The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Master Knight
Best answers
I fiddled with the collision size several patches ago and while I'm not entirely sure, it seemed like there is a discrepancy between allied and enemy collision sizes. When you increase the collision size, your allies are no longer packed like sardines but it also feels like there's a strange bubble that prevents you from getting too close to an enemy agent. I don't know if it might have to do with the pushing mechanics or if agents just have a proportionally larger collision with enemies compared to allies. Also, thanks for the heads up about the mod.
By increasing the capsule of the humanoid agent I have noticed no difference in the distance between the avatar agent and the bot agent. Furthermore, I have tried short handled weapons (like some maces) and I dare say they have the same performance.

Thanks you for coming here to comment...it seems that this topic is not interesting enough 😅 .

Count Talbar

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Thanks you for coming here to comment...it seems that this topic is not interesting enough 😅 .
I don't know how it isn't more discussed. I feel like its one of the most game/experience breaking things in the game right now.

Best answers
Troops when packed together shouldn't be able to run, just make them hold position or make an animation or stance for them to hold the line. Also, troops in the back keep swinging their weapon without reaching the enemy. I bet fixing these problems will improve the performance as well...

Dr-Shinobi

Knight at Arms
Best answers
+1...Still an issue after 1.5.1 i think. The attack rate is over the roof!
Also when they turn to hunt the fleeing soldiers with other active enemies around to get hit in the back with swords and arrows

Last edited: