The companions I'm making

Do you like the idea of the new companions?

• Yes

Votes: 192 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • You lazy ass making us do the work! :p

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • Try... read my post

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I have just realized photos of Calvic and Krewlod do not appear in the main post. Probably because spoilers in spoilers.

Yeah, I hope images are not very large for the first page :razz:

I see a problem arising after every companion added to the main post. The character limit... We may have to ask morrisB to add some companions to his post (second post).

None-inspired. It will leave as it is for now. Unless there can be an appropriate position for him.

Name: Cutthroat Boris

CkYXN.jpg

Backstory:
He was a peasant, until he had to leave his village. After he became robbed by bandits and became a complete pushover, he decided to became a man of action. A title he must've earn, a title that makes bandits stay out of him. He learned, by eavesdropping in the local inn, that every bandit respects a cutthroat. So all he has to do was cutting the throat of the first bandit who tried to rob him, so Boris did. Or at least he says so. From this day forward, no other bandit troubled him. Also, this is the cuttroat that in the Krewlod's story. Remember that Krewlod saves him from bandits ^^

Personality:
Despite, Boris being a cutthroat, he is a man who has the inner personality of a peasant. Non-hostile, neutral, pure, maybe a bit ignorant... Nonetheless, the cruelty of life also made him to gain different characteristics too. He lived a harsh life but this did not actually change his main characteristics, but turned him to be somewhat a different kind of good person. Nevertheless, he seems to enjoy brutality in his jokes. Or maybe he's just pretending so.

Fighting style:
Despite Boris' non-hostile nature, he can defend himself fairly well. Years of experience being a cutthroat, or at least being named as one madee him a competent fighter that shows some spirit when fighting for his life. His abilities most excel at close to mid range.

Equipment: (Low-qualified if possible)
Segmented Helmet
Byrnie
Leather Boots
Dual Barrel Pistol
One Handed Battle Axe
Heavy Throwing Axes
Stone Bullets

Here's a picture of the items. Items that are in the right inventory(equipment chest) are related to Boris, but they won't be in his possessions as a companion.
hCgBk.jpg

Abilities, Proficiencies and Skills:
His most useful skill is the looting skill. This is such a talent that he earned by being close to the famed river-pirates of Zendar.

