• We'll be making a number of structural changes to the forums on Wednesday, 06.12.2023. No downtime is expected. Read more here.

The BEST/MOST volunteers you've recruited in a village?

Users who are viewing this thread

heckani

Sergeant at Arms
Hi everyone,

i was just wondering what your best kind of troop recruited from a village was? and how many you got?

I can't remember my best for just recruits - i think it was about 30 or so due to no more space in party.

And my best (which i got today) is 18 VAEGIR MARKSMEN! :grin: Chances must be 1/1.000.000 or so lol

Haven't had that kind of luck yet, but in the village where I'm most popular (Mechin) I once got 23 recruits, and another time I got about 7 trained nord footmen.  I'm not expecting Huscarls anytime soon though. 

I had 100 relation with a Nord village and hoped to get a nice number of trained melee volunteers. I was a little disappointed when I got Nord archers instead...

Azgad gave me 26 Swadian man at arms, I love them :smile:
Also I rember playing the first M&B and jelbegi gave me 26 nord veterans I think

So how is it that villages can generate those guys, but won't bother to have them help if they're getting raided?

Rewjeo said:
So how is it that villages can generate those guys, but won't bother to have them help if they're getting raided?

Lets make a scenario:

The village had just given you troops (remember they are VOLUNTEERS), and then they had to train new, but before that they got raided...or maybe the troops suffered from a decease, or was sleeping :wink: use your imagination and the devs has en excuse ^^

Maybe just for gameplay aswell :smile:

FireWaterThunderSteel said:
I once maxed the relationship of Fedner to 100 and got 8 Rhodok Sergeants.

I've got a few at 100 (or 99, which they revert to if I do a quest for them - go figure), but so far have seen nothing better than 30ish Veteran Footmen, which wasn't bad either.

35 Nord archers from Mechin recently.  Not bad at all.  Really needed them to urgently fill a garrison.  Nord archers aren't the best, but they do pretty well in siege defence, especially castles with long run-ups.

From Mechin in my new Realistic hell playthrough, I got 20 huntsman from it "Phew" Great for giving me that little bit of an edge on 142% difficulty :smile:

12 swadian recruits or something like that.

In short, I'm too lazy to develop relations with villages (mostly boring missions IMO).

Chaingun said:
12 swadian recruits or something like that.

In short, I'm too lazy to develop relations with villages (mostly boring missions IMO).

Well getting cattle is fast, and training peasants is fast, getting grain is ok at u can just give it to them when u pass by then next time, and killing bandits and clearing the village is also fast.

Also you can lower tax rates and build a school, then u wont have 2 do anything :grin:

Back
Top Bottom