The biggest needed fix to Single Player Campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

redtecho

Recruit
Ultimately I've put over 53 hours into Bannerlord and there are some issues to iron out certainly, but it is a solid and prickly product.
There is however one completely and fully game breaking happening in the single player game.
One faction in the single player campaign will absolutely dominate the entire map. It is inevitable, and swift. Far too swift.I have started two campaigns and they have resulted, both times in two different factions steamrolling the entire map before or around me hitting clan level 2 or 3. On top of this the second campaign I did I figured, "I'll just enjoy hunting bandits and running a mercenary company until they fix it and I can actually see what this game has to offer in full." and the faction that owned literally everything on the map declared war on my 70 strong company of fighters whom owned 0 land. At that point the campaign was pretty much over and there was nothing I could do.
The game has not been play tested sufficiently for single player. I very much am a passionate fan of Mount and Blade Warband with over 700 + hours in the game to date, and I am aware that they have already attempted to fix the Lord defection issue which is a major cause of this problem. Lords defect way too easily making it far too simple for one faction that gets an early jump start in a single war to then create a cascading domino effect where they have an unmatchable force that takes land and then gets bigger because everyone defects as soon as they loose a single piece of territory.
There are many very positive and interesting changes from warband to Bannerlord, but the campaign at this point is over before you really get the oppertunity to experience them.
It may also be an idea to increase the difficulty of taking castles and cities as I do feel they should be far harder to take then they currently are.
Either way the single player campaign needs to be slowed down massively to give players the ability to experience things like having a family and children as well as experiencing wars between the various factions.
On my second campaign Battania was wiped out before I even got to Clan lvl 2.
I as a native and first born Battanian find this highly offensive.
I highly support Taleworlds still, they put a lot of passion and hard work into this product. With the track record Bannerlord has been a long wait coming.

Back
Top Bottom