Abilities:
STR - 15
AGI - 9
INT - 9
CHA - 10

Some notable Skills:
Looting - 10
Power throw - 4
Power Strike - 5

Proficincies-
Throwing - 100
Firearms - 90
One-Handed - 110

Dialogue:
Bor - Cutthroat Boris
Adv - Adventurer
*The player starts the conversation by hitting the 'action' button towards Cutthroat Boris.
Bor: I know it became a real cliche, but do you want to join me for a drink?
Adv:
1- It is a cliche. But who cares if the drink is good?
2-As a mount and blade player, I am getting sick of this. So goodbye.
Bor: Hahahey. Drinks are good, it becomes more good when you drink from your enemies' skull. It is not an uncommon thing to cut someone's head completely off when trying to cut the man's throat for such a cutthroat like myself.
Adv:
1- That is... how say? A very humorous joke. But let's talk something else. What is your story?
2- I think I will share my time with someone less of a sea raider. I hope you won't try to add my head to your collection, when I turn my back.
Bor: Bah! You seem like a decent man, I won't lie to you. I'm not a real cutthroat, I was an ordinary peasant until I have shared the tale of another human being forced out of his home™. When it was almost harvesting season™ the god damned village elder provoked the other village dwellers to banish me from my farms. They never liked me in that stupid village anyway.
Bor: Those angry mob, who are followers of the so called "one" don't know the meaning of respect to the older ones and the unquestionable truth. While those retards just want a stupid crusade, the village elder was just wanting my farmlands. Nevertheless with the help of the wanderlust™ within me, I left most of my belongings and became a traveler.
Adv:
1- That was sooo interesting. Oh were we? Ah yes, you were slaying the dragon. Then what happened?
2- What? Old gods? I spit on you scum! I think you are the thick headed one that can't understand the old gods are lie that only 60 years old geezers believe.
Bor: Yes after I slew the dragon I look at the treasure vault... Hey! That wasn't my story! As I was saying, after I left my village. A band of brigands attacked me and robbed me. I merely survived and made my way into the city. There while I was begging for a drink from the barkeeper, I've heard a man who says something about cutthroats. If I recall it correctly he said (with a different tone) "Cutthroats are the king of outlaws, that every poor bandit and riff raff of the street respects a cutthroat.". Therefore, I have decided of my goal. My only purpose in life! Becoming a mighty cutthroat!
Bor: Then, I thought to myself (with an idealist tone) "I have to prove myself as a worthy cutthroat. My first quest is to cut someone's throat.". Then I did it. I have killed the village elder by cutting his throat. Too bad none of the brigands believed this tale when I told to them. Thanks to an orange haired swordmaster I have been saved. Then with the help of the swordmaster, I have been killed the bandit king and proved myself as the king of all brigands! Until that day, no brigand had troubled me.
Adv:
1- Hmm. That was an interesting tale. It can be called even absurd.
2- I'm sorry I missed the part what you did with the treasure of the dragon. Haha. What a loser.
Bor: Oh I don't know what "apsurud" means but you gotta believe me I am a very skilled fellow.
Adv:
1- You are skilled indeed. Actually, I would like to hire you into my company. In either ways, I will be recruiting a good story teller or a strong cutthroat.
2- If you are a skilled fellow, than I am a Thunder God who can cast multiple shockwaves from my buttocks.
Bor: Yes, yes. Recruit me. You are a clever man. Or should I say boss? Ah there is one last cliche we mustn't pass by. I have made quite a debt to the innkeeper here. I think I will be needing 400 denars for that. You know, hehe *smiles and winks here*.
Adv:
1- Here is 400 denars. For your ehm... debts.
2- I can't afford that at the moment.
Bor: Give me a few seconds to prepare, and I'll be ready to move.

That is all for now. I hope you enjoyed it as well.

for more companions just some random
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2158
made by Malikfaris

includes =
marshal companions or something
lord companions
lower lvl lords companions
warrior companions
trainer companions
and other random companions
around 70 companions total

The thing about these companions is that they need dialog. It's good that many of you are contributing though.

@Master Ronin  Great job on the dialog, can you go into edit mode and grab that companions Face Key (Ctrl+E in face edit mode) then paste it here on the forum?

very nice companion once again master ronin :grin:! especially the overlap with your other companion!

robbind, i know his mod, but the problem with his companions is that they are all shallow.

manekemaan said:
...problem with his companions is that they are all shallow.
Haha! Perfect way to describe them. Immersion people! With the little way we have of giving it, let's make sure the player can feel like there companion really has a story to tell.  :smile:

Here it is

Calvic : 0x00000008590d721528db7125726ab6a900000000001d16a50000000000000000
Krewlod : 0x000000038b0d63db4416b13910d1556500000000001d1b560000000000000000
Cutthroat Boris: 0x00000006190c14450913a52913aab5e500000000001e44530000000000000000

If you get something different than the pictures here, let me know. It's my first try, I could have made a mistake. Their names (if there are any) might be different too.

