Resolved The caravan in the quest Caravan Ambush will proceed to the town after the battle and will stay there and never despawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: During the quest "Caravan Ambush," the caravan that is created will head for an adjacent town. After the battle with the bandits, sometimes the caravan will continue travelling to the town it was heading for before being attacked. Once it reaches the town, it will slowly recruit more troops up to its party limit, but will then stay in the town forever, and will not despawn. This behavior doesn't happen every time, and if the caravan doesn't proceed to the town, it will go to a point and wait, and seems to disappear eventually.

This is a problem for several reasons:
  1. The notable owner is still paying wages for the caravan, but it is not generating income, so it becomes a drain on the notable's gold/power.
  2. The caravan will prevent the owner from ever being "lost," because notables can't despawn when they own a caravan.
  3. The caravan will (probably) prevent the owner from spawning a new caravan if their real one is destroyed, because they can only spawn a new one if they don't already own one.

How to Reproduce: Start and complete the quest "Caravan Ambush" until the decoy caravan continues travelling to the town afterward. I don't know exactly what causes it, but it might happen if the caravan's troops are injured during the battle, or it could have to do with the caravan taking prisoners after the battle. It doesn't seem to matter if the battle is fought or autoresolved, but it won't happen every time. They remain stuck in the settlement even if the town is captured in a siege. Reloading the save doesn't make a difference either.

Media:

e572W.png

uUyHZ.png

Save Files: I'm sending two save files: one right after the battle but before the caravan reaches town, and one roughly a year later, with the caravan still there. There is one caravan in the first file, the "Caravan of Ydwin the Brewer," which is stuck in Dunglanys, and an extra one in the second save file, the "Caravan of Jamanys the Vintner," which is stuck in Poros.

Yeah I had this when going from Akkalat to Odakh, not a huge deal as you get credit once battle is done but they do attrackt bandits for easy kills

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue and forwarded the files you have sent. Thank you for your time.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom