The Change No One Wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 This is ridiculous! I waited for over 30 min for a Captain game in WNA -- and still no game! Splitting the community means dispersing the community and there aren't enough players for a game! Ping is irrelevant when there is no one to play with! Please consolidate the NA servers again!

We received a number of complaints saying that people couldn't play at all due to latency to our East coast servers, so we decided to add West as an additional region for those players. You are still free to pick which region you queue for, however, we will continue to explore additional solutions nevertheless.

We received a number of complaints saying that people couldn't play at all due to latency to our East coast servers, so we decided to add West as an additional region for those players. You are still free to pick which region you queue for, however, we will continue to explore additional solutions nevertheless.
I am sure everyone can appreciate the effort by TaleWorlds to provide better service to more players by improving server options. But, if economic realities preclude the preferred situation of a single, central location, then the time to split into two server regions was 10 months ago, or, optimistically, maybe in the future when there’s a full release/big sale that brings in many new players. As is, every player in NA knows that there aren’t even enough players to fill one server region, let alone two. I have to believe that TW also knows this from their data.

When the NA West servers were announced, I had hoped that there would be some sort of combined matchmaking for NA that could preferentially move a lobby to either east or west. Even randomly choosing one or the other would be workable, but having them totally separate is not viable. Even if some new and returning players are enticed in by the promise of lower ping in the west, it won’t be enough to compensate for the loss from the split, and both regions will suffer unless everyone simply chooses to stick with one.

An option to queue for both NA East and West simultaneously is probably the bare minimum change that might make the public matchmaking system sustainable given two locations and current player numbers.

this was a HORRIBLE idea, why cant you guys just get central servers so the pings are somewhat equal ??? someone needs to be held accountable for this horrid idea and get central servers NOW, we have been asking for central servers since your game came out and you decide to split the community by releasing WEST servers? HELLO?????? 12 jereeds was also an AMAZING idea !

- NABB AND WEEKEND CUP HOST CHWOSKI

I gotta agree with chowski, I am a West Coast Player and while I enjoy 33 ping as opposed to 99 I'd rather be in a connected community rather than a split one. I can think of 2 decent options.

1. Make it so that players can select multiple regions to que for
2. Just give U.S. Central servers ffs

I personally prefer the first option because it is just more convenient but for real you people need to speak out loud to yourself to sound check your ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
because whoever makes decisions for MP (servers especially) isn't very good at their job. sorry but that's how it is.
no custom servers, not all regions have official servers, NA is split, etc. hard to call it unlucky bad choices at this point.

Literally 0 of the complaints were asking for two seperate servers, we all were asking for the servers to be moved to a central location. I appreciate you TRYING something but can you at least fix it in a way that doesn't kill the community even more?

well, NA players cant find matches anymore thanks for that, we moved to Europe servers and have to deal with horrible 150 ping

i regret that tdm east is less populated now, and i am forced to go to skirmish (sorry i would prefer battle mode) now,

but more choice is a good thing i think , i feel bad for west coast people i would hate to play with their ping,

developers cannot win people were complaining so long for west coast servers, and now they we have it, ppl are criticizing them

the problem is that the class design is poor, i think it worked for napolean because bayonet combat was more simple with no armor or weapon variety,

with bannerlord combat is more complicated and having a class system with different speeds and different abilities to use cav, etc (speed penalities for non cav class mounted units) makes players unable to change depending on different circumstances,

i believe there shouldnt be a class system and that people should have the same movement speeds and combat abilities and have the ability to carry whatever equipment and mount whatever they want so that they can effectively fight in any type of situation,

make quivers slow you down more then a person carrying a shield ( you cannot realistically run with arrows flying around in your quiver anyways) so that you cannot kite a infantry as an archer,

make armor realistically deflect arrows,
arrows being able to penetrate everything is unrealistic and leads to a archer meta

Chicago

imagine if EU servers were only Lisbon and Moscow. That would be idiotic, just have one server somewhere central like Germany.

this was a HORRIBLE idea, why cant you guys just get central servers so the pings are somewhat equal ??? someone needs to be held accountable for this horrid idea and get central servers NOW, we have been asking for central servers since your game came out and you decide to split the community by releasing WEST servers? HELLO?????? 12 jereeds was also an AMAZING idea !
I agree, the North American community is too small to be split from east to west, there’s many reasons why it is a bad decision, the money used for making the second server could’ve been used for upgrades or relocation of the server to a more centralized zone, the EU community would benefit much more from two separate server because there player base is much larger and spread out, as you know Europe is made up multiple countries, and America is just one, all in all I generally think that the servers ram and location should be conjoined in some time, in the mean time we NA players will skirmish and captain on east servers.

TW: having one server region.
NA Community: No, my ping is to high, we want several server regions. If nobody is playing because of central server region, you can as well split it.
TW: I dont think its a good idea.
- Protest was keeping on- TW fullfilled NA Communities wish of two regions.
------------------------------
4 Weeks later
NA Community: Why did you split the community? baka daio? All we wanted was one server region!
TW + EU Community: ....
nuff said

NA Community: No, my ping is to high, we want several server regions. If nobody is playing because of central server region, you can as well split it.
4 Weeks later
NA Community: Why did you split the community? baka daio? All we wanted was one server region!
nuff said
The majority of the community thinks otherwise, thank you for the criticism though.

4 Weeks later
nuff said
Are you actually that stupid or just being a troll. Nobody said we want two regions, the community unanimously said we need central servers. In fact when they announced we will have east and west coast we said it is not a good idea. The only reason why we got west coast is because of the limitations of providers and contracts. You would think that a trash server provider would make TW think maybe we should find another provider but nope, they just take on another contract and force NA to die even more. They made an already small community even smaller with gross incompetence. At this point, it feels like TW is punishing NA for being vocal on the fourms.

Literally no one relevant in the NA community was asking for two separate regions. We asked for Chicago servers as they are the best ones for NA but TW is too lazy and greedy to help NA

Back
Top Bottom