The command interface is obsolete, downright silly and needs a total overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Where did this come from? And what would I possibly be hoping to gain from pointing out something I feel should definitely be improved or revised? Some people just baffle me.

I NEVER allow skilled Horse skirmishers anywhere near me .. I always order my HC to attack if they get too close. If they get pass my HC into the back, that is where my Reserve is waiting - Elite troops = dead LC.

I place myself behind the second infantry line, in the center, fairly safe from accurate fire.

giphy.gif

@MRay For many (new) players this will be usefulI am glad that you have finally implemented as an option as as you hinted at earlier here. I'm also glad to see you playing with Legacy UI :iamamoron: (thanks @Ling* :lol: )

Lmao a TW player who pauses battles what a virgin
I do that when I play, or slow the time. There's sometimes too much going on and too much micromanaging to handle everything at normal speed.

I also grew up with turn-based tactical games so fast-paced RTS style gaming was never my thing. I like to take my time and plan.

Glad to hear we will be getting a slowed time fuction when we issue commands, because that command UI is clunky and time-consuming.

I NEVER allow skilled Horse skirmishers anywhere near me .. I always order my HC to attack if they get too close. If they get pass my HC into the back, that is where my Reserve is waiting - Elite troops = dead LC.

I place myself behind the second infantry line, in the center, fairly safe from accurate fire.

Sure. That works, of course. Horse archers die in instants when i play Empire with emphasis on elite cataphracts. What if you're doing a playthrough with emphasis on footmen and crossbowmen, with the occasional horse archer skirmishing force? Also, even if I decide to funnel those troops myself with a smaller force and a shield, why does my shield arm drops whenever I issue a simple order? Does that make ANY sense to you?
And it's not the same with Battania, of course. Sometimes they just have a single counter to HA: staying on a hill and peppering them with arrows. Different tactic, same issue: even if I'm behind the first line I'll definitely get some flak when I'm issuing the simplest of orders. And my shield arm will drop, of course. That is my issue, did you read the post in its entirety?
Also also: let's be honest. Few people play this game standing behind two lines. Most people, I'm quite sure, usually run amok with their cavalry. Hence the title, mount&blade. It's not yell&sit. Still, if you want to play that way it should be more than playable, fun, engaging and the like. It should be approachable from many different angles - yet the issue of giving orders = losing time and being completely vulnerable for no reason exists nonetheless.

Also also: let's be honest. Few people play this game standing behind two lines. Most people, I'm quite sure, usually run amok with their cavalry. Hence the title, mount&blade. It's not yell&sit. Still, if you want to play that way it should be more than playable, fun, engaging and the like. It should be approachable from many different angles - yet the issue of giving orders = losing time and being completely vulnerable for no reason exists nonetheless.

Yes, you are correct, most people want the fun of mass hacking of the enemy, I do it sometimes myself .. and mostly die ! :grin: I find it too difficult to run around hacking while issuing orders.

You're referring to dropping shields when issuing orders. Sorry I misunderstood.

Hello,

Thank you for showing that new option, it is going to be very helpful for the ones that are not so young and with hand-eye coordination a little bit lagging. I know real time is more immersive, but it definitely can be challenging for some of us.

So, in order to keep the immersive experience for the hardcore player, this feature can be an option in the Options Menu for people to enable/disable at will so it does not interfere with the immersion if someone wants to play everything real time.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer
Looks good. Combined with the pre-battle deployment that's supposed to come with order of battle update, it'll be a big help!
One other bit I'd like is if there was also way to save our pre-battle deployment preference (formations and map position) so we don't always have to do it if say we use the same set up 9/10 battles.

That's an awesome idea!
I would go one further: if we can save a couple pre-battle deployments that would be great, like one if the enemy has mostly cavalry and another one if you are facing mostly infantry. But, being able to save a single pre-battle deployment only, is better than nothing. So, excellent idea.

Thank you,
APC

PS: I'm quite impressed with the responsiveness of the Dev team in the posts I've seen so far. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom