SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for letting us know Dejan.
---
This is extremely irritating to me...
giphy.gif

It's a generic, non-committal reply, don't get excited about it.
They will be looking into it at some point or not. They were not looking into it so far for some reason. Now that's the real problem and no one is looking into it..

It's a generic, non-committal reply, don't get excited about it.
They will be looking into it at some point or not. They were not looking into it so far for some reason. Now that's the real problem and no one is looking into it..
That's why I keep my expectations pretty low. Here's to hoping that armagan will (hopefully) bless us with a fix but I wouldn't count on it myself.

So this been a complaint since last year and they still haven't did anything about it... smh. The video from 2016 looked awesome and the troops reacted and moved within reason. There was also space for the player to move around. The graphics looked real too. Currently, the troops are a mess and game graphics look like that of warband. What the h*ll happen between 2016 and now? It's like they downgraded.

Lol it took me a year to find this thread, maybe because i realized after 10minutes of playtime that infantry sucked hard and switched to cav and archery since than. But my +1000 for this.

Additional i want to say that all Troops have to much in common. The only difference is gear and the so greatly used "Weaponskill"(not). Im in for a suggestion which gives each troop type also a "personal" perkline like more hp, armour penetrating stuff, armour adding stuff and so on. But i think it´s to late for that so i will mod it myself.

I think that is why this problem has gone under the radar for a large number of players. Let's not kid ourselves... newbies (and some sweaty-assed veterans) love to hit left and right with a long polearm from horseback.

Joking aside, only those who " throw" their character into the thick of melee combat (I understand that some are reluctant to do so given the dismal performance of the current damage-protection formula) are familiar with, as Marlon Brando would say - The horror.

giphy.gif

I know that Realistic Battle guys has made a (totally laudable) attempt to lower the jitternig effect by giving units more "living space" in short. Unfortunately that annoying effect still lingers at the end of the day.

I hope Taleworlds manages to find the key... this effect should either disappear completely or be so extremely unnoticeable that it doesn't cause dizziness in first person or third person.

[...] I hope Taleworlds manages to find the key... this effect should either disappear completely or be so extremely unnoticeable that it doesn't cause dizziness in first person or third person.
I'm hopingalongside you Terco, I do think they might get it right as TaleWorlds have done it right in older versions of the game:

I'm hopingalongside you Terco, I do think they might get it right as TaleWorlds have done it right in older versions of the game:

It's hard to see it in that video, but it's plausible that the inverse kinematics were not implemented then... If I had to put the spotlight on the guilty party, I'd say that it's them that cause this terrible wild jittering.

Could this be it, @Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James ?

Easily in the top 3 things this game needs: better formation combat. I remember this thread but it's funny how it's still active and some developers respond with little enthusiasm and no follow-up. There needs to be weight and mass to the bodies, they shouldn't just be able to float around like butterflies and phase in and out. Warband was no masterpiece in this area but even Native Warband is infinitely better than this mess. If TW could only overhaul one thing this would certainly tie with diplomacy for me. If you really dive deep into the physics of the mass combat it is an utter disaster, but as Terco says, it can be easy to miss for a lot of people who don't pay attention to that sort of thing.

I posted this video in another thread over a year ago, and I think it might be funny to bring it up again, because this is the problem in its extreme. (yet not an entirely uncommon scenario either)

Terrible empirical proof in the form of a video. If this isn't a problem... oh boi...:roll:

giphy.gif

---
Edit: I just opened a thread in the support section... this is taking too long.

Last edited:
Guys....

You need to know developers have a priority list. That's why they didn't fix this yet. First they need to fix the most important and gamebreaking things like:

- Adding an Intro to the campaign
- Including facial expressions for characters
- More Battannian helmets

Guys....

You need to know developers have a priority list. That's why they didn't fix this yet. First they need to fix the most important and gamebreaking things like:

- Adding an Intro to the campaign
- Including facial expressions for characters
- More Battannian helmets
You said that they need to fix the game and so by adding more battanian helmets, the game would be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom