The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

Users who are viewing this thread

SVN server should be there...he reacted. You just have to do what you can see and read on the pictures in first post.
Don't try to be smarter than the guy who write this tutorial...just follow. And make sure you really do exactly what you should do.

And make sure tortoise isn't blocked by your firewall or by win7 UAC.

so im just in the process of downloading now... using versions for mac instead of tortoise. My question is, because of the nature of apps, I cant access the program files directly when choosing a location in which to check out the files. Can I just download them and transfer the files into the mods folder?
Also, is it supposed to take mind-numbingly long to finish downloading, or am I just screwing up?

I don't know mac systems very well so I can just answer for win. I could download the files in one folder and copy them later in the M&B Mod folder. You should only be sure you copy all files in the right mod folder.
And yes. The download is huge so depending on you internet connection it can take some time. It's sth around 3,4 GB. But the good thing of this tortoise thing is you can continue downloads without problems if your computer needs a break or sth like this.

Ok, it worked perfectly, thanks :smile:
Versions doesnt seem to work as such, though, i had to restart the download four times because of a faulty wifi connection!
feelsbadman.jpeg

I want to start playing 1257 ad, but from my understanding there is going to be a big update soon which will not be compatible with previous saves. In this case, is it better to wait for the update or just start, knowing that my save will eventually be deleted? Sounds like an awesome mod though, excited to start. Thank you.

The game can be kinda complex, and it is very different from native, so I would recommend downloading now, learning the ropes and having fun, (but not getting too close to your character), before the update comes. Besides, who knows what the heck they mean by "soon"?

Ivan the Awesome said:
The game can be kinda complex, and it is very different from native, so I would recommend downloading now, learning the ropes and having fun, (but not getting too close to your character), before the update comes. Besides, who knows what the heck they mean by "soon"?

I'm not worried about the complexity too much, because I've played a fair amount of M&B mods ever since the original, so I figure I'll pick up on it with time. It's really more of a convenience issue for me since I am already playing brytenwalda, prophesy of pendor, and another computer game; If the update is dropping within the next two weeks then I won't waste time playing the older version. As you've stated though, "soon" could be anything when it comes to this type of matters. This mod just appeals to me the most, conceptually at least, so I am pretty psyched about getting my hands on it updated :mrgreen:

This mod has an element of realness to it that trumps the other ones currently in progress, at least in my humble opinion. I would expect the update to take another month or 2 at a minimum, there are a lot of things for the mod team to do. I wish had the skills to help them some, I just know nothing about how these game files are set up. My modding experience comes from Medieval 2 total war which is ironic, because I found this game during my bored longing for the Dominion of The sword mod. Now I have a predicament, I don't know which mod I will like best. The scales may way in favor of this mod just because you can create your own kingdom, and the game has more of a non linear feel to it. 

While there is a new non-savegame compatible version on the way, there's no actual release date yet.
I'd start playing at now. There's no telling how long you'd have to wait otherwise. The current version (the SVN one) is a very nice mod on it's own.

Starting now will let you get to know the gameworld, and even if the next version isn't savegame compatible, you can always export you character and import it again in the next game.

OK, after re-installing my OS (Windows 7), I've had some problems with TortoiseSVN - it says it installed successfully, but won't run ("error 00... something") so I can't even start to download the svn. Yes, it doesn't allow me the checkout or anything else (doesn't show in folders) and after I try to run the application, it won't open and writes me the above mentioned error.

I've had no problems before and I've searched this forum and Tortoise, but haven't found the answer. Has anyone had this experience before?

Ok i am now downloading the bigest MOD ever for Warband... What GB is there? I have downloaded 1.6 by now?
Ohh... and another thing.This with SVN is bulsit i think i wana have option to pause down and resume i have only 1 megabit and i need to wait all day infront of comp to complete.bulsit bulsit bulsit

PerXX said:
Can't say I've had that problem, using Win7 myself. Maybe a botched installation?
Try reinstalling, and turn off UAC before doing so.

Thanks. Don't know, I installed them just like before when I've had no problems. I also didn't mess up anything regarding it's version - both OS and Tortoise are 64x.

UAC?

Thanks. I've already got all the administrators permission and have tried re-installing the program several times - even tried to download it again in case of some error but still nothing. As I have already said, I installed the OS just like before (same version and procedure) and I don't intend to do it again if there is no greater need - I'm too lazy to configure it all again in order to match my taste  :smile:

Nah, it seems I'll have to wait for a public (non svn) release.

Weird, SVN kept telling me that it could not access a repositroy at the specified URL until I actually typed the URL in my browser, copied it from the address bar and pasted it back on the program. So... for anyone having a similar issue, try going here first:

http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

and running the SVN afterwards. Worked for me. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom