The big Forum Depression

Users who are viewing this thread

I think people, for the sake of their mental health gotta chill the **** down a little. I mean take a brake from the forums and dont touch the game for a week and clear your head. Feels like people invest so much time, feelings and energy into this it's insane.
Can only imagine the mental health of the devs and mods who have to check this forum on a daily basis, because it's their job. The game industry has a lot of horror stories from community managers. It's one reason it tends to have such a high turnover.

Can only imagine the mental health of the devs and mods who have to check this forum on a daily basis, because it's their job. The game industry has a lot of horror stories from community managers. It's one reason it tends to have such a high turnover.
Yeah people tend to forget that the people they bombard every day are humans aswell trying to get by and do their job. It's just so unnecessary. I mean I get it, voice you discontent but this has gone on for over a year now. Taleworlds get it lol, they are not a bunch of retards.

Poor lads. I can just imagine the stress of working... what, two hours a day, considering the progress being made? Imagine a construction worker during the summer... now that guy might have some stress accumulating, not these folks. They're probably spending 90% of the time smoking and chilling.

Poor lads. I can just imagine the stress of working... what, two hours a day, considering the progress being made? Imagine a construction worker during the summer... now that guy might have some stress accumulating, not these folks. They're probably spending 90% of the time smoking and chilling.
yeah, because physical stress is comparable to mental stress.

yeah, because physical stress is comparable to mental stress.
So, being working class, working a physical intensive job and having a god-awful wage to barely support your family - no creative freedom whatsoever, just mindless slaving around while the rest of the world considers you an eyesore... and there's no mental stress there, right? Gotcha. I'm sure that's why everyone wants to be a construction worker.

So, being working class, working a physical intensive job and having a god-awful wage to barely support your family - no creative freedom whatsoever, just mindless slaving around while the rest of the world considers you an eyesore... and there's no mental stress there, right? Gotcha. I'm sure that's why everyone wants to be a construction worker.
Which is not what you said. Regardless of which, some people being treated worse, is a crass statement about why other people should deal with it too.

Which is not what you said. Regardless of which, some people being treated worse, is a crass statement about why other people should deal with it too.
Which is exactly what I said, if you just took the time (around five seconds) to read the post. Being payed like crap and having a shorter life expectancy *will* cause mental stress. Mortgages will give you mental stress. Fear your children will lack essential things will give you mental stress. I've worked in the construction industry for ten years, I would know.
I don't give a damn if Taleworlds' feelings are hurt. That is part of life, people have their feelings hurt constantly. The main developers', mind you. Not the coders', they're probably mismanaged, overworked and payed next to nothing compared to the "management."
Let's say we complain about... things that deserve complaining about, which we do, I think not even the most brown-nosing devotee of TW would deny that. We complain, someone "probably" reads it and reports back. That guy is probably a 20 years old intern who needs the job. He's not responsible for our grievances and annoyances, which surely are trivial compared to his own... even if I doubt anyone is reading these forums at all anymore. All the while Taleworlds' upper echelon already has our money and thousands of sycophants who will defend their undefensible practices because... I don't know, brand loyalty?
They're literally swimming in money. Yet they can't even afford to form a round table, work for 8 hours as we all do and WRITE A ROADMAP. Even one made in NOTEPAD would be just fine at this point. And *we* should be worried about their mental health? Oh, don't worry - I'm sure they're doing just fine with the 50 bucks we wasted.

magine a construction worker during the summer... now that guy might have some stress accumulating, not these folks.
Yeah none of your claims are in there. Pardon me for taking the only point in that statement and using it as what you meant. Also depending on what country you live in being a construction worker treats you fine. In the US that would be a joke though.

Despite that they do have a pseudo roadmap, just because it doesn't have due dates doesn't mean it isn't a roadmap.

Also it's not like I am happy with their progress either. They are quite insanely slow. Mainly because their focus on bug fixes rather than reorganizing and implementing major features. Most of this past year has been them solely trying to make changes to fix faction steamrolling. which I am happy for but man did I want some real Siege AI.

Last edited:
Yeah, invoking a (paraphrased) Tyler the Creator tweet which is legend at this point, some folks should just shut off their computer and go take a walk. It's really not that serious, I spent a lot of my younger years reee'ing about Turbine selling out and making DDO, LOTRO FTP and then axing Asheron's Call 2 (twice) and ending support for Asheron's Call 1. You think this (albeit slow) development is joke? Try playing a 20 year MMO which of the last 5-6 years of it's life was still running on old ass hardware and did not get a single update or community forum post. Sure the game was "done" - but 6 years in a digital graveyard is pretty depressing. Then I joined Army special operations and learned what real depression was lmao...

I honestly do not blame the devs here in the slightest bit for not commiting to roadmaps or specific dev goals. It is super easy to armchair Product Owner Taleworld's and their corporate leadership, but outside of people working there - no matter what your background is (especially in SDE/Gaming) - it doesn't do anything except get people more riled up.

The game is fun to me, does it lack crazy immersion sure. You know what, even if 1.5.11 came out tomorrow and all siege pathing was fixed, battles got scaled to 2000, last nagging memory leaks were gone, they brought back feasts and longer courtships and added grand tourneys and alliances...I have a feeling a lot of people here would STILL find a way to complain about it and whine that it didn't come out last year.

Now, before the angry person reading this shoots an angry reply at me, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you want to spend hours of your day on the forum getting mad at "streamers" and "bad devs" and whatever boogeyman that is on you. However, to those people who do that, it's partly your fault that the devs and community managers don't want to engage.

The game is fun to me, does it lack crazy immersion sure. You know what, even if 1.5.11 came out tomorrow and all siege pathing was fixed, battles got scaled to 2000, last nagging memory leaks were gone, they brought back feasts and longer courtships and added grand tourneys and alliances...I have a feeling a lot of people here would STILL find a way to complain about it and whine that it didn't come out last year.

Now, before the angry person reading this shoots an angry reply at me, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you want to spend hours of your day on the forum getting mad at "streamers" and "bad devs" and whatever boogeyman that is on you. However, to those people who do that, it's partly your fault that the devs and community managers don't want to engage.
Nice post, although I think you are doing a lot of speculating. Are you new? If so, then you probably wouldn't know that the forums weren't always in the state it's in now, frankly, it was the opposite. Honestly, you could probably go back to April-May 2020 forums, seeing the positivity and multitudes of threads and discussion based around suggestions and ideas for the game, many of which were built upon the already talked about content from the dev blogs.

Time is TW's worst enemy however, people knew the EA BL we got back in 2020 was barebones, but it was more accepted as it was under the impression that the content would flood throughout the year. Now we have current BL, with still broken and ignored game breaking features that still don't seem to be a priority. Furthermore, we have outlier devs such as Mexxico being treated like gods because of the lack of overall communication from the management department.

Back
Top Bottom