SP - General the battles are very easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Departed

Recruit
hi guys :smile:

i want say my suggest here for what i see about battles

what is wrong with it ?

battles lack real factors such as fear and realism and everyone see the solder die fast and that is not true :smile: maybe you see it or take it from movies and all movies not true so :???:

in the fight nothing will be easy even if you fight a farmer cause everyone will have fear cause he will die maybe so we can see in the movies or in this game all attack with out fear or thinking they are like animals ????
and the soldier stands in front of the horse and horse come with 50/km speed
and hit the horse :smile: ???
this not happen in real cause this will kill the soldier when the horse hit him or hurt him
so this must make the soldier run or thinking about other way to fight him
even the shield ?
when you use the shield big shield or mid
this will make you slow ؟! and the other can hit you fast
so all what i want to say you need to see the real factors
and try it in the real life
not watch movies

First of all, I would advise you to stick to default font colour, using this weird colour simply hurts my eyes.

battles lack real factors such as fear
The game does have this "feature". It's tied to morale. If you are outnumbered, your troops starts the war with lesser morale and every single lost contributes to this morale decrease. If your troops are untrained peasants, they are starting with low morale which ends up them running away after the first wave. That's why 50 trained high tier troops can sweep armies double of their size with lower tier. Not just because of the skills but also because of the running away soldiers that didn't contribute to battle much.
or hurt him
It hurts them already. Check your damage statistics when you hit a person with your horse next time.
when you use the shield big shield or mid
this will make you slow ؟!
The game also has this. Using shield or heavy armour contributes to your battle speed. If you are carrying too much weight, you will move and attack slowly.

So basically, everything you mentioned is in the game already. Game is missing lots of details for more immersive battles. But these are not in that list because they are already in the game. But the battle is at the moment is really easy because the enemy doesn't have any proper tactical way of attack/defend in place.

:smile: sorry about my font
and thank you for you answer

what i mean was

not "morale" i already know about it
i mean the fight need to be more realistic
for example
if we take 2 player
farmer vs warrior this will end for warrior sure
but the fight will be take 20s-40s for ex
not 1s
and everyone can defends himself well, even if he dies, so what is required is to improve the combat system, as well as the defensive systems, speed of defense and repulsion

about horse
i mean about it
if you was in war
would you stand facing a knight moving to you fast with spear ?? ? or you will try to avoid him better so as not to get hurt
even if you was have spear
this will make you protect yourself
so we see farmer with spear can kill knight easy and with no fear
also you can see the knights with horse like footman

also the arrow and throwing weapon is have high accuracy

farmer vs warrior this will end for warrior sure
but the fight will be take 20s-40s for ex
not 1s
Not sure what you mean here? Are you saying farmer vs warrior should take 40s while in-game it's 1s or other way around? If the latter, then how's that will make battles less "easy"? You can simply stab someone and that can kill him. 1 second of job can finish that opponent. Which basically what happens in the game if you are high level anyway. You can kill people - ones without armor - with single swing. Pretty accurate imo.

so we see farmer with spear can kill knight easy and with no fear
Still, you are giving very vague examples. A spearman can indeed stop a Knight/horse. What is the point of having a spear if they follow your suggestion and just "get away"? You may not be able to stab it properly - which ends up you getting hit by them. Pretty normal and expected outcome. Best they can do is adding a multiplier for charges and if the charge is successful, low morale tier units can scatter around and run away. But there is literally no reason for spearman to run away from a cavalry.

so if you face someone have big shield and you with out shield you will be better then him and have much plan to kill him
And I'm saying, this you already have. Your swing is related to your carried equipment and if you have shields, you are swinging less faster than usual. But saying that you are better than him without shield is not true. Because based on this "non movie" logic of yours, every battle in the history should be won by non-shielded units... I'm not going to bother to explain why this is not the truth.

also the arrow and throwing weapon is have high accuracy
This is something I cannot argue. Even looters are throwing like goddamn Legolas at the moment. This requires calibration for all units.

