The Bugs and Glitch Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Berserker Pride

Grandmaster Knight
Known Bugs.
]1)I can't hit troops who are bigger or smaller than usual.]
Make a backup of the files in "Mount&Blade\Data" before you do this:
theres a BerserkData or Data folder in "Mount&Blade\Modules\Revenge of the Berserk".  If you don't find the folder there check in the folder mount&blade for the folder BerserkData. copy the content of that folder and go to "Mount&Blade\Data". now paste the copied files and overwrite everything.  This should fix the problem.

[2)When I modify an array it says the array is too big but lets me leave the menu.  Then a duplicate Party is spawned on the main map.]
Try to avoid modifying your arrays when your personal party is full.  That way when you go to modify an array you can remove excess troops from the array and place them in your main party.

[3)I'm getting a cannot find skel_giant error when I try to run mods either than Revenge of the Berserk]
Alright well the current version of Revenge of the Berserk doesn't overrite anything but the previous one overwrote an important file.  So if you are getting a can't find skeleton error when you go to run native then download this folder.  It goes directly to the main mount&blade folder.  Once you have it downloaded you will have two data folders.  One will be named Data (and it is the Berserk one) and this one called NativeData.  Whenever you want to run Revenge of the Berserk you need to use your existing Data folder.  To run native and other mods rename the folder with your Berserk Data to BerserkData.  Then rename this NativeData folder to Data.  The game will read out of the folder Data so you just have to have the right folder named data at the right time.  And if you get confused BerserkData's skeleton file is a lot bigger than the NativeData one which is only 14 kp.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0FJV0C1
Here is the download sorry about the error.

4)I'm getting the RGL Error Unable to lock vertex buffer a lot!
This error is a carry-over from native and is a huge pain in the ass.  It can be corrected however.  I find that turning corpses and ragdolls all the way down helps immensely.  If that doesn't completely solve the problem lower all the effects and even run the game in a different resolution.  Run the game in dx7 mode as a last resort(config panel on startup).  As a side note if you want to set the battlesizer way up(you need to look for that program on the forums) then you should run the program in dx7 in order to free up the framerate for that.  The game runs way faster in dx7 in general but you lose all shadow effects.

5)The game says I own territories called interstice den and interstice portal.  But I can't find them where are they?
The interstice den and the other one are supposedly disabled.  They are the two bases for the seventh faction when they invade near the end of the game.  So at that point they will transfer control to the seventh faction(and appear).  Not sure why it automatically gives territories to the players if they start neutral but for some reason the game does.  Lords will also try to siege them from time to time which is kinda annoying as they can't actually be captured till they appear.  Hopefully I figure out a way that the ai ignores the two castles till they appear.  But all will work properly when they do appear so it's not too much of a problem.

6)Currently after you complete the battle of Doldrey quest you must disband all your extra arrays led by commanders immediately.  I have made a fix but until a new patch is released not getting rid of your arrays before the eclipse fires will glitch your game.  You will end up with ghost parties fighting for you that you can't get rid of if you don't.

after shriek joined i didnt fight at enoch village i waited for few days didnt happen so iw went to the elve king after i cured casca and waitited more still didnt happen

You should also increase the size of the skull knight a bit.

skullls.jpg

They seem similar in almost everything, curse-related...

Well, on-topic. In the first game I ran with 0.95, the Band of the Hawk chased me, and I confronted them (map-wise). But on the first time it appeared as a normal battle, not the scripted text and somesuch. After getting pwned, they got me as prisoner and walked around. I got free and waited with the spacebar, then Griffith called me for a duel, as it was intended from the start. Is that intentional or a random bug?

That is a very random bug.  I've never had Griff not talk to you before that battle.  And if he talks to you he duels you.  I'll keep my eye out for that happening.  Well at least he joined in the end.

On another note I alway wondered how to have Corkus jump you.  I think I'll eventually change that so that Corkus and his crew do jump you via quickbattle. Then you kill them and maim Corkus.  I might not have Casca jump you as I'd rather you don't hit her upside the head with the sword.
EDIT: NVM I'll let you hit her over the head but just this one time.  Then invicible griffith appears and owns you.
  But the invincible version of Griffith will knock you out.  Then it will skip to the menu which takes you to the current conversation.  And that way I can also have the battle on the grassy hill near the hawk camp as well.  That stuff might have to wait for v 1.00 though as it is mostly more to be more code to the manga.

dubaiboy said:
after shriek joined i didnt fight at enoch village i waited for few days didnt happen so iw went to the elve king after i cured casca and waitited more still didnt happen

btw that was version  0.9

Or weapons?  Oops.  I'll fix that one.  Thanks for the report.  It's already done and was a really easy fix.  And you should wear your armor now too.

The old bug when you recruit volunteers from villages:
RotBbug001.jpg
you always get one less than that is shown that volunteer...

Percus said:
The old bug when you recruit volunteers from villages:
RotBbug001.jpg
you always get one less than that is shown that volunteer...
i get same bug but defrently it shows 10 recruits i wont get any if 11 i get one i never saw it less then 10 mercenries dont count

btw, you wrote that you can use the command cursor with F1 in the walkthrough file but it doesn't appear not work...? also, having it on F1... i dont think thats a too god idea, would be better if you could assign a key to it, like you can assign keys to the formation settings.

...hmm, now that I think of it, I didnt try if its still on "G"... now is it? :razz:

The command cursor changed because it was included with foxyman's formations.  So the formations cursor code clashed with the old one.  F1 actually works pretty well but you must hold the key down for a full second for the arrow to appear.  I also need to find a way to add the command cursor to mission_templates other than open field battles.

Just so you know, on my game, I entered the town of Shet, and the leave button wouldn't work in the town menu, so I had to shut the game down with control panel and boot it up again.

Hm this bug happens sometimes at Godo's mine too.  Seems random but not sure why it happens.  Does it say "cannot leave now?"

Back
Top Bottom