the catapult

Users who are viewing this thread

jik

Knight
How does the catapult work?  I started a siege, but it just sat there.  I tried to walk around it to see if there was a "F" key location (not swearing, but the actual f key for interaction...)

I did a search for catapult, but only got bug report stuff, not on the usage.

On the side, is there an FAQ or INFO doc anywhere for this mod?  Would be a good idea.

You have to first build it from the besiege menu (I think the catapult shows up as a static even if it's not built yet). When it's finished building, you have to hit "Bombard city" in the besiege menu.
You'll then load on to the battlefield, glued to a spot in front of the catapult. You control the catapult's direction with the arrow keys, and fire/reload with the left mouse button.
Also make sure that after you fire each shot, click the fire button again once to reload and wait until a message pops up saying that the catapult is ready to fire. If you click more than once, the reloading time gets screwed up.

That's how you use it, but it's not very useful right now since the ammo tends to either stick to the catapult, hover in the air after flinging it, or if using Greek Fire, drop directly onto your head.  :cry:

Oriard said:
You have to first build it from the besiege menu (I think the catapult shows up as a static even if it's not built yet). When it's finished building, you have to hit "Bombard city" in the besiege menu.

Do u have to have a certain level of engineering in able to build the catapult? ive never seen an option to build a catapult in the besiege menu....

I don't think you need any special engineering level. Your level might affect how fast you can build the catapult and collect ammo though.

As for your other question, maybe the city/castle you've besieged just doesn't have that option. :???:

I'm not really sure, I haven't played this mod in quite a while, and have since upgraded to .960 :razz:

Back
Top Bottom