The console version of Bannerlord has more features like BANNERS

Users who are viewing this thread

I think a Banners first and foremost feature should be increasing morale (I mean gameplay wise, obviously main point is looking freaking awesome). Really hopeful that gets implemented (and losing the bonus morale when a banner is fallen)

Would be a cool idea for campaigns as well, each character having their own story and introducing the factions lore
yep, i think it's more immersive even if the player character now is born in the Continent... and to be honest it would give a different vibe. more ck3 vibe like

The question about banners though is: can they be used on field?

Also, are we ever going to be able to inject more "charges" (icons) into the game for more customizable flag designs, or will there be anyway to implement a more Warband like experience, and make them yourself and port into the game?

The question about banners though is: can they be used on field?

Also, are we ever going to be able to inject more "charges" (icons) into the game for more customizable flag designs, or will there be anyway to implement a more Warband like experience, and make them yourself and port into the game?
Allowing us to put more than 1 icon on the flag would be a bare minimum, i hope. I have long abandoned hopes of a third colour or divisions on a shield, but at least let me put two animals on, TW

Allowing us to put more than 1 icon on the flag would be a bare minimum, i hope. I have long abandoned hopes of a third colour or divisions on a shield, but at least let me put two animals on, TW

I've always maintained how incredibly worse their new banner system is. Limited charges on field, limited colors, no proper divisions--nothing good at all. You can use a third-party solution for getting more things on map, but that requires a mod, making it even worse of a "solution". I have no idea why they thought about making the banners this way, written into the code, but it's one of the worst decisions I think they've made because it was so simple/lazy that it would never work out great/fun.

It's probably impossible now for them to change it, to add in an image system of sorts again, but I hope they at least come back to it and give us far more control over it. Adding more colors and unrestricting how many charges we can put on the flag would be a pretty good start, but ultimately it will never compare to actually being able to (though I know most didn't) your own designs and import it directly into the game. Not unless they give us the ability to add designs in their way or something.

I don't know...maybe I'm being too critical. I study heraldry and vexillology a lot, and make my own charges and flags and everything, so it's really important to me. 😅

I like that the console version has more features than the EA peasant version.

Does the Xbox Series X version run in 60FPS? 1000 battle size?
i dont like that you dont respect tw preparing something for gamescom.
the gamescom is the biggest game exhibition event in europe. it is a huge event for companies, especially after corona.
why dont you want tw prepare something special and all exclusive for that cause?

i do understand the general concerns about release based on the experience we have with EA, because i have them too. but just imagine that EA content probably isn't the focus anymore and we shouldnt judge the release quality yet already based on what we see now.

wait until the game gets released. then you/we can moan as much as you/we want/need to. by saying that 😅
I would certainly like to see this (minus the demo stuff) on beta before release. But a goal isn't a guarantee.
is the reinforcement system getting reevaluated before release? it is a desaster on 1.8.

What game mode is that showing? Will you be able to start a campaign with a high level lord in endgame gear or is that multiplayer?
I think this is like the demos they showed off at first? Premade characters so that the people playing the demos could just hop into things. At least I'm pretty sure the first sandbox demos were like that.

is the reinforcement system getting reevaluated before release? it is a desaster on 1.8.
Seconded. If an OFF button is preferable to getting your reinforcements.. you know there's a problem.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BleakSimpleLeafbird-mobile.mp4
my guess is they made it so insignificant so no one could tell if it was working or not :lol:, could be totally wrong but i bet it doesnt work and they went "can't have a last showcase not have banners, they'll be pissed" :iamamoron:
SOunds....... probable
Did you see all these lucky people getting Bannerlord selfies?

Fun stuff, is it actors or TW staff though? 😏

A small feedback from my experience of Taleworlds booth at Gamescom (I played between 2h to 3h on the Gamescom build):

- PC version is really great. It's smooth, the sieges run without any drop of frame (though the PCs are beasts with high-end hardware), Banners system is very promising, the demo is great as you jump right into big battles and sieges, the UI got some useful new additions while commanding troops in battles, AI movement has been improved, and there are many small other additions and bug fixes. Overall this version is very clean and pleasant to play.

- Xbox Series X and PS5 versions were fun to play. I'm not a controller type of player and even though I had much fun playing it. It works very well for a "couch and chill" type of play. Battle size is 1000. The game looks great even if PC is, of course, looking better (Obviously, it's at least a 2000 euros difference between the PCs and the consoles). I think that if you play with 1000 troops, you will be locked to 30FPS. (Which is enough to enjoy the game)

- Old gen consoles weren't playable at Gamescom.

Taleworlds team is great, they are all very kind and you can speak with devs freely! I had such a great time and I can't wait to go back tomorrow for one last round of Bannerlord in this great looking booth. (I honestly think that Taleworlds booth is the best looking one from all Gamescom 😲)

2BFB1.jpg

Last edited:
A small feedback from my experience of Taleworlds booth at Gamescom (I played between 2h to 3h on the Gamescom build):

- PC version is really great. It's smooth, the sieges run without any drop of frame (though the PCs are beasts with high-end hardware), Banners system is very promising, the demo is great as you jump right into big battles and sieges, the UI got some useful new additions while commanding troops in battles, AI movement has been improved, and there are many small other additions and bug fixes. Overall this version is very clean and pleasant to play.

- Xbox Series X and PS5 versions were fun to play. I'm not a controller type of player and even though I had much fun playing it. It works very well for a "couch and chill" type of play. Battle size is 1000. The game looks great even if PC is, of course, looking better (Obviously, it's at least a 2000 euros difference between the PCs and the consoles). I think that if you play with 1000 troops, you will be locked to 30FPS. (Which is enough to enjoy the game)

Taleworlds team is great, they are all very kind and you can speak with devs freely! I had such a great time and I can't wait to go back tomorrow for one last round of Bannerlord in this great looking booth. (I honestly think that Taleworlds booth is the best looking one from all Gamescom 😲)

If you can or wouldn't mind to, could you elaborate on the UI changes for commanding troops and AI improvements?

2BFB1.jpg
Cool, thanks for the info. Looking forward to hear more about how the banners work.

I understand why TW has a bunch of medieval warriors in their booth due to how crazy this community can be sometimes, hehe.

2BFB1.jpg
Nice shot!
We can see that you are enjoying this moment :wink:

You can play it on PC as well (both in b2c and b2b) - aka this is the Gamescom version rather than "console" version.
When you going to add

Bandits attacking villages
Helping villagers defend their village from bandits
No poems
No courting
No feasts
No weddings (its just a watered down cutscene with no substance now used to be a real time event)
No dueling lords
No weather (never rains at all or any sandstorms)
No custom troops
No variation in sieges they're all the same scripted events
No criminal options like they advertised with being a crime lord
Still missing battle scenes and settlements still share battlefields with others instead of being unique
No character to NPCs, in Warband they had unique character for the NPCs. Now they're all generic and say the same things

Back
Top Bottom