Native Completed The Battle of Raydenburg (Valcones Clan Server Organized Event)!!!

Date for the event.

• 14 Friday

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 15 Saturday

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 16 Sunday

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 28 Friday

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • 29 Saturday

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 20 Sunday

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Kazzan said:
Lot's of ping?
It doesn't seem to worry organisers of cross atlantic duel tournaments and team tournaments.
well it does worry me, and id prefer to have clans that are EU and could fight fairly than an NA clan with 100+ ping. And sammac maybe your right.
You're allowing Turks in and they aren't members of the EU and are also likely to reach about 90ish ping. Mad Dawg fought in Lust's 5vs5 tourny and played well, ping is not as much of a hinderance as you may think. If Mad Dawg is willing to play with a high ping then why not let him? I'm sure you'd allow Russian's in with equally high pings despite them not being members of the European Union, as a matter of fact you're excluding yourself from the tournament by excluding non-EU members from the tournament with you being Swiss.
umm... thats all political i odnt care about that, and turks are welcome to join this event just none of them have applied.
But surely their ping obstructs the fairness of the match with their high pings?

Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Kazzan said:
Lot's of ping?
It doesn't seem to worry organisers of cross atlantic duel tournaments and team tournaments.
well it does worry me, and id prefer to have clans that are EU and could fight fairly than an NA clan with 100+ ping. And sammac maybe your right.
Bah, I'd put my best 5 with high ping against your best five on your server anyday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Granted not the most skilled players but some of them were decent and it proves the point.

But I ain't mad broseph, this will probably fizzle and die like Dub's other events all have.

BlackTide said:
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Kazzan said:
Lot's of ping?
You're allowing Turks in and they aren't members of the EU and are also likely to reach about 90ish ping. Mad Dawg fought in Lust's 5vs5 tourny and played well, ping is not as much of a hinderance as you may think. If Mad Dawg is willing to play with a high ping then why not let him? I'm sure you'd allow Russian's in with equally high pings despite them not being members of the European Union, as a matter of fact you're excluding yourself from the tournament by excluding non-EU members from the tournament with you being Swiss.
umm... thats all political i odnt care about that, and turks are welcome to join this event just none of them have applied.
But surely their ping obstructs the fairness of the match with their high pings?
well most of there pings ranges from 70-90 bad but not above 100..;

Mad Dawg said:
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
Kazzan said:
Lot's of ping?
Bah, I'd put my best 5 with high ping against your best five on your server anyday.

Granted not the most skilled players but some of them were decent and it proves the point.

But I ain't mad broseph, this will probably fizzle and die like Dub's other events all have.
I refuse to respond to this scornful and pathetic behavior, so basically you can go **** yourself.

Holy Templar said:
Mad Dawg said:

I refuse to respond to this scornful and pathetic behavior, so basically you can go **** yourself.
Kinda seems like you did respond...and u seem quite mad.

Not to take sides, and only to be constructive, does it lag the server and hence other players to have high pings? And if not, why is this even an issue? What if someone has a really poor connection, are you going to tell them they cant attend?

huh ok if someone want to play whit high ping let them if its not affects the server
and plz don't take it out on the Holy Templar be glad he will make this event take place
so be glad or stay out of here thats mine opinion

Frosty. said:
No Non-Europeans can enter?  But Aren't you from Switzerland? Meaning you can't come?  :shock:
The Political state of a region like Switzerland which is neutral therefore it is not in the European Union, Russian and Turkey are not in the European Union, but that is un-important because geographically they are in the European Continent. So yes Switzerland is in Europe (the continent,) it is not in the European Union which has no affect on ping.  But besides that im making this event, so i think i should be able to participate in it with 300+ ping if so (I have 40 ping usually though).

BlackTide said:
I've seen Turks play with over 100 ping, moreover you still havn't managed to presuade me as to why having over 100 ping is a handicap.
Thats Too bad for them, and I may have probably allowed it if this was a free for all event, but this is a Tactical Multi-Clan Event so it would be unfair to the team that has the NA players with bad ping, but most Turks have good ping just for your information.

captain lust said:
Frosty. said:
No Non-Europeans can enter?  But Aren't you from Switzerland? Meaning you can't come?  :shock:
EU =/= Europe.

Anyway, I don't really see the purpose of excluding Americans but it's his event and he's perfectly within his rights to do so.
Just ot clarify it for you all again Europe as in the Continent.
sammac said:
Not to take sides, and only to be constructive, does it lag the server and hence other players to have high pings? And if not, why is this even an issue? What if someone has a really poor connection, are you going to tell them they cant attend?
It does not lag the server, and yes if the have high ping and are unfairly ruining there team due to there connection making them a weak link in there team. Yes i am telling them they can't attend.

You're obviously the expert when it comes down to playing with high ping and of course you understand exactly what the handicaps are as well as the pros of it, where as my months of playing on on US servers with high ping in a competative environment are useless.
Meh whatever, if you're going to form a decision about something that you know nothing about then that's your decision and loss of Mad Dawgs tactical knowledge and Balion's skill that could have been brought the event.

BlackTide said:
You're obviously the expert when it comes down to playing with high ping and of course you understand exactly what the handicaps are as well as the pros of it, where as my months of playing on on US servers with high ping in a competative environment are useless.
Meh whatever, if you're going to form a decision about something that you know nothing about then that's your decision and loss of Mad Dawgs tactical knowledge and Balion's skill that could have been brought the event.
I'll consider alllowing US clans in for the next event, but bug off. You don't have the right to participate you have to the privilege to participate.

Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
I'll consider alllowing US clans in for the next event, but bug off. You don't have the right to participate you have to the privilege to participate.
You should just be glad that people want to join your event with your reputation of an organisational disaster. Anyway I'm done.

If the Americans are actually that bad then what is the difference in not letting them play and not letting a clan who are incapable in terms of skill play?

I am infantry Battalion leader, and Nightlight is cav leader

Nelosis said:
I VOTE that we do this event on the 15th of Oct. (saturday)
common whos with me"" xD...?

Hmm - weekends are fine, though alot of clans have trainings on weekends, especially during the evenings. Players will also prioritise trainings at this point in time because this has barely got off the ground. Maybe have it in the afternoon on a weekend rather than evening? Make a poll, see what people think.

Guys its pointless discussing the day when were still missing a cavalry battalion from each side. Thwe date is most likely going to be on a Friday or Saturday.

BlackTide said:
Holy Templar said:
BlackTide said:
You should just be glad that people want to join your event with your reputation of an organisational disaster. Anyway I'm done.
No actually people should be glad im making this event, you ungrateful little troll, you have no diea the time it takes to organize this, and you keep trolling me and my thread because i don't want to let in NA clans because I want the event to be as fair as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom