The companions I'm making

Do you like the idea of the new companions?

• Yes

Votes: 192 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • You lazy ass making us do the work! :p

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • Try... read my post

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A companion i'd like would be a weak peasant that you can transform into a knight/warrior/captain mercenary or someone that has a bit of an upgrade tree like perks you can activate for him/her. How the democracy in sod 5 was with the 4 pages of perks but make it more of a list and once you activate them you cant go back, meaningful perks like "does twice the damage but lacks more speed - makes the character bigger in scale but not fat" or perks like "battle scars - your companion endures a lot more but has bear scars or something" sure you could just level him up and and change his looks but it wont have much of a 'kool' impact like the democracy was

hmm... well. Companions always complain and or tell a story... but nothing ever comes of their story/feuds..

If they hate said faction so bad why arn't they trying to convince/provoke a war between you and that said faction.
or starting a squable with another compainion.. I would rofl to see 2 compains just start slapping eachother XD

With that. I return.. I was gone for like a year.. glad to see sod is still kickin' it lol

I'd like to have maybe more than 16 depending on the size of the map, cuz i'd doubt that in a town there'd be nobody wanting to join some lord on a advantage that will pay you to fight, to me it sounds like a good deal, to a peasant its a deal already made.. I'm not saying add peasants as companions, im saying give a couple of companions backstories of peasants and being rebellious.. And with some companions have a mission to be able to unlock them... perhaps lead a rebellion against a feared lord of the town and storm the castle with a horde of people with pitchforks.. and you unlock the peasant thats second in command of the rebellion as a campanion... This could get frustrating if you just want a companion so perhaps make it optional

HopeSlayer said:
hmm... well. Companions always complain and or tell a story... but nothing ever comes of their story/feuds..

If they hate said faction so bad why arn't they trying to convince/provoke a war between you and that said faction.
or starting a squable with another compainion.. I would rofl to see 2 compains just start slapping eachother XD

With that. I return.. I was gone for like a year.. glad to see sod is still kickin' it lol

try the wedding dance, if companions start whining you can just let them fight each other and be done with it.

Building on the idea of cimpanions knowing each other, could you hire say a trio or a duo of companions who grew up together etc. Could build a really nice back story around that :smile:

And, if possible, a "random" named companion (maybe a few) who joins your party and in one of the battles you fight he turns on you and tries to kill you. Completely random, say 10% per battle?, that he tries to kill you. If you kill him, you reclaim all his stuff and it gets dead ended, if you knock him uncouncious you can interogate him after the battle ad if he kills you you fall unconcious, he escapes (and you can "rehire" him. A different person with a new name and face) and the battle must be fought to its end.

Another idea is a very head strong character who, if you annoy or lose too many baatles, challenges you for rule of your party. Depending on party morale, your troops can capture him (then release or execute, release you can rehire him say 6 weeks later with no chance of him doing it again) or he challenges you to fight. If you lose, he takes everything but your personal equipment, some of your food and 50% of your gold. The other companions are dispersed to taverns again. The rebel NPC is hostile to you immediatly. You can fight him in 1 vs 1 or attempt to destroy his army. If you fight him 1 vs 1, and you win you regain your party, gold and supples + an extra 5% gold on what he took per week he was in command from party (through raiding etc). If you destroy his army you get the gold equivalent of the price of each man you kill. Those you knock uncouncious can be killed. Regain your gold and supplies. When you find your first companion again it would be good if you could send them to re-find all your compains, 1 week per companion.

I know these are harsh but I truly don't think there are enough crippling, soul destroying, throwyourkeyboardoutthewindow, moments in most mods. You're too nice, be evil :twisted:

I think most of your ideas can be implemeted but for that to happen they can't be a companion like the other 16 from native. They'll actually have to be uniquely scripted.

Id like to see a plethora of evil characters added.

Stuff like a rogue Devourer, Priest of the Void etc.

I like to play a dishonourable fellow, ya see.

Maybe priests of all religions could be added as companions and have some ability to "knight" nobles into faith troops? Just an idea.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I'll add that to the list under creating pious personalities. I like this idea, I'll call this personality chaotic. They like when you do evil things and dislike when you do good things.

How about a handful that can only been gained through random events? Such as a MAD PROPHET! He would first appear, asking for his nailcippers... If you give him your own nailclippers, he is so touched that he weeps and wanders off. Several events fire, causing faith to rise in your kingdom... and random peasants to give you jars of nailclippings... but eventually the mad prophet returns, leading a ten faith troops into your army!

PS: Why do people think the void is evil? Because they wear black?

You know, with such a big world, Maybe there ought to be more than 16.  :wink:

BTW, adding extra code for companions is well and good, but I do remain skeptical on whether that's going to be the best implementation of companions; remember that Mount & Blade's main appeal is the sandbox nature of it, the more you script in, the fewer options that players have; and that will be detrimental to the mod.

Maybe a companion can be faction-specific. "When you choose your nation or religion, you'll start with a certain companion in your party." Could be an interesting deal.

Well, I'd really hope that there would be faction-specific companions, whose stories would also tell you about the culture of the factions they came from;  I'd also like to see maybe one or two old friends from native companions return, as well.  They could update you on the history of events since the last update. 

faction specific would be nice indeed. Note: all the old companions remain. I'm just planning to add 16 more.

i Had 16 companions almost done, but i'l try to do the faction companions first. then i'l finish my 16 companions.

For them to start with you (like the strategy advisor) that is computica's work :p

My own 16 companions are completely tought out and I only needed to add text to them.

Since you guys rather wanted faction based companions, I need you all to help me think of a 16 new companions based on what I said in the first post.

My try:

#npc22 = Imperial inspired

Name: Aetius
Fighting style: Aetius is young tough very experienced in combat. He spends a lot of time training others in both combat as in combat tactics. His own fighting style is based on his search of glory. He knows of the need to fight in tactical formations. He is a very capable shield wall member with his spear and shield, but as soon as he can he likes the charge into the enemy lines throwing a couple spears first. Once engaged in close combat he throws his shield to his back for protection against arrows he can't dodge. Then he pulls out his deadly two handed sword. Once in combat Aetius never backs down until all enemies are dead.
Personality:Self-righteous. Does everything to make sure his name will be remembered until the end of time. Will never attack weaklings because there is no glory to gain from it. Under his search for glory he has a kind nature, maybe his unwillingnes to fight the weaklings is not based on glory...
Backstory: Trained in the imperial lands. Aslym advanced trough the ranks rather quickly. Being not from noble blood and unable to achieve highest ranks, Aslym saw his glory limitid. He left the imperial legion and started his own warband. He and his band has many victories because of his awesome tactics and good leadership. His men admired him for his fighting skills and intelligence.

Maybe when he meets you he might just give up this warband and will try to find glory on your side.

Aslym can be discribed as a sophisticated warrior who fights good on his own and in group. Unbeatable in melee, deadly from medium range, good looking from a distance.

Aetius VS 16 Sea Raiders at hard difficulty
Aslym-1.jpg

ps: jea i'm good :grin: :lol:

I still did not understand clearly. In your first post, #npc23 was said to be the one inspired and called as "Meru". In your latest post you named it Aslym and made it Imperial inspired.

To talk about Aslym:
Everything is perfect, but I believe another name could be greater. That his name sounds like "asylum" while he seems to have a sanity-oriented brain.

Sorry was suposed to be #22 imperial inspired.

I edited the first post to try and make it more clear.

Forget those companions I made, we are making 16 competely new companions based on factions because the polls told us they are most wanted.

Any name sugestions for aslym?

Back
Top Bottom