SP - General The Bannerlord Banner Poll

Users who are viewing this thread

Judging by a screenshot from a devblog early this year, I'm assuming the player can create their own unique banner while faction lords remain persistent.
blog_post_82_taleworldswebsite_03.png

sankokuworld said:
133 people that want teams wearing barf as banners are retarded ?????????
I don't quite understand this, you think the unicolor banners we now have are good? Like the ones on the first picture in the original post?

Uniform color scheme for each faction: least realistic, most playable.

Individual colors and sigils for each lord: most realistic, least playable.

Some elements of their faction's color for each lord's troops, and a banner with the faction's color on it, but diversity beyond that: somewhat realistic, reasonably playable.

I'm hoping for some kind of compromise, where there's enough of a common element to allow one to visually identify friend and foe, without having a blatant and gamey "blue army versus green army" situation.  Since units can be recruited or absorbed into other armies, armor and equipment style are insufficient for identification purposes, because that NPC could be fighting for either side.  That means either shield emblems, colored tabards over armor, or color keyed piping and details on clothing.  Some clothing could be of the faction's color, particularly for the more organized armies and civilizations (such as the Empire), but that should not be the case for MOST factions.

Possibilities: The Empire could use a common background color, with all lords of the same sub-faction using the same sigil, but different sigil colors or other details to identify the individual lord.  Vlandia could use different background colors for each lord with a common sigil color, but different sigils.  The idea would be to have each faction use a "system" of colors and sigil designs, but not all factions would use the same system.

Piconi said:
sankokuworld said:
I don't quite understand this, you think the unicolor banners we now have are good? Like the ones on the first picture in the original post?

100% better than having 20 different banners that don't even have a unified color scheme mixing in the battle field and you getting confused on who is the enemy during a fight

sankokuworld said:
Piconi said:
sankokuworld said:

100% better than having 20 different banners that don't even have a unified color scheme mixing in the battle field and you getting confused on who is the enemy during a fight

I'm just curious... have you played previous Mount and Blade titles? I'm asking because in the middle of a battle you can't identify friend or foe based on the banner that they fight under (unless the troop in question is carrying a shield or wearing a heraldic tabard). So that argument is rather nonsensical here.

Also, the people who voted no aren't necessarily voting for "barf banners" or "different banners that don't even have a unified color scheme." They are saying: with all the multitude of lords that will be in Bannerlord having only 8 different kinds of backgrounds available for banners is not ideal.

By the way Sankoku, with a sample size of over 200, more than %70 feel that the current way banners in Bannerlord are done is not ideal. As I understand, retardation is not too common. I doubt that such a large proportion of any given population would be afflicted with such an unfortunate cognitive impairment. Retardation is not that prevalent and tends to afflict a small subset of people in most populations; the minority not the majority.

Your opinion is in the minority, it's certainly valid and welcomed here, but instead of just expressing your opinion you insult others' opinions with vitriolic statements that don't seem to take into account the arguments being made. Maybe consider the Steam forums - you'd fit in well there.

Terco Viejo's solution (in 1st post) is a tremendous improvement to the very boring original banners. It would be very good news if it was implemented, but I understand why it's not a priority for the Devs.

Rule of tincture (already mentioned in the previous thread about banners) could help solve this problem ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_tincture ). I think this is logical and totally doable solution. More variation, while keeping banners recognisably belonging to a faction. For each faction it would take the faction colour as a base and then allow combinations with one or more of the following: yellow (gold), white (silver) and maybe black. This would allow varied designs within TW's plans for the game.

This expands on Terco’s idea, while preventing colour over colour designs that are sometimes hard on eyes and also designs that can be confused between factions. It could also serve as a basis for a very simple banner editor: choose a sigil, its placement, background design (divided horizontally, vertically or diagonally, or monocolour or four tiles etc.) then pick colours for everthing from given palette.

mdhRs.png

I don't know what y'all talking about. Steam forums is the best forum.

On a related note,

People calling beta forums cry babies, really should check out steam forums.

Back
Top Bottom