The big Forum Depression

Users who are viewing this thread

These past few months whenever I went on the forums, I'd open up a thread whenever it was balance discussion, suggestions or even drama and make a post to contribute somehow, only to delete the entire thing after typing it out. I lost the motivation to engage in any sort of discussion on this forum really, and I think that applies to a lot of pepole. I'm glad that there are pepole that keep giving feedback and suggestions (even if only 1% of those are heard) even if they spread toxicity and half the threads made by them end up being "game sux lol" cause thats better than a dead forum.

I think people, for the sake of their mental health gotta chill the **** down a little. I mean take a brake from the forums and dont touch the game for a week and clear your head. Feels like people invest so much time, feelings and energy into this it's insane.
Great first reply.

These past few months whenever I went on the forums, I'd open up a thread whenever it was balance discussion, suggestions or even drama and make a post to contribute somehow, only to delete the entire thing after typing it out. I lost the motivation to engage in any sort of discussion on this forum really, and I think that applies to a lot of pepole. I'm glad that there are pepole that keep giving feedback and suggestions (even if only 1% of those are heard) even if they spread toxicity and half the threads made by them end up being "game sux lol" cause thats better than a dead forum.

Basically, yes, I want to give feedback but they aren't even acting on better feedback than mine or my previous feedback I posted up. So why ****ing bother. They keep doing things that no one wants or asks for, and even if it is a kneejerk "reeeEEEE I LIKED IT THE OLD WAY" for certain things then.

So you wait and wait for an update that MIGHT have something we asked for, and it contains 1 maybe okay feature and the rest is just crap no one cares or wants in the game right now. We're all stuck in limbo waiting to see if the game will actually be what we all want it to be or will it be what Taleworlds wants it to be?

Basically, yes, I want to give feedback but they aren't even acting on better feedback than mine or my previous feedback I posted up. So why ****ing bother. They keep doing things that no one wants or asks for, and even if it is a kneejerk "reeeEEEE I LIKED IT THE OLD WAY" for certain things then.

So you wait and wait for an update that MIGHT have something we asked for, and it contains 1 maybe okay feature and the rest is just crap no one cares or wants in the game right now. We're all stuck in limbo waiting to see if the game will actually be what we all want it to be or will it be what Taleworlds wants it to be?
True, TW is just not reacting on feedback, and implementation based on feedback is pretty ... rare.

Inappropriate behavior
Form a correct sentence and come back to me.
Ah, I figured this one would go over your head. Its a two-parter so try and concentrate. The first part of the sentence is a rhetorical one, we already know the answer. Are you still with me? Good, because in the second part I ask “why do you think they did” only further implying that you in fact did get bullied a tremendous amount to become the incel neckbeard your b-tier, low effort pepe memes are proving you to be. I hope I didnt lose you again. But if I did, imagine that I’m just another girl from highschool who wont go to prom with you and then read this post over and over again till the day you <snip> .

Last edited by a moderator:
Bannerlord

BqNaNOb.png

Ah, I figured this one would go over your head. Its a two-parter so try and concentrate. The first part of the sentence is a rhetorical one, we already know the answer. Are you still with me? Good, because in the second part I ask “why do you think they did” only further implying that you in fact did get bullied a tremendous amount to become the incel neckbeard your b-tier, low effort pepe memes are proving you to be. I hope I didnt lose you again. But if I did, imagine that I’m just another girl from highschool who wont go to prom with you and then read this post over and over again till the day you <snip> .
Ah, there he is.
Jesus dude, did I hit a nerve?
I assume I was spot on in my first assement, either that or you got it out for a internet fad :party:

What's the point of having actual forums if your community managers just piss off to reddit/steam cause that's where they'll get praised by people who've never played M&B for their out of touch decisions and pathetic "updates"

I was disappointed with the Great Betrayal of 2016 (when they promised to release BL), but got over it after a stage of grieving (I had BIG plans with BL mods). It's not worth the personal investment as the game will suck anyway and there's nothing you can do about it. No emotional investment, no depression, just healthy forum fun with all the Taleworlds shenanigans.
Ah, there he is.
I assume I was spot on in my first assement, either that or you got it out for a internet fad :party:
No one likes nasty little trolls.

Ah, there he is.
Everything about you screams "Punch me" and I can not believe that after a life spent as a boxing ball you do not realise that. From the edgy memes and the this-is-my-hugging-pillow avatar to the sub par mockery profile signature, its all intent on striking a nerve. So dont blame me for being on an internet fad, blame yourself for inviting it all.

Definetely a title that hits the spot. Just look at the names of most threads. It's mostly negative.
I also ranted on the forum fo sho.

Seems like quite a few are afraid to rant too much or is trying to push a positive narrative. Perhaps thinking it makes TW work less if there is negativity.

Everything about you screams "Punch me" and I can not believe that after a life spent as a boxing ball you do not realise that. From the edgy memes and the this-is-my-hugging-pillow avatar to the sub par mockery profile signature, its all intent on striking a nerve. So dont blame me for being on an internet fad, blame yourself for inviting it all.
200w.gif

Your average 2021 Taleworlds forum user everybody.

Go out and get som fresh air my man. Because eating, breathing & sleeping Bannerlord like this seems very unhealthy for you.

Last year when I checked the forums everyone was happy and making suggestions, providing feedback, people even had hope for multiplayer to improve, a year has passed and this is the clear result of a company not providing substantial change to an otherwise empty game, I really dont know what does anyone expects from forum users, I know for sure none of us can expect anything from Taleworlds to deliver to us at this point, I dont think I'll ever be satisfied at anything they give us, and I'm not saying this from a hater perspective, I'm fully rational when I say that Taleworlds has no vision for the future of this game and they're unable to exploit the potential of this game, again, I'm not basing myself on nothing, I'm basing myself in the fact that the game has gotten 0 substantial change for a YEAR, the game is practically the same aside from QoL features and a cool animation intro. Warband was understandable to be so barebones but Bannerlord was supposed to push it to the edge, to be an actual sequel and improve upon it, not just from a visual standpoint but in everything else, instead, the game has substracted itself to become a mixed bag of features joint together with the hope of making a game. RPG, action, strategy game... they really try to be everything at once and as a result they're none of them, the only thing I can say it has succeeded is the action part, that eventually becomes boring because they put all their resources into it and the rest of the game is lacking and boring.
And a plus from the Steam description lol "Player can purchase wine and ale, and consume these in taverns" Bruh why are you even lying to us with this, its not even an important feature and it doesnt even exist in game, unless you imagine the maid ACTUALLY brings you wine, just like you have to imagine every character has a personality and that your actions actually have an impact in the world lmao

With every round of major AI changes to Siege missions I come back and play some, to see how much better it gets, inevitably post a bunch of bug reports for similar new problems or the same problems not fixed. Then I rinse and repeat, I know how you feel. I mean it is only a year since release which isn't much for most games these days, but the focus of the updates needs to change from fixes, and crashes and small things, to really big changes, because I try to keep my-self positive, but the frequency between my sessions on this game are increasing, and its not because I had enough fun.

*EDIT* but oh yeah, at least the bug reports are "in-progress" now. *not sarcastic*

Last edited:
Last year when I checked the forums everyone was happy and making suggestions, providing feedback, people even had hope for multiplayer to improve, a year has passed and this is the clear result of a company not providing substantial change to an otherwise empty game, I really dont know what does anyone expects from forum users, I know for sure none of us can expect anything from Taleworlds to deliver to us at this point, I dont think I'll ever be satisfied at anything they give us, and I'm not saying this from a hater perspective, I'm fully rational when I say that Taleworlds has no vision for the future of this game and they're unable to exploit the potential of this game, again, I'm not basing myself on nothing, I'm basing myself in the fact that the game has gotten 0 substantial change for a YEAR, the game is practically the same aside from QoL features and a cool animation intro. Warband was understandable to be so barebones but Bannerlord was supposed to push it to the edge, to be an actual sequel and improve upon it, not just from a visual standpoint but in everything else, instead, the game has substracted itself to become a mixed bag of features joint together with the hope of making a game. RPG, action, strategy game... they really try to be everything at once and as a result they're none of them, the only thing I can say it has succeeded is the action part, that eventually becomes boring because they put all their resources into it and the rest of the game is lacking and boring.
And a plus from the Steam description lol "Player can purchase wine and ale, and consume these in taverns" Bruh why are you even lying to us with this, its not even an important feature and it doesnt even exist in game, unless you imagine the maid ACTUALLY brings you wine, just like you have to imagine every character has a personality and that your actions actually have an impact in the world lmao
"Player can purchase wine and ale, and consume these in taverns"
We may explore this feature in future.

Yes, a year has passed and nothing has improved.

Back
Top Bottom