MP The Badge of Shame

Users who are viewing this thread

Barbellz

Veteran
Hello there!

I've had a fun conversation with a friend of mine about the badges we use here. Introducing, the Badge of Shame.

A mandatory badge used by the toxic players in our community, it even comes in nice colours so we can easily spot the offence and know if we should avoid playing with said player.
It could look like a pile of excrement, or a thumb down which ever is more acceptable for the team.
Now lets talk about colours, a bright pink one for example could mean that the player was banned/muted for homophobic/religious slurs and insults
Abusing a glitch? Enjoy your Kawasaki green badge of SHAME.

The badge will only fade after a set amount of wins.You will lose your EA win badge(s) upon receiving the Shame badge and must start over at 0 wins.

Cleanse the community, game on brethren.

Damn, that kind of badge would be cool! I want one now!
Wanting the badge kind of defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it?
It's about fending off unwanted play styles and communication for those of us looking for a fun MP gameplay

Wanting the badge kind of defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it?
That's the point. When you give jerks a special status they will wear it with honour and they will do anything to keep that status. That kind of badge wouldn't actually help to fix a problem, but might even make it worse.

When you give jerks a special status they will wear it with honour and they will do anything to keep that status.
I get where you're coming from, valid point being made. However: "The badge will only fade after a set amount of wins.You will lose your EA win badge(s) upon receiving the Shame badge and must start over at 0 wins"

This means that the offender must do something to remove the badge, losing and continuing their behaviour to keep the badge could and should lead to more permanent measures ie a ban for [x] amount of days, weeks, leading up to permanent punishment.

There is no point in wanting to keep the badge other than being a d*ck on purpose towards your fellow community members.
The point of the badge is for "fair" or "normal" players to keep an eye out for these people and on their terms either help or ignore the toxic player.
My point, or vision, with these kind of badges is to let the community decide how to deal with these players after they had their punishment from Tale Worlds. The toxic player(s) will have to work with the community to lose their badge. They will lose their wins, and thus have to start their journey anew. This, in my opinion, forces the bad people to become good so to speak and hopefully bring people more together as a team instead of solo-MP behaviour

There is no point in wanting to keep the badge other than being a d*ck on purpose towards your fellow community members.

You are very VERY naive. Badge or no badge people will be dicks on purpose until they get hard banned. Look at tyler1, he was a toxic horrible player, he got permabanned from League. He has since "reformed" and Riot have let him play again, which to me shows the only way to change a dickhead is to literally take the game away from them.

You are very VERY naive. Badge or no badge people will be dicks on purpose until they get hard banned. Look at tyler1, he was a toxic horrible player, he got permabanned from League. He has since "reformed" and Riot have let him play again, which to me shows the only way to change a dickhead is to literally take the game away from them.
Tyler is still toxic as **** though

I really don't believe in perma-bans without at least a few minor punishments. Losing all your stats acquired in beta/alpha is harsh for some toxic players, combine it with an irremovable badge that you need to work for to lose might help more than banning for small offences?

Honestly, if someone ruins a game for everyone else, doesen't even remotely manage to behave like a human being and ignores every warning, he should just be perma banned, period. People who want to ruin others game experience surely don't care about their badge. Furthermore noone would wants to play with a toxic player, so everyone would just leave the game if they see such a badge. That kinda misses the point again, doesen't it?

People who hunt badges would be forced to be toxic and reported to get the badge, so it wouldnt work very well. Also trolls would wear it like a badge of honor.

People who hunt badges would be forced to be toxic and reported to get the badge, so it wouldnt work very well. Also trolls would wear it like a badge of honor.
It resets all acquired stats, you start with 0 wins, 0 kills and only a shame badge until you behave. I said nothing about collecting a badge :razz:

I'd actually like it to be like low-priority in Dota instead of just a badge, so you also get harder time getting matches if you're toxic, a teamkiller, etc and if you do match with someone he's a d**chebag like you until the sentence ends.

I don't think a badge or resetting stats is really going to do much to deter those intending to be toxic. Usually when someone sets out to ruin other people's experiences its to get attention and the joy comes in gaining the infamy and act of ruining other people's fun. They don't give a damn about stats, they can just lie and wearing the badge will be scratching that "gimmie attention look how bad I be" goal that they want.

Imo, there should be a gradual system that goes forward of ever increasing punishments until you get to a permanent ban. A matchmaking penalty in the form of taking x amount of time to match or muting of chat for x amount of time is a start and it should go from there.

I agree, but, managing this with a player report feature is just silly. Just ban people as they write the bad words instantly. Are you going to ban for friendly fire, do it to every player that does it, instantly.

I just got banned, and every time I have consciously attacked a fellow player verbally (I recently told a player their perspective was "dumb," not my proudest moment) or in the game, it has been in response to their attacks. If you think catering to your largest clans vote in the game regarding other players is a good idea, I suggest your search through your team chat record for things like the "N" word. I say this because you don't want to become that game which gets owned by its clans, you should just autoban at least temporarily on silliness.

The lack of clarity leaves me wondering if I have the right to spar verbally to defend myself against in-game friendly-attackers, while the largest clans will just keep the egregious crime up and win on "Votes." That is not entertainment, that is boredom.

Back
Top Bottom