The 'Consolization' of Mount and Blade and Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

So they seriously think going for consoles is a good idea?
Taleworlds has no idea how demographics work. They don't understand what kind of audience a game like this appeals to, and keep trying to attract people who obviously will never buy this game by dumbing things down.
You'd think that after their ham-fisted attempts at Multiplayer design backfired completely, they'd wise up to this, but I guess not.

The consolization of Bannerlord is very sad indeed, and ultimately the result of extremely faulty marketing research. There's NOT a big market amongst console players to buy Bannerlord.

Naturally, there will be a big increase in sales for a few days/weeks after Bannerlord releases on consoles. But ultimately; console players are not interested in these types of games, and the resources and time that could've been spent on focus on the PC version will have been wasted and result in a net loss for Taleworlds compared to if they had ignored consoles and focused on delivering core Warband features + features they had to cut during earlier development.

Naturally, there will be a big increase in sales for a few days/weeks after Bannerlord releases on consoles. But ultimately; console players are not interested in these types of games,
But that´s why they are making the game less and less complex. I bet in their dreams they want Bannerlord to be the CoD Medieval on consoles :sad:

Top tier thread

Sad to see that there is a lack of creative freedom and the mechanics of the game become more restrictive and flavourless as a result.
I like the parallels drawn to the Elder Scrolls series, just like Skyrim is a watered down Morrowind, Bannerlord is a watered down warband.
It honestly feels like the game is in the same form as it was at the release of Early Access with zero progress, just tweaks and changes and small additions which don't seem very confidently made.

The development feels stunted because instead of making worthwhile additions and making the game a worthy successor, focus is instead placed on small meaningless things.
What's the point of developing the game further if the process is going to stay like this?
Bannerlord is supposed to build upon M&B and more, that's what a sequel is, no?
Currently its nowhere near that, why would I play BL where the only progression in development is bug fixes and out-of-touch balancing in MP when I can go back to the original M&B and Warband. There's no incentive to stay.

Surely the point of Bannerlord would be to build on M&B by adding depth to the game, apparently not. Everything feels so streamlined.

Except for Captain mode, why do I have to choose a class to play in MP? For balance? Classes already have a pre-made selection of armour and weaponry available to that class which you can choose from via perks, how is that different from Warband's system of choosing infantry/archer/cavalry and mixing and matching your gear to your liking, making sacrfices in weapon or armour quality in an improvement in something else based upon your base or earned gold.
The only difference here is that Bannerlord's class system is unnecessarily restrictive and makes balancing worse because if the available perk combinations designed for a class are weak, that class is ****ed regardless.

Sry for the unecessary wall of text

Game feels devoid of depth which made the previous M&Bs good and thus feels barebones with the devs having their hands tied in a position where they can't or won't build upon the game which at the moment feels empty and arcadey with its strong suits watered down :party:

No no no no no I don't want any of TW's manpower to be diverted to a console port. The console market is what's holding the industry back. Everyone has to jump through hoops to make sure things work on old hardware, and we all pay the price for it. Look at CP2077.

I was just randomly browsing the forums when "Consolization" and "Bannerlord" made me jump from my chair. After having read the thread and things like "we're reducing AI calculations to meet console requirements", I just wanted to say a couple of things.

I had no idea TaleWorlds had plans to port Bannerlord to consoles.
If I knew that, I probably wouldn't have bought Bannerlord in the first place. Consoles can go ? themselves for all I care.
I'm all for supporting development of such a great game, but we all know how planning for consoles ruin PC games and we all know what's going to happen next. Let's face it. Money is the ultimate goal and consoles pay more (bigger crowd I assume).

I really, really miss the good old times when people made games out of vision and passion, and not to maximize profits, and those games ended up selling way more than if they had been made to maximize profits.

I have almost 800 hours in Bannerlord and no plans to stop while I'm still having fun, but if I see console ? in the game, TaleWorlds won't see a single additional cent of my money. Go sell to the consoles.

That kind of decision always comes from the higher ups, though, who probably don't even play games and only count money, and I feel bad for the developers. I'm no developer myself, but I bet none of them like it when they're told they're limited/restricted because they need to "meet console requirements". I guess that's life. How could we tell good from bad if we didn't have both in the world. I came for Mount&Blade, skipped Warband for unrelated reasons and came back for Bannerlord because of how much fun I had in Mount&Blade. A "consoled down" version, or should I say a Cyberpunked version, of what could have been an epic game in its full potential will be a last goodbye.

Now I'll just go back to playing and pretending I never saw this thread in the first place. Let me continue to believe that TaleWorlds is one of those good old companies that are in it for the vision and the passion.

I don't see why your surprised, Warband is on consoles so should have expected Bannerlord to be also....

I've saw most of those posts when they were made but seeing this compilation is truly disheartening, the community loved warband so much and wanted to see a worthwhile sucessor, they are basically screaming at the gates of TW "this and this is what's wrong with the game, fix it so it can live up to this series reputation" but they still can't see to understand it.

Mexxico talked about many suggestions he made during the development of the game and they all looked immersive and fun, exactly the kind of thing people wanted in bannerlord but they were shutdown years ago, just sad.

Imgur embeds really suck on some devices:

N7UPOlT.png

*Grabs popcorn* I'm kind of glad I jumped ship a while back. I just got burned out and was going to wait a few months hoping to see if its worth coming back to but.......this.......man......

Has anyone tried playing Bannerlord with a full controller? The one I have the right stick doesn't work so I've only used the left side.
On PS4 the aiming of ranged weapons is incredibly slow and sloppy, it's night and day compared to MnK, I wonder how they're going to avoid this if they do a console versions.

I've saw most of those posts when they were made but seeing this compilation is truly disheartening
idk why you find those disheartening. kingdoms go to war when they're strong, their enemies are weak and think they can win the war. the "border incidents" are just the declared reason to gather support. just like the weapons of mass destructions, "spreading freedom" or "fighting terrorism".
they're just cutting the BS.

village building needs to be brought back though.

multiplayer stuff can be easily solved with private servers.

the game is still being developed. dialogues will be written and will get fleshed out. warband's missing features are simple so they're easy to add. but they nees to finish the basic game (all AIs, performance, balance, scenes, equipment, etc) before that.

Has anyone tried playing Bannerlord with a full controller? The one I have the right stick doesn't work so I've only used the left side.
On PS4 the aiming of ranged weapons is incredibly slow and sloppy, it's night and day compared to MnK, I wonder how they're going to avoid this if they do a console versions.
Maybe they just add an auto aim system like GTA or RDR did? Of course they´ll remove the manual aiming for mouse and keyboard players too :wink:

Back
Top Bottom