Not sure what you mean here? Are you saying farmer vs warrior should take 40s while in-game it's 1s or other way around? If the latter, then how's that will make battles less "easy"? You can simply stab someone and that can kill him. 1 second of job can finish that opponent. Which basically what happens in the game if you are high level anyway. You can kill people - ones without armor - with single swing. Pretty accurate imo.
i was mean
battle should take more longer

1vs1 in game even if he can kill him with single swing
but he should block some attack before he die

Still, you are giving very vague examples. A spearman can indeed stop a Knight/horse. What is the point of having a spear if they follow your suggestion and just "get away"? You may not be able to stab it properly - which ends up you getting hit by them. Pretty normal and expected outcome. Best they can do is adding a multiplier for charges and if the charge is successful, low morale tier units can scatter around and run away. But there is literally no reason for spearman to run away from a cavalry.
spear will kill horse yes
but when you can use it ? and how !
that what i mean
i see low soldier stand and facing knight/horse and not even have any fear and hit the horse and make it stop ? with out any damage on soldier ?
in real life this will kill him both the horse and the soldier this what i mean also the knight will be alive
so do you think the soldier will put himself in death danger for killing horse ?

And I'm saying, this you already have. Your swing is related to your carried equipment and if you have shields, you are swinging less faster than usual. But saying that you are better than him without shield is not true. Because based on this "non movie" logic of yours, every battle in the history should be won by non-shielded units... I'm not going to bother to explain why this is not the truth.
im with you with this

This is something I cannot argue. Even looters are throwing like goddamn Legolas at the moment. This requires calibration for all units.
yes and this make archers like a machine gun

and im sorry about my language

and also they can add or edit attack system and make it more realistic

1vs1 in game even if he can kill him with single swing
but he should block some attack before he die
I disagree. This also contradicts with what you said earlier. Not everyone is good at defending themselves. You can die with several swings in real life. There is nothing realistic about a random peasant blocking master swordsmen several times just to increase battle duration.
so do you think the soldier will put himself in death danger for killing horse ?
Yes. Because no military tactic tells you that you can "run away" from a charging cavalry. Even if you were super lucky, there is no chance for you to chargeback against it once it misses to strike you. So you have to stand still and use your spear. Or you can simply die - if you miss your chance. This is why spearman was quite efficient against cavalry on the battlefield and therefore spearman was the first target of ranged units if you had cavalry. Also, I didn't understand why footmen should die if they successfully stop the cavalry either by killing or making horse rear up?

I didn't understand why footmen should die if they successfully stop the cavalry either by killing or making horse rear up?
because the horse will be fast 60-70km
and if the footmen hit the horse and he is facing it
the horse will falls on him or stumble upon him or hit him hard

I disagree. This also contradicts with what you said earlier. Not everyone is good at defending themselves. You can die with several swings in real life. There is nothing realistic about a random peasant blocking master swordsmen several times just to increase battle duration.
im not sure i want to make it more long because i want that
no

but i see its easy and not realistic
just like you fight some child not men
and i read about history and see much wars

because the horse will be fast 60-70km
and if the footmen hit the horse and he is facing it
the horse will falls on him or stumble upon him or hit him hard
In theory, if you can kill a horse that charges you at high speed, there is a chance of its carcass hit you - that part is true. And the game doesn't have dead-horse physics at the moment. However, it is also possible that the horse will refuse to gallop and decrease its speed and you stabbing it will also change its direction as well as speed, plus the friction of your spear and effect of you standing ground. There are multiple accounts of horses refuse to gallop on soldiers as well as charges and crush them. So there is no way of knowing it since TW can't get 50 horsemen and 50 spearmen to test this by sacrificing horses ( and some people ) Also horses in the game are warhorse so their way of `attacking` won't be same with regular sprinter horse even if they decide to do that stuff.
So it is also possible that you can stab it and it can drag you a few before dying completely. But the last part is overkill for a game. It's not a horse killing simulation after all.

But it's possible that they can increase the damage given by charge hit. This could be more realistic. For that, Xorberax did this mod so you can check it out. But I don't think there is a carcass hit or about-to-die horse drag mod, unfortunately. ( this mod also kinda makes the battles end quicker since it gives more damage )

just like you fight some child not men
Crank up the difficulty. They act like a kung-fu master sometimes. So I disagree with this.

Back
Top Bottom