Name: Gehrin
Fighting style: At Gehrin's hip rests a swift but short blade, the edge showing care but not much use: More used, but just as well cared-for, is the bow on his back. A full year Gehrin spent eating only what he could hunt himself in the Vilianese forests, and he can put an arrow into the heart of a man as well as he can put it into a deer. He is not a stranger to horses, but he considers them pack and travel animals, rather than war steeds. His armor is light, with his hands and head exposed to the elements, home-made leather keeping him warm.
Personality: Gehrin avoids the centers of conversation, preferring to watch from the edge of the firelight. When he does speak, every word is carefully measured and considered. He tries to discern the "right" of every discussion and situation, and doesn't hesitate to speak when needed.
Backstory: Asking Gehrin about his childhood reveals odd, puzzling hints about some unusual traditions in the Vilianese backwoods. He tells you of a childhood traveling with an uncle, wandering from village to village solving petty and helping where they can. Shortly after he reached puberty, he was sent to live alone in the forest for a full year, so he could learn to be self-reliant. The purpose of the year alone, he tells you, is because no man can truly decide what is right for others if they stand to benefit, so those who seek to take that responsibility must be self-sufficient. Asking after his parents yields less effective results than trying to interrogate a rock, and even inquiries after his surname only get you "I've not yet earned my right."
(Meta backstory: I have a running set of characters I refer to as "Scions" that I use: In D&D terms, they're typically Neutral Good, or something similar. CGs and LGs are not unheard of, for example. Scions live a life of servitude to the world as a whole, but have a great amount of latitude in how they pursue the betterment of the world. They're often traveling judges, as Gehrin's uncle is, and most will not hesitate to stop and help any random stranger, unless previous obligations or a greater need force them to keep moving. They deny all family ties outside of the organization, and stop using their own surname, because they do not serve a family, or their own glory. Among people who know about the Scions, they are given great respect and deference, but they're also smart enough to realize that the respect wont be forthcoming from people who don't know about the Scions.)
Likes: Honoring agreements, helping villagers, generally high-honor stuff.
Dislikes: Unnecessary murder and violence, especially mission-based murder. Once recruited, he trusts that your judgments are wise as to things like plundering villages, but he doesn't trust other lords' motivations, like murdering a merchant to weasel out of a debt.
Skills: A little riding and leadership, good power shot and tracking, very good persuasion. (2/2/4/4/10? Depends on balance, I guess.)
Proficiencies: Archery 140, One-handed 100. (Again, depends on balance.)

Oh, right. Yes Vilianese, forgot to mention :razz:
The Scions originated as an excuse for why I use the same name (Waladil) in many games, spanning different worlds and thousands of years. And why they're "good guys" like 95% of the time, too. I decided to create a fictional pseudo-religious order that follows the tenets set down by the first Waladil (who was made back in Everquest). Justice, honor, selflessness, that kind of nice-guy stuff. The rules of being a Scion are nearly nonexistent, as they lack any sort of central organization: Most people are inducted by another Scion, who is their teacher and role model. Many young Scions have to do the year alone, to learn self-sufficiency and also to provide a time to soul-search and find some real wisdom. Most go to the forest or similar environment, but a few unusual Scions have bent the rules and traveled to a faraway city. The crux is not that one is actually alone, but that one does not have prior relationships to provide for them: No friends, no family.

As adults, Scions will find their own way in the world, seeking to try to improve the place they live in. Again, rules are few and far between: Participation is entirely voluntary, and each follows his or her best judgement. Those that are pacifists will most often follow a wandering judge approach: Travel from village to village and mediate disputes that are too small to rate the local lord's attention, but too major for the locals to deal with alone. While they're around, Scions will often help where they can with other day-to-day matters around a village, treating sick or helping raise a barn, for example. More militaristic Scions might dedicate themselves to hunting down bandits, or adventuring to purge the world of all evil. Religion among Scions is common, as they do not deify the original Waladil. For obvious reasons, one is not likely to find a Scion worshiping an "evil" faith. Within SoD, any of the main religions would not be unusual choices, although Spiritual Enlightenment, Natural Philosophy, and the Old Gods would seem the most common.

Although a Scion will not try to claim glory for themselves or their family (Many only call themselves "Waladil Scion," taking the avoidance of glory to a whole new level), aging Scions will often retire from active seeking of good, and many start a family, upon which they'll encourage, but not force, their own children to become one.

There have been impostors posing as Scions in the past, manipulating people for their own gain. The only problem is that if you do so in an area where they are unknown, being an impostor does you no good, and if you do so in an area where they are known, you're posing as a member of a group that has no compunctions about killing you, if it serves to benefit the world. And most have the skills to back up the will, too.

I haven't written it out yet, but I'm presuming Gehrin has some shame in his past: He doesn't call himself a Scion, note. Perhaps a decision that went horribly wrong and made him question his own wisdom.

dont worry computice, thats my job :wink:

and btw i really like your scion concept. could make a cool side quest or story.

