The British Cavalry Questions: Hussars For The British?

Do you think the British Cavalry should have a Hussar Regiment?

• I do not think it is needed.

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, In the form of the 7th Queen Own Hussars.

Votes: 59 41.8%
  • Yes, In the form of Kings German Legion Hussars.

Votes: 57 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBeansShako

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Lets not beat around the bush, playing about in public or line battle play compared to the rest of the nations with British Cavalry isn't that fun or balanced against other nations now (the Rifles argument no longer works due to the fact they the Baker no longer has a bayonet fixed) and quite a lot of people I know outside my regiment have pretty much agreed with me that something needs to be done for the British Cavalry.

So NW community, do you think the British Army needs Hussars in a future update if it could happen?

I'm pretty sure the British used Hussars so imo they should be in. But ultimately it is up to the devs and if they want to do the work to put them in, let alone want to in the first place.

UK desperately needs a light cavalry unit.

As a light cavalry commander they have a very useful skillset... Plus British hussars are awesome.

I'm morbidly curious where the confusion about the British Napoleonic Hussars came from? do people mix them up with Lancers or did somebody half read a developer comment in MM reguarding the lack of action of British Hussars compared to the rest and just parroted it?

Trying to drive off and pursue enemy Hussars as Light Dragoons in a line battle is painful I have to add.

Talked with the FK during LB I think, Hussar would really be good for the British something for a bit of a varied cavlary like the 3 other faction.

SomeRandomTiger said:
23rd are light dragoons...

They have slower horses and lower weapon proficiency (i think).

Jack of all trades, master of feck all about describes dragoons.

Wouldn't use a dragoon for anything but shooting and running.

Historically British cavalry was inferior but I reckon that to balance it out British riflemen need a buff.

British Cavalry was inferior due to the lack of leadership and training really, officers of the newly arrived the Kings German Legion thankfully began to influence some professionalism in the upper echelons of British Cavalry and Infantry management.

They had some decent horses in good number too, as they only fought on the mainland a few times outside Spain and Portugal early in the Napoleonic Wars and weren't going through them like the rest of the European nations.

I don't get why people think that the British cavalry was inferior. More arrogant than those of the other nations? Yes. Less disciplined in battle? Yes*. Inferior in any respect? No**.

Granted, the heavy cavalry's sabre wasn't the... best, however the men had a way to work around that.

[*The Peninsular war put them through hell for that.]
[** Excluding their lack of discipline, and the (Light dragoon's) love of the charge, which was -as stated- forcibly beaten out of them in the Iberian Peninsula.]

Edit: It seems my argument on discipline has been ninja'd somewhat.

I think It would be a great idea to add British hussars into the game. It would bring something new and get peoples minds off the melee update.

This game is set late on in the napoleonic era. They might of lacked good leadership but they were supposed to possess the best horses in europe and apparently the individual horsemen were drilled in swordsmaship better than there european counterparts.

Problem with british hussars is that i'm pretty sure they were originally light dragoons who managed to get permission to use hussar costume in 1805 such as 7th, 10th and 15th light dragoons so they would have same horses and equipment as the light dragoons. But yeah Brit cav needs to be improved.

I think they should be given lancers to even things up not that i ever use them. Could let them use Dutch lancers or Brunswick lancers or Brunswick hussars. Brunswick hussars fought in Spain and brunswick lancers were at waterloo although there was only a squadron of them they were reported helping the sqaure repel french cavalry.

Brunswick Lancers, Kings German Legion Hussars and Scots Greys and in my eyes the British Cavalry in this game would be well represented.

But I'd settle for Hussars if given a choice, simply so the British can get behind enemy lines quicker to cause chaos.

Personally like to see the british horses to be faster than there European counter parts to represent the superior horses or at least the heavy cav being faster than armored heavy cav (unless they already are) and improved melee to make up for the heavy cav sword being shorter(at least it seems shorter maybe it isn't) than other nations swords and lack of lancers and armor.

I'm afraid British cavalry will always get the bear minimum....

horsebear.jpg

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Needed? No.

But they have cool uniforms and they would be a nice addition.

To be fair, the Russians really didn't need a 2nd lot of Lancers unless you are terrible and hate Cossacks for some reason.

SeanBeansShako said:
Leberecht Reinhold said:
Needed? No.

To be fair, the Russians really didn't need a 2nd lot of Lancers unless you are terrible and hate Cossacks for some reason.
That is a fair point,
although Cossacks could get very useless weapons.
Now they have a lancer that gets the standard weapons rather than a lance and some random butter knife.

Windbusche said:
SeanBeansShako said:
Leberecht Reinhold said:
Needed? No.

That is a fair point,
although Cossacks could get very useless weapons.
Now they have a lancer that gets the standard weapons rather than a lance and some random butter knife.

+1. Spawning with 2 weapons that could not block was rather annoying.

Also, Vincenzo has , sadly, made it clear that britain will not gain acess to hussars.  :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom