SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

Users who are viewing this thread

+1

Right now its a big problem since while blobbing and attacking a formation units win just because there are 1v5 situations. I remember trying to defend in a bottleneck with an elite party of 70 men against vlandian party of 120 which had 70 (!) recruts amongst their ranks. The defence ended in seconds when enemy cav just rode thru the shieldwall with no objection and started killing the archers who were behind. Then recruits arrived and shaughtered the shieldwall as a swarm.
Yea I agree that the collisions are a problem for infantry fights, but I also noticed something while sieging a castle that makes it worse. I was hacking away at the inner door after the ram broke the outer one but then my next strike was blocked by an ally behind me. So my chamber was blocked but then everyone piled up on the door and destroyed it seconds. From this its seems that the AI chamerings are not restricted or blocked like the player's is. The reason the fights are so quick and terribly balanced towards high number swarms is because the AI are all swinging through each other almost unhindered killing any troops that are not actively blocking.

In this game have some mistakes. This mistakes ruining my contact with calradia and my story. I think we all loving game because of the feeling that we can be whatever we want in calradia! And i want to feel like that again! So if we stand together we can change what we don't like about game. Like the things killing all atmosfer.

1)Hp bars of siege instruments and castle gates. (don't knowing when will broken is more exciting) -remove permanantly-

2)The bar above the screen that showing who will win, who has how much power. -remove permanantly-

3)Alt key that showing us magically where the enemy forces and how many of them. -remove from battlefields permanantly-

4)We can do everything before enter the city and again alt key showing us evrything. -Not remove this things permanantly but alt key can show us that where the places once we went and people once we meet. I mean alt key can show us people already we met and places we already went. -

5) Encyclopedia has to remove immediately! If we can learn anything from encyclopedia what is the point of playing this game! It's killing the game. Even at warband if we want to find a lord we was had to ask someonelse. We should ask to townmans for locations that we need and they should request bribe and if we threaten them, they should attack us or afraid from us based on our skills and our reputation. I mean instead of encyclopedia use villagers, townmans, merchants, lords, ladys, mysterious npcs and even bandits! If you do that game can be more fun than just clickings.

6)Small parties has to surrender without fighting.

7)After the sucsesful siege why we are continue from outside castle?

:cool:Let us attack to enemy from further ditance. I mean currently in the battlefield there is distance betwen us with the enemy like we just didn't talk face to face 2 minute ago. At some distance game should ask us 'do u want attack from this distance?' and if we need interact the enemy, there should be 'keep following' option. If we choose attacking from futher distance without interact, the game should keep distance of between two armies same with now. But if we choose 'keep following', when we catch the enemy, battle phase should be start and armies should be closer, than we should interact with enemy forces captain at the middle. And if we decide war without loading screens we should fight just there! etc.

Sory for my bad english. :grin:

Kinda disagree with a lot of your points.

Please create a new post with each specific issue, dont try to hijack this post that addresses specifically
Unit collision and mass

Kinda disagree with a lot of your points.

Please create a new post with each specific issue, dont try to hijack this post that addresses specifically
Unit collision and mass
I am not trying to hijack post! I think what i said is and this problems related. But it is enough to say if the owner of the article is uncomfortable. Then i delete my comment. So there is no need your rudeness! :wink: Thank you, good day to you.

Yea I agree that the collisions are a problem for infantry fights, but I also noticed something while sieging a castle that makes it worse. I was hacking away at the inner door after the ram broke the outer one but then my next strike was blocked by an ally behind me. So my chamber was blocked but then everyone piled up on the door and destroyed it seconds. From this its seems that the AI chamerings are not restricted or blocked like the player's is. The reason the fights are so quick and terribly balanced towards high number swarms is because the AI are all swinging through each other almost unhindered killing any troops that are not actively blocking.

Yeah mass combat is currently kind of broken.
Talesworld please notice this and take steps to fix it.

Go onto custom battle, get 500 empire spearman, say vs... 100 vlandian knights.. Form a square. Watch as the vlandians take no casualties and pass right through the square like photons through matter. Watch as the spearmen start taking casualties because their spear can only scratch the cavalry at this close a distance, and they are at mace hitting height.

Right now unit collision is to low. When two formations collide they sort of melt together and die really fast. As a result, big 500 v 500 infantry engagements last less than three minutes.
They went from this: https://youtube/pv2qb66PbUg?t=233
To this incomprehensible mess: https://youtube/wcwrKBGFkzY?t=171
Also you can run through your ranks without any hindrance.

This makes the strategy factor lose a lot of potential as the infantry lines die so quickly that you don´t have time to position other units and elaborate more plans around your strategy in battle.

I have created this post in The Citadel Thread and everyone who replied agrees with it.
Here is the thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...m-with-combat-unit-collision-and-mass.409576/
+100000000000

+1

I once described my frontline as a blender. Pls, TW, look into correcting this. I think most of us want epic, grueling battles with shifting frontlines and meaningful formations, not an arcade blob that ends after a minute.

Back
Top Bottom