SP - General "The Clan"

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I think there should be more than Noble and temporary "Rebel" clans. I think there should be at least "Trading clans" and "Bandit clans" as well.

Base feature: Label/categorize clans.

The current labels are "Noble", "Mercenary" and "Temporary/Rebel"

The categories I can see existing right now is:
A noble clan is all current main-faction- clans. All current clans in factinos are Noble clans. Everything that exists on clan management currently is for the default Noble clans. <Above the label, I will not cover their functionality any deeper>

A Mercenary clan is the clan of a minor faction. <Above the label, I will not cover their functionality any deeper>

A Rebel clan is a soon-to-be-noble-if-successful. <Above the label, I will not cover their functionality any deeper>

And here is the new clan-types covered by this suggestion:

Feature: AI connected to clan label/category.
Feature: Depending on category, leveling the clan provides different benefits

Trading clan/Merchant familly
In each realm there is several merchant- famillies reprecenting the burgher-class. They spawn partners to their adult children, who joins the clan. They focus on trade alone, upgrading the trading clan unlocks more caravans. AI Trading clans is not and can not be members of any kingdom. They are massively against warfare. Merchant notables favours a trading clan, and put their influence behind them. Trading clans spend influence on keeping the peace and protecting their caravans(they can get better caravan-troops with influence)

Players as trading clan: Can't become a mercenary, swear fealty or form kingdom(Does not have the kingdom tab.) and can't rule holdings. They have an extended pool of merchant-quest. They can upgrade recruits into caravanguards.

Bandit clan
Each bandit hideout is "ruled" by a bandit-clan. Gang leaders might favour a Bandit clan and put their influence behind them. They spawn partyleaders(not companions, "familly-members"). Bandit clans with a hideout pay very little for troops, they have lots(+200%) of very small parties(partysize -50%).

Player as bandit clan: Is a weat dream of mine and has an idea of how it chould/could work but the game lacks too much support for it atm. If this or something simelar became true, I´d love to suggest a way forward!

Retainie clan
This is a noble-to-be/low nobility clan. They are spawned out misery - a notable in low protected villages might spawn one. Village landowners might support a Retainie clan, providing their influence as a income(also pays less to their noble lord). Kings needing new vassals can recruit one such low.noble, promoting it to a Noble clan. They are small bands mainly policing the land around their supporters villages. Level up the clan gives very little- they remain few in numbers and low party-count.

Player as Reteinie Clan: Yes. Via a issue in poor villages. Special pool of quests with lord and supporters.

Personally, that sounds too complicated.

Every clan should either be a noble clan (affiliated) or a "mercenary" clan (non affiliated). This would allow us to hire clans that have become ronin, i.e. masterless.

Every clan should either be a noble clan (affiliated) or a "mercenary" clan (non affiliated). This would allow us to hire clans that have become ronin, i.e. masterless.
Base feature: Label/categorize clans.

The current labels are "Noble", "Mercenary" and "Temporary/Rebel"

What you ask for here is exactly my base request, isn't it? :smile:

Below that is only examples what could follow the label. THink what modders could do if clans were labeled, labels could be added and get their own AI and their own progression paths - They could create AI or player clans for any purpuse, just restrict them to their area via the label.

What you ask for here is exactly my base request, isn't it? :smile:

Below that is only examples what could follow the label. THink what modders could do if clans were labeled and labels could be added and get their own AI - They could create AI or player clans for any purpuse, just restrict them to their area via the label.

It is! But yours is more complicated. I'm not disagreeing. I'm simplifying. :smile:

It is! But yours is more complicated. I'm not disagreeing. I'm simplifying. :smile:
I don't know how mine is complicated :smile: It´s just a label in the clan configuration XML. "Clan Tryvenyal is a Noble clan". That would spawn the clan as a noble clan, make it behave as noble clan etc. I´m sure this is already there, hidden behind semi-hardcoded identifiers somewhere.
The core is to visualize this. Let me search for "Mercenary" in clan XML and get a hit for all mercenary clans. Whould not do anything on it´s own, more than making more seachable config XMLs.
Step 2 is to enable custom categorizes, beyond Noble and Mercenary
  1. Set rules(What differs them from other clan-types). EG "Can rule Castles" is a rule for a Noble clans among alot other but not a rule allowed for Mercenary clans.
  2. Set priorities(AI, focus etc) Connect a behavour to the clan type.
  3. How does the clantype progress? What happens when they level up the clan? What gives reknown? etc
All this is already there for Noble and Mercenaries. My suggestion is "only" to visualize it and de-hardcode it.

Is that more or less complicated than now? I don't know.

I have commented in your thread. I very agree with it but it has little in common with this topic :smile:

There are hundreds of more suitable threads for this discussion. I like that AI sends out their nest suited available Noble as a partyleader.
I don't like it.

They even make their pregnant wife a party leader.
I don't know how many times I have read the message that a female hero died in battle and it turns out she was pregnant.

The AI should never make a pregnant Clan Member a party leader and should disband the party.

Back
Top Bottom