested peace with them.... very suspicious...

I would assume other kingdoms would leave us alone as we were so insignificant.
It's the opposite. The AI declares war most frequently on the smallest/weakest kingdoms.
This preference was made even more aggressive in the 1.4.1 diplomacy hotfixes.
Makes it very hard to save dying factions.

Back
Top Bottom