The Battle of Chaeronea[Compleeted]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepekula

Count
cooltext1054873244.png

Hellas is burning in the flames of war. Having declared war on Athens for supporting a town besieged by the Macedonians in the 340 B.C, the expansionist monarch of Macedon, Philip II, is leading his armies to Boeotia to face against an alliance of the major cities of Athens and Thebes and their allies. The Macedonian king has brought his son, the 18 year old Alexander, to learn from and command the companion infantry, Hypaspistai, in battle.

The Greeks, led by Chares of Athens, Lysicles of Athens and Theagenes of Boeotia, wish to ensure their independence and freedom and throw away the shackles Philip has already been able to cast on the free Greeks. Determined that their cause is just and the Gods are with them, they stand together in the fields near Chaeronea, known as the dancing floor of Ares, awaiting the Macedonian advance. The victor will decide the fate of the Greek world.

legioxdivider3.png

cooltext1054889160.png

faction_banner_10koi.jpg

Led by:

Chares of Athens

Lysicles of Athens

Theogenes of Boeotia

Athenai Hoplitai

khgreekgeneral.gif

*Chares of Athens*

(Jepekula)

(Athenai)

Boeotiani Hoplitai

khhoplitai.gif

*Theogenes of Boeotia*

(Public Host)

[td]

Hieròs Lókhos (The Sacred Band of Thebes)

kh_epilektoi_hoplite.gif

(Legio I Italica)

[/td]

legioxdivider2.png
cooltext1054892471.png

faction_banner_12mak.jpg

Led By:

Basileus Philip II of Macedon

Prince Alexander

Hypaspistai

mak_hypaspistai.gif

*Prince Alexander of Macedon*
(Julius)

(Public Host + Members of the Legio X Equestris)

Argyraspides Phalangites

mak_argyraspidai.gif

(Members of the Argyraspides)

legioxdivider4.png

cooltext1054913173.png

Name:

Faction:

Name of the clan:

Number of people coming:

Clan forum thread:

Faction:

Troop type:

Time & Place

The event will be held on 16.6.2013, 19:00 GMT on the RaW_Official server. The details may change.

legioxdivider2.png

cooltext1042185249.png

mak_hetairoi.gif

Thanks to Prince Alexander (aka Legatus Julius of the Legio X Equestris) for the thread and other help

respublicadivider2.png

Ave :smile:

Legion/Clan:  Wächter des Limes [WdL]      (in english : Guards of Lime)
Players :  15 -20
Clan Thread:    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268432.0.html
Faction: Greek
Class:  Infantry

cooltext1054873244.png

Hellas is burning in the flames of war. Having declared war on Athens for supporting a town besieged by the Macedonians in the 340 B.C, the expansionist monarch of Macedon, Philip II, is leading his armies to Boeotia to face against an alliance of the major cities of Athens and Thebes and their allies. The Macedonian king has brought his son, the 18 year old Alexander, to learn from and command the companion infantry, Hypaspistai, in battle.

The Greeks, led by Chares of Athens, Lysicles of Athens and Theagenes of Boeotia, wish to ensure their independence and freedom and throw away the shackles Philip has already been able to cast on the free Greeks. Determined that their cause is just and the Gods are with them, they stand together in the fields near Chaeronea, known as the dancing floor of Ares, awaiting the Macedonian advance. The victor will decide the fate of the Greek world.

legioxdivider3.png

cooltext1054889160.png

faction_banner_10koi.jpg

Led by:

Chares of Athens

Lysicles of Athens

Theogenes of Boeotia

Athenai Hoplitai

khgreekgeneral.gif

*Chares of Athens*
(Jepekula)

(Athenai)

Boeotiani Hoplitai

khhoplitai.gif

*Theogenes of Boeotia*

(Public Host + Legio II Traiana Fortis)

[td]

Hieròs Lókhos

kh_epilektoi_hoplite.gif

(Legio I Italica)
[/td]

Corinthian Hoplites
rebel_red_sea_hoplites.gif

(WdR)

legioxdivider2.png
cooltext1054892471.png

faction_banner_12mak.jpg

Led By:

Prince Alexander

Basileus Philip II of Macedon

[size=12pt]Hypaspistai

mak_hypaspistai.gif

*Prince Alexander of Macedon*
(Julius)

(Public Host + Legio X Equestris)

Argyraspides

mak_argyraspidai.gif

*Basileus Philip II of Macedon*
(Matim)

(Argyraspides)

Hetairoi
mak_hetairoi.gif

(Basilikè Ilè)

legioxdivider4.png

cooltext1054913173.png

Name:

Faction:

Name of the clan:

Number of people coming:

Clan forum thread:

Faction:

Troop type:

Time & Place

The event will be held on 16.6.2013, 19:00 GMT on the RaW_Official server. The details may change.

MOD version 2.3 download page

legioxdivider2.png

cooltext1042185249.png

mak_hetairoi.gif

Thanks to Prince Alexander (aka Legatus Julius of the Legio X Equestris) for the thread and other help

respublicadivider2.png

It's nice that someone got around at making the thread, as for history:
Alexander led the Hetairoi (Companion Cavalry) and Phillip led the Hypaspists, he fainted retreat to drive the Greeks out of formation until he reached a vantage point; Alexander exploited the weakness in the Greek's ranks and charged with the cavalry while Phillip regained formation and attacked the unorganized Greeks.

So we have:
Hetairoi and Hypaspist + some skirmishers and phalangites on the Macedonian side
Athenian Epilektoi Hoplites and Boiotian Sacred Band + skirmishers and hoplites on the Greek side

Takeda_Shingen said:
Gothic Knight said:
Fixed up the leaders for Macedon. I suggest putting in a troop for the Theban band.

If anyone wants to play the role as the elite Theban band, they are welcome to.

Also, can I point out that, I'm playing the role of Prince Alexander and we changed it round historically (it is not perfect historically) so Alexander is commanding the Hypaspistai, we are finding someone to play the role of Philippos II. A couple of things may change, the current set up is not set in stone.

Well. I can change it back. No problem.

Gothic Knight said:
Takeda_Shingen said:
Gothic Knight said:
Fixed up the leaders for Macedon. I suggest putting in a troop for the Theban band.

If anyone wants to play the role as the elite Theban band, they are welcome to.

Also, can I point out that, I'm playing the role of Prince Alexander and we changed it round historically (it is not perfect historically) so Alexander is commanding the Hypaspistai, we are finding someone to play the role of Philippos II. A couple of things may change, the current set up is not set in stone.

Well. I can change it back. No problem.

Ta!

Letho said:
Avete RaW populus! :grin:
Legio I is in!

Name of the clan: Legio I Italica
Number of people coming: 10-15
Clan forum thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,267812.0.html
Troop Type: Infantry

Well it seems you have been chosen for the honour of being the Theban Sacred Band. Remember, the Theban Sacred Band outfought even the Spartans at battles such as Leuctra but this battle was their final battle. Fight well. History will be watching you.

Name: Salty

Faction: Makedonia

Considering I'm the first public player to sign up, can I have dibs on the Slinger class?

Takeda_Shingen said:
Letho said:
Avete RaW populus! :grin:
Legio I is in!

Name of the clan: Legio I Italica
Number of people coming: 10-15
Clan forum thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,267812.0.html
Troop Type: Infantry

Well it seems you have been chosen for the honour of being the Theban Sacred Band. Remember, the Theban Sacred Band outfought even the Spartans at battles such as Leuctra but this battle was their final battle. Fight well. History will be watching you.

Thanks a lot guys! WE are honored to play in this role! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom