The companions I'm making

Do you like the idea of the new companions?

• Yes

Votes: 192 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • You lazy ass making us do the work! :p

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • Try... read my post

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, what about "Sarpedon". This name comes from one of side characters in Iliad. Look for the second one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarpedon

Very nice companion but isn`t he a bit young to be very tough and experianced? i mean he is just 20. should`t he be more like 30?

Aetius is a nice old roman name...he was a general or something

for us, 20 is young ^^ but you should take into consideration that people died way earlier at that age, and imagine when he started fighting when he was 12, he has eight years of experience in his profession. These days, with studying and all, people with 8 years of experience are like, 33 :p

edit: i edited the first post to contain Aetius. I will do this for every companion me or you guys creat that I like. good luck

Yeah u have a point. If Aetius was noble born he would have probably started weapon training by the age of 8 so it makes sense. maybe he could be from a low level noble family.

Allright here is my try:

npc21 Zerikian inspired

Name: Zhdan (a Kievan Rus name ) ((WIP))

Background: Born into slavery to one of the noble families of the Zerikian Sultanate he toiled under the merciless whips of his masters in a stone quarry until he was dragged to war to fight for his master against an Antarian noble over some land dispute. He was given an axe and along with hundreds of other slaves was forced to charge the center of the antarian battle line. The battle was a disaster, the zerikinan`s were defeated and the surviving slaves were simply left to die on the battlefield. Being only lightly wounded he managed to stumble away from the battlefield to a nearby village. The villagers nursed him back to health and in return he stayed and worked for them for an entire season. As winter was coming and the village was already very poor and half starved and could not afford another mouth to feed for the winter he gathered the few belongings he had and left for the nearest town. He was free form a life of slavery but had nothing except the clothes on his back and a rusty two handed axe scavanged from the battlefield so he set up to try and make something of his life as a hired worker, a guard, a sellsword, for whomever would hire him.............and that`s when he meets the Player.

Personality: Values freedom for himself and others (naturally) hates the zerikian sultanate and any who use slaves and abuse the weak (like bandits) he would hate the Player if he were to sell prisoners to the slave trader (i forgot his name). He wants to travel and see the world and most of all wishes to be treated humanly ( payment food etc). He likes other low born people (companions). Only hates noble companion that resemble his former masters.

Fighting style: He has received no military training at all but working in a stone quarry (and surviving) for most of his life have made him very strong. He doesn`t know how to fight mounted (or ride for that matter) doesn`t use a longbow or sword and shield combination or polearms like halebards voulges pikes etc.  He favors a two handed weapon a shield on his back and a crossbow (maybe musket later) because they don`t require a lifetime of training to use effectively. His strength allows him to wear heavy armors and fight in them.

so what do u guys think?
Also i`m thinking a scarred face as a portrait, maybe also missing an eye from the battle

very nice

one remark: why wouldn't he like selling to the ransom brokers? They sell the people they buy back to their families (thus the reason why u get more gold for a knight than for a peasant)

I think it would be more logical if he would get a serieus hatred for you if you recruited your prisoners into your party.

He would like selling to ransom brokers, there is a slave trader also in game (or was ) Ramon or Ramus or something that he would obviously hate.
As for recruting prisoners in your party...they are not slaves, they are paid and fight alongside your main troops as equals so he wouldn`t be oposed to giving them a second chance. After all he gets a second chance as well when the player meets him.

#npc20 = Aden inspired

Name: Glordan
Fighting style: Glordan is a heavy armored typical knight. He uses a great lance and a shield, and two kinds of sword. An one handed, in case he gets dismounted, and a twohander, in case he is fighting against mostly infantery.
Personality: Glordan is hard to read charismatic man. He is starting to feel himself getting older and is angry about it. He always tries to prove he is still capable of the same deeds as any man or woman younger than him. Next to his competitive nature he is a typical noble of the kingdom of aden. Able to talk for houres and houres without getting bored. This talking did get him his charisma tough.
Backstory: A livelong loyal knight in the kingdom of Aden, now living for his own in Ponavosa. He used to be a small land owner but was more renowned for his skills in battles. He fought in many a tournament and with the prize money he was able to buy the armor he cleans everyday: a shiny full plate. He also bought his horse. A rather unique, heave armored war beast on which he survived many battles, not only because of his armor, but because of his brave horse.

The backside of this was that many  other nobles, as nobles do, became jealous of him. They started plotting to get rid of him. In time they were able to get him into some sceme that costed him his wife, his daughter and his land. Of this Glordan never talks. Never.

glordan.jpg

Nice companion, im liking the modest knight background, but shouldn`t you try to develop his personality like Computica said?
I mean you have a modest knight , skilled in battle and charismatic, that lost everything he ever loved ...his wife and daughter and land (which was probably passed on by his father and his father before him and so on) + the fact that he never talks about this. I think we have everything we need for a "black" knight  chaotic anti-good like Computica said.

Eager to seek retribution against his wrong doers, and charismatic he would have no trouble attracting unhappy men soldiers deserters bandits etc to his banner. And the player is just a means to an end for him...weather in the end he remeins loyal to the Player or leaves it`s what makes character creating so fun :grin:

Annyway im not saying he has to be like this but maybe we should try to develop their personalities a bit more and also go "to the dark side" :razz: and faith side also :smile:

Remember you all should write out the companions dialog. It's nice to have a bio on companions but the only way to let that bio be known to the player is by having well written (in-game) dialog that tells that companion's story just like the Native companions.

believe me its more work than it seems to write out a good dialogue for a character making sure the player understands who he is.

ow, and here i only make scetches, i will work them out eventually

Here's my try. For name and which one inspired, I could not decide so I left them out blank.

#npc26 = Naturel Phylosophy inspired

Name: Calvic

Background story:
MisterX is a russian agent by best. His real name is unknown, but he is famed all around Ponavosa. He calls himself "the white chameleon" as many people know him by that name. He served many lords and kings during wars without being noticed. As it's turned out to be that he's been a dual agent during the vaegir-rhodok wars, King Yaroglek ordered him to be captured and executed. As other vaegir agents are no match to their superior, they failed to find any trail of the famed white chameleon. He turned to dust, and his whereabouts became unknown for several years. During this time the white chameleon, worked underground on minor errands and conspiracies. This has happened since the famed hero "Playername" found him in a tavern and decided to hire his services.

Fighting style:
The white chameleon is no warrior. Therefore, during a war he keeps his range from his foes as much as possible. It is most likely to see, the white chameleon does rather well with a lighter throwing weapon, a crossbow and a slipperily short dagger. As it should be expected, he often uses tricks to gain adventage over his adversaries.

Equipment: Red gambeson, Leather boots, throwing daggers.

Personality:
The white chameleon knows no boundaries. Any commander or noble can hire him with the right price, but should think twice before turning their back after the audience. He is loyal only to money. Besides, the white chameleon have a special interest for woman and he is very capable of meeting his need.

Abilities, Proficiencies and skills:
He is a master of disguise at his best, and master of a charmer at second. If there is that the white chameleon famed after his chameleon-like skills, it's his bedchamber skills. He surely knows how to drag a woman to bed. This even makes his job easier sometimes. The only concern he may have that his age is very old and he becamo to be a bit weary.

Abilities:
STR - 9
AGI - 13
INT - 16
CHA - 18

Skills:
Spotting - 10
Persuasion - 6
Power throw - 1

Proficincies-
Throwing - 150
Crossbows - 130
One-Handed - 90

Here are some of his schemy works (bigsized pictures):
aEHEm.jpg

Ie51O.jpg

BB7Fm.jpg

2rbGV.jpg

r89d4.jpg

5mAg1.jpg

ML0Yd.jpg

TGJfw.jpg

VmhP7.jpg

p8mDp.jpg

fqmGu.jpg

Dialog:
Adv - adventurer/player.
Cha - the white chameleon

The adventurer begins a conversation by clicking action button on a bald, lonely drinker.
Adv - Greetings. Excuse my curiosity, but what are you drinking?
Cha - it's my daily bread and best friend after a bar wench, vodka.
Adv -
1-Mind if I join you old man? I am an adventurer and I am to explore the mystic beverages of the world.
2-Hmm good luck on drinking that odd thing. (ends conversation)
Cha - Sure you can. Hey bartender get us another cup o' poison! *cough
Adv -
1-It looks like you need a break my old fellow. Your throat needs a rest.
2-Stop coughing towards me or I'll make a hole in your throat so that thing can never go to your stomach anymore. (ends conversation)
Cha - B'ah. Seems like you know nothing about alcoholic beverages. I need it to smooth that wound on me throat. Let me tell you what happened before you, my curious fellow, would ask. Weeks ago I have blackmailed some two idiotic men in Praven. I made my way to here and I thought there was no way for them to track me down. But it seems I was wrong, yesterday I we have encountered at the main street. Luckily I was a good runner in my youth, so despite my world-weariness I have escaped them. Still, it seems I hurt my throat a little while running.
Adv -
1- Hmm you have said you blackmailed them? For how much?
2- And you count yourself as a sharper?I could blackmail three guys and a child without being noticed later on. (ends conversion)
Cha - it was a mere 1000 denars. But you know what? I have more important problem than a irritated throat. you see those two guys there? Yes yes that freelancer and mercenary... They are the ones who've been looking for me, and when I go outside of the tavern it is likely for me to meet my pitiful end. The only thing keeping then to hold me right now is they think they have been undiscovered. More bad that since we're talking here, you've become involved. They will think I am dealing with you with their money. If you give me 1000 denars right now I can save both of us and get out of here. As a repayment I can offer my services. I can offer my services. I am a good scout.
Adv -
1- Allright take this money and prepare yourself to leave soon, I'll be waiting outside
2- 1000 denars? Get lost you beggar, and get your stinkin hands off me!
Cha - Sure. Let's meet outside.

Apparently nothing he says is true to the player. He simply gotten 1000 denars from the player; but with a reasonably very low price if you think he is a legendary agent. After a while wandering with the player, he sees the potencial within the player character and reveals that he is the legendary white chameleon and decided to back to political business again. That happens when the player comes near to Reyvadin that it is the place where he started real business.

very nice touch :grin:

indeed pretty hard to stick to a inspiration within sod :p

marinian could be, his interest in money
vilianese could be, his ability to camouflage
void could be, his assasin like thinking

Glad you liked it :smile:
I was adding a dialog line during the meantime. So you may want to check it out too.

Actually I was thinking one of the non-faction based ones. Since it is never loyal to a faction.

Edit: and these parts too
Apparently nothing he says is true to the player. He simply gotten 1000 denars from the player; but with a reasonably very low price if you think he is a legendary agent. After a while wandering with the player, he sees the potencial within the player character and reveals that he is the legendary white chameleon and decided to back to political business again. That happens when the player comes near to Reyvadin that it is the place where he started real business.

Equipment: Red gambeson, Leather boots, throwing daggers.

Back
Top Bottom