If you want, you can work out the dialogue for your companion yourself, otherwise i'l try my best with the information given.

AAH damn it ı was going to post Villianese, so this one is a bit played on the background :grin:

#npc24 = The Old Gods

Name: Gelu
Face code: 0x00000001800a6009455b8a96942a396200000000001cb6eb0000000000000000

Pictures:
oJXNF.jpg

And Gelu's arch enemy in the past
nvU4c.jpg

2PXNV.jpg

Personality:
Gelu is a soldier and a captain, that he clearly is not a talker. Whereas he respects his commander and never bothers him with his personal thoughts on matters just like a soldier do, Gelu tends to do what he sees right when it is time for him to decide.
-Gelu also is not shameful of being running away from battle. In fact he doesn't thing this kind of an act is running away.
-Gelu does not like barbarism, therefore pillaging villages is kind of an act he dislikes.
-Gelu calls us "friend". (To give a comparable example, the companion Rolf calls us "boss".)

Backstory :
Gelu, also known as Devil's Bane that he slew Kreegan -a feared slaver chief who led more than 500 slave crushers and pillaged several settlements in the southern regions of Ponavosa - and his army, is a ranger that showed early prowess among the ranks of Villanese military. He is a famed man, nearly a legend that he did this task only with 70 vilianese archers he trained and put an end to Kreegan's barbarism. But these information is not given by Gelu to the player, that Gelu does not like boasting. He only mentions of his past with services to the Marinian Republic moreover. He served to Marinian Republic more than he served to his country, that he is more of a Marinian than he is a Villianese. That is because of his personality that he does not like to follow orders from a commander. Therefore he prefers to lead his own troops in more of a freelancer way, and Marinian. His story will be told by the One Inspired companion that I am soon to post.

Fighting style:
Gelu is a ranger. He is sharp-deadly from distance and a formidable foe at close range with his blade, not to mention he is also extremely powerful in medium range. Moreover, Gelu is also experienced in ambushes and hit-and-runs.

Equipment:
Padded Leather Armor
Khergit Leather Boots
Long Bow
Barbed Arrows
Bastard Sword

Here's a picture of the items. Items that are in the right inventory(equipment chest) are not related to Gelu.
3T0Ul.jpg

Abilities, Proficiencies and Skill:
Gelu is a skilled archer and an even more skilled trainer, that every commander wants to have in his/her company. He is also capable of leading a hit and run strategy.

Abilities:
Strength - 15
Agility - 21
INT - 11
CHA - 14

Notable skills (notable, but not because all of these skills are his proffession. It is so because of the design. Take leadership for example. These are must be):
Trainer - 10
Power draw - 7
Leadership - 6
Power strike - 5
Tactics - 4

Proficiencies:
Archery - 230
Two handed - 130
One handed - 90

Dialogue
Gel - Gelu
Adv - Adventurer
*The player starts the conversation by hitting the 'action' button towards Gelu.
Gel: Looking for something?
Adv:
1- I may be. What is the occasion?
2- Oh sorry, I'm looking for a drink and a bed for tonight. I don't mean to bother you.
Gel: There is no occasion. You were the one looking at me. Are there something you wish to ask?
Adv:
1- There may be. You look like a ranger.
2- Yes there is. Are there any artifacts in Ponavosa? If so can you please stay away from them?
Gel: Yes I am a ranger. But not the tracker and pathfinder type. I call the woods as my home. I truly mean it. If anyone or anything threatens the beauties of the nature and life, I do my best to put an end to it's existence. I guard the beauties and living beings with my life. Yet, this means I have to take care of my life in order to being able to defend the nature longer sometimes. Skirmishing is always a better form of strategy rather than casting your life away needlessly to defend things you value.
Gel: Because of this reason and some other reasons; it is better for me to serve to the Republic of Marinia as a freelancer rather than serving to the thick headed Villianese chiefs. Even though, that doesn't mean I don't miss Villianese forests. Marinian deserts are not as endless as the Zerrikanian and Sarranid ones, but the lands here is dry enough to sadden my heart. Yet, that doesn't mean I can't defend the rest of the living here. In fact someone has to try caring the remaining plants here. I go and talk with every plant I see, I try to give them courage and tell about the forests of my motherland in a hope to give them morale of resistance.
Adv:
1- Talking with plants is an old tradition that really works from what I've heard. It is very noble of you to choose this path.
2- Are you talking with plants? HAHA! I laugh at your face, you stupid tree lover!
Gel: There are very few people who have heard such old traditions, and even fewer people who can understand them. Too bad most of our traditions are lost during the barbarian invasions.
Gel: Hmm. Hey we haven't met properly have we? My name is Gelu. But... as I see, this name doesn't mean anything to you if I am not mistaken to think that you are a stranger to the Ponavosan lands.
Adv:
1- Well... yes. It doesn't, actually. Presuming you are a famed person, what did you do to earn your fame?
2- You know what? I got bored of you, people who pretend that I should know them.
Gel: Nothing of importance actually. Let's talk about you my friend. You seem like an adventurer. Despite many high born people call it as "a vulture come to grow fat on this miserable lands", I prefer to say "a wanderer who wishes to explore different realms" when describing folks like you. But that doesn't mean you can't be both. In case you are running a band of warriors, maybe you may want me in your company.
Gel: If you ask what is my most promising ability, that I have trained many sharpshooters for the Villianese Army. That is before, of course, I leave the army. Well... I can train ranged units into very precise sharpshooters. Also, I can teach some close fighting tecnhiques to melee units as well.
Adv:
1- That would be most appropriate. You seem like a useful and good man. There is no other man deserving to be hired before you.
2- Actually I'm trying to stay away recruiting warriors who may cause a Reckoning for the Ponavosan lands.
Gel: ...And there is no other warrior in Ponavosa to travel with and fight with shoulder to shoulder. It is good that I have other fellows who will take care of the plants. Yet I am excited to being able to see Farewell the deserts of Ponavosa.
Adv:
1- Then, be prepared. We will be leaving soon my friend.
2- I'm afraid I have no room in my party.
Gel: Give me a few seconds to prepare and I'll be ready to move.

This character is inspired from Gelu, a major character from Heroes of Might and Magic series. (III: Shadow of Death, III: Armageddon's Blade, Chronicles and IV). Note it's just inspired, not exactly same.
More information for this fictional character:
http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Gelu

Sorry for stealing the slot, man.
I remember Gelu! He's a total badass. Good job on not making him a straight rip, but writing a new, albeit similar, character.

Naah you didn't stole any slot. You just acted earlier than me and therefore deserved it :smile:
Thanks for your comment. I also liked those scions and I believe one of the companions I have made so far, Krewlod, shows characteristics of a scion. Maybe you may want to check if he makes a good scion so maybe you may want to add him to the scions. Here's link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,173283.msg5060236.html#msg5060236

@manekemaan
I believe you can use this format for the first page. This way it will all fit in the first post, and creators of the companion can fix errors easily.
#npc23 = The one inspired
#npc24 = The old gods inspired
#npc25 =The Void inspired
#npc26 =Natural philosphy inspired

TBH I'm not sure if I'm not that comfortable "adding" people to the Scions. Mostly because they started as an excuse to use similar characters in different games. I'm flattered that you guys like them so much, though!
Krewlod is the right kind of guy, to be sure. If friendships and rivalries are set up between these characters, Gehrin'd probably be friends with Krewlod, and an enemy of Bardok, the void guy. Killing just to kill, not because they deserve it? No way.

haha i really like the way this is going :grin:

master ronin, i'l rewrite the first topic like that as soon as i have the time. If you could find the time to do it i'l copy it tough :grin:

nice companion once again, I like gelu as villianese, but I seem to like Gehrin better because of the survival and year in solitude etc, seems more villianese like.

Could it be possible to change Gelu to an crossbowman, as +- the seem tactics are possible with these?

Back
Top Bottom