The Clothes Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

General Gobblecoque said:
Jungle boots are for summer wear, and rely on the principle of "water; easy in, easy out". I wore Altima All-Leather for a few years, they're pretty good all-year jungle-boot pattern boot.

As for clothing, I try not to buy new. Wearing out what I have for everyday wear.

Though I had a three piece silk suit tailor made in Vietnam, ironically.
That wasn't silk, it was dog.

kurczak said:
Arvenski said:
Problem solved, then :smile:
Yeah, I was really only linking that one to show you what I'd been looking at. I was already opting against buying it.

kurczak said:
All of that is true plus the whenever you lean against something or just generally get in contact with anything - seats, people in the crowd, anything - the fibers get messed up and it looks kinda blotchy until you brush it and realign the fibers. It's not a deal breaker, more like a mild annoyance. I'm also not a huge fan of elastic waistbands, but it shows less on a really skinny person and/or if you wear it unzipped. I'm not saying don't, it's a decent jacket, I just like the Hilfiger one better, but if you are on a tight budget, the $25 difference (assuming equal shipping) can tip the scales.
Hmm, well that does sound annoying. I agree that the TH is a better choice; I've been raised to consider practicality as the most important thing, and the TH does seem the more practical choice. It's just that I saw that microsuede one and... kinda swooned a bit. I guess I just needed to hear it from somebody else that the TH one was the better option. :razz:

Tagging people in just to have your already formed opinion confirmed, because your brain translates it as "you have a great taste, buddy, good job, here's some dopamine or whatever".

Looking at stuff you shouldn't/can't afford to buy is also pretty good though.

kurczak said:
Tagging people in just to have your already formed opinion confirmed, because your brain translates it as "you have a great taste, buddy, good job, here's some dopamine or whatever".
That's not exactly what I was doing; I'm sorry if it seemed that way or if I seemed rude at any point (I didn't mean to be). In the back of my head I knew which one was probably the better choice, but I'm kinda new to clothes shopping and I wanted to run my ideas past someone in case they saw/knew something I didn't, which was likely. Plus it's be easier to ask on here than ask my mom (my other source of clothing advice) and be expecting her to roll her eyes when I showed her that I was even looking at a fancy jacket. :lol:

I really struggle to think of more unnecessarily annoying and frustrating experiences than going clothes shopping when I was a kid. 3hrs to find one item that looks 'cool' enough. Nowadays I avoid shopping altogether...unless it's a coat or fancy **** maybe.

BNS Marko said:
I really struggle to think of more unnecessarily annoying and frustrating experiences than going clothes shopping when I was a kid. 3hrs to find one item that looks 'cool' enough. Nowadays I avoid shopping altogether...unless it's a coat or fancy **** maybe.
the internet has been my salvation when it comes to shopping.

Finally got myself a detachable starched front (a dickey) for my white tie. One step closer to perfection  :grin:

_FR9j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom