SP Fantasy The Bones of Ragnvald (Version 2.1 released!) (Now Open Source)

Users who are viewing this thread

GuZhP.png

Great to see the progress continuing on this promising mod. I liked the demo a lot, but now I can try a longer playthrough.

One question: What is the Lockpicking skill used for? In my first playthrough, which I spent a couple hundred days on, I couldn't find anything that could be lockpicked. I'm guessing it will probably play into the main quest in some way, though I don't know if I would want to invest skill points into something I'll only use a couple times in a playthrough. Hopefully it becomes something useful for an entire game, with locked loot chests turning up around the world, or secret areas to be explored.

Some locations have locked chests that you must have a certain skill in lockpicking in order to open. They are hidden in the scene, so it is intended to be happenstance that you find a chest. Currently there are 16 chests scattered around the map. I have plans for it in the main quest but it is not necessary to complete the story demo.

These locations include:
Morlanas, Angiers Castle, Druimein, and Reksteigr

Chests are sometimes very well hidden. The chest in Angiers should be easiest to find out of all 16.

They can require lockpicking skills of 1, 2, or 3 depending on the chest.

For version 1.0 there will be way more locked chests in locations around the map, (I hope to have close to 100) as well as secret areas and applications for the main quest. (won't be necessary to complete the main quest but will be helpful)

cwr said:
Some locations have locked chests that you must have a certain skill in lockpicking in order to open. They are hidden in the scene, so it is intended to be happenstance that you find a chest. Currently there are 16 chests scattered around the map. I have plans for it in the main quest but it is not necessary to complete the story demo.

These locations include:
Morlanas, Angiers Castle, Druimein, and Reksteigr

Chests are sometimes very well hidden. The chest in Angiers should be easiest to find out of all 16.

They can require lockpicking skills of 1, 2, or 3 depending on the chest.

For version 1.0 there will be way more locked chests in locations around the map, (I hope to have close to 100) as well as secret areas and applications for the main quest. (won't be necessary to complete the main quest but will be helpful)

Very cool. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to starting a new playthrough

New scene for Cairnloch:
mb_warband_2018-06-25_15-01-52-365.png

Credit for the base scene goes to gokiller, additions and ai mesh were done by me.

Looking good, I'll give it a try soon.
The features you implemented are very interesting.
Since I see skeletons: Are there any fantasy elements in the mod?

Another offtopic question:
Do you continue to work on Perisno as well?

Yes, there are some fantasy elements. It's supposed to strike a balance though, with only some fantasy and still a lot of realism. There are only a few cases where skeletons and the other fantasy creatures (Mirthanoiri, Hyperboreans) will be found.

I'm still working on Perisno but BoR is my main focus right now.

I like fantasy elements.  :wink:
Thanks for letting me know.

Since the mod is tagged as "alpha" I'd like to know if you think that you can already beat the game without major issues.
After I'm done with TLD I'm looking for another Warband mod to (lets) play.

Yes, you can beat the game in sandbox mode without major issues. The only one I know about in the alpha is sometimes when lords give you the bandit lair quest the dialog gets stuck and you have to quit and reload. (specifically the lord of Valencaden, usually King Renoldus) That bug is fixed for 1.0 but you still might encounter it in the alpha. Also, if you're computer isn't strong enough you might have a low fps in forests. If that is not annoying to you then yes, it should be fine to start an LP.

I'm going to release version 1.0 sometime this summer, so if you want to wait for that it won't be a super long wait.

Thanks for the interest!

Duniadh:
20180702173225_1.jpg

Base scene by gokiller, additions and ai mesh were done by me.

Thanks, the scene for the catacombs is already complete.

mb_warband_2018-07-11_14-21-02-733.png

Back
Top